St Etienne and Aston Villa plan january bid for Alfredo , apparently from the Birmingham Mail

The fact St Etienne are mentioned makes it made up crap french teams don’t spend big money apart from the obvious PSG , Lyon and possibly Marseille

The fact St Etienne are mentioned makes it made up crap french teams don’t spend big money apart from the obvious PSG , Lyon and possibly Marseille
Tell the Sheik at PSG that one of his fellow oil rich pals has offered £50m for Alfie. These people do not like to be shown up.

St etienne potentially would have taken him from hjk, they aren't spending the money required to get him from Rangers.

Reactions: Ter
Villa could afford him. They are going to spend big again over the next 12 - 18 months. They spend over 20 million on a Brazilian centre forward in the summer and he doesn’t look like a natural goal scorer.

I don’t think we’ll sell in Jan, but if we do then Villa could be a team that would match our valuation.

Maybe they think they can get him cheaper than we expect due to our league not being great. They are wrong of course but could be their thinking.

Would have to be at least 40 million and even then would have reservations

January money is £35m+. I am not kidding. We'd need £10m+ to replace him.

I do not think we are spending £10 million and the attendant wages on a replacement. We would be selling him because that fits our model. Unfortunately the starting point for players coming in on the model is young and cheap rather than ready made replacements. Unfortunately we will be looking at another Alfie as he was 2 seasons ago rather than another Alfie as he is now.

That makes selling him in January fraught with difficulty and selling the likes of Kamara more palatable if it heads it off for 6 months.

The January fee is 25% more. The club should just say it's 80m. Should stop any nonsense and put this whole move off until June. And it will need to be wrapped up in June so we can get a decent replacement in for the start ofpre season

Already sounds like they are wasting their time. A bit like the Bordeaux low ball bid. Why even bother?

Maybe they think they can get him cheaper than we expect due to our league not being great. They are wrong of course but could be their thinking.
They'll know what Lyon paid for Dembele.
Surely to fùck they're not stupid enough to think he's available any cheaper than that?

St Etienne are a big traditional club in France, but it's pointless leaving Rangers for them tbh. Can see the appeal of Villa with them being an EPL side though. £30m, not a penny less.

St Etienne are a big traditional club in France, but it's pointless leaving Rangers for them tbh. Can see the appeal of Villa with them being an EPL side though. £30m, not a penny less.

In January I’d be asking for £40m plus. If they want our best player in January and the board are willing to gamble with our chances of winning the league then make Villa pay through the nose or tell them to %^*& off.

Back