Match Thread St Johnstone v Rangers - 12:15 Sunday - BT Sports

Arfield looks like he could do with a day off.
Saying that, I don't think we will make many changes. 3-0 The Rangers.

It's very impressive that the team sheet never leaks with SG in charge. Quite incredible when you consider how easy it is to leak things nowadays.

Just shows you what can happen when you don't have any beggars in the squad.

St Johnstone have drawn three and lost two. They will have ten men behind the ball but I'm pretty confident that we will take care of them this afternoon.

This will be the most effort that St Johnstone will put in to a game all season, It will be a tough afternoon, 1 - 0 Rangers

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Helander
Borna

Jack
King
Aribo

Ojo
Defoe
Barker

That’s my guess.

I’d keep Alfie in. I’d even try him in Arfield’s position and put Defoe through the middle.

Notice Beale was talking up Stewart in his interview today, would not be surprised if he was involved in some capacity
These are the types of games he was brought in for. Early ko after Thursday in Europe against a poor bottom six team away from home.

This is a game where we need to go and grind out a result.

That mob are typical of most other SPL sides, who will sit in and make it hard for us to break them down.

Today will be a long, turgid 90 mins, hope i'm wrong. Got a feeling he will bench Morelos for Defoe but I think that would be a mistake, 3 points is a must.

Why? It's what people like to do. Discuss possible line ups

Go read something else if it annoys you

I know why, when you're flicking through the thread though looking for a team then find one only to see its a pointless guess it gets annoying.

You're right though I'm just being miserable after the rugby.

A good win today is required to cheer me up.

Hoping for an early goal and a comfortable performance but I think it will be a slog a bit like the St Mirren game

McGregor
Tav Goldson Helander Barisic
Jack Davis Aribo
Ojo Barker
Morelos

Katic not in squad again. I think it’s fair to say there’s been a bit of a falling out there and he’s now down to 4th choice, unless he’s carrying an injury that Gerrard isn’t telling us about.

Katic not in the squad.

Very surprised given the excuses the other day. Now it looks like something has happened.

Glad he’s not resting anyone today, can do that on Wednesday if necessary

Have such a bit squad but don’t seem to really use it.

What kind of game are we going to play King in?

Strong team - was hoping to see a bit of Andy King today but happy with the line and hopefully we can get a fast start.

I am a little concerned for katic. Gikd reasoning through the week about technical game v a good team but unless st Johnston have suddenly become Europa league standard, that explanation now doesn't make sense.

Hopefully hear an answer pre match to explain it.

Surprised he's not freshened it up a little more, that was some shift both Davis and Jack (and of course Alfie) put in the other night, for example. But, Stevie's the boss.

Share the thoughts of others re the Katic situation. The version floating around the stadium before the game the other night was that he and Goldson had had a bit of a disagreement at training. For him to be dropped outright from two squads in a row is a bit concerning.

I did think there’d be less changed today and more in the cup on Wednesday, hopefully there’s enough legs in the team to get the job done today.

Back