Match Thread St Johnstone v Rangers - 12:15 Sunday - BT Sports

Decent team, not 100% sure the 4-3-3 with 2 wingers has been a success overall for us, but that team should have more than enough today.

The Katic situation is a strange one after him being a regular till Thursday.

Not sure why people are surprised there aren't more changes. Strongest team at all times, especially away. We're playing catch up here.

Because SG told us he would be using the full squad. That was the justification for buying millions of players.:)

Will take any win after a Euro game, always seem a bit flat whenever we play after a Thursday.

Why cant people see past this idea of people being "dropped", we have a squad that we are using in what will be a very long season.

A wee bit surprised to see so many of the same starters from thursday, helander deserves to keep his place. I'm not sure if this is the right game for barker I would have played stewart.

This is gonna be a tough game after playing on thurs, cold and wet, windy, home side that can defend and love a scrap. 3 points is all im looking for.

One bet i like St J over 2.5 cards with 888 at 6/5.

Every centre back makes mistakes.
It seems to me Goldson gets his far more magnified than Katic.

Then why is he starting?

When Goldson makes mistakes they tend to be clangers that cause goals and he has made quite a few last season and started it again this season.
Katic can get to close to players and can get turned but it has never led to us losing a goal.
For me Katic defends better than Goldson and it doesn’t seem to matter how bad Goldson players as SG won’t drop him.

katic is consistently one of our best performers. yet he's been dropped. no wonder he's pissed off.

it's bad management.

and we clearly have one too many centre backs. helander was a superfluous signing.
This is just your opinion remember.
Many think different.
As for your Helander comment, does the situation today not prove the manager correct and the signing an astute one?.

Everyone needs to calm down about Katic. We’ve heard noting of a falling out, nothing has been leaked by an agent or otherwise. Maybe just take it as read that he’s not made the squad. Only Friday Gerrard said he’s got 4 good CBs. Unless you know stop with the speculation.

nonsense mate cmon. Nothing leaked is a positive as it shows a good team team spirit and respect to the badge.

but you’d need to be mental to think that nothing else has went on here.

Why? It's what people like to do. Discuss possible line ups

Go read something else if it annoys you
It doesn't bother me as much as the other guy, but it would be nice if they started with "I think the line-up will be............" rather than their guess first. Glancing through the comments it's easier to tell if the actual line-up has been released

Then why is he starting?

When Goldson makes mistakes they tend to be clangers that cause goals and he has made quite a few last season and started it again this season.
Katic can get to close to players and can get turned but it has never led to us losing a goal.
For me Katic defends better than Goldson and it doesn’t seem to matter how bad Goldson players as SG won’t drop him.

What the poster means is that Goldsons mistakes are magnified and highlighted by fans on here more than Katic’s are.

nonsense mate cmon. Nothing leaked is a positive as it shows a good team team spirit and respect to the badge.

but you’d need to be mental to think that nothing else has went on here.

Youd need to be mental to NOT make something up in your own head?

Okay.

katic is consistently one of our best performers. yet he's been dropped. no wonder he's pissed off.

it's bad management.

and we clearly have one too many centre backs. helander was a superfluous signing.
Not seen anything to say he is pissed off, not sure how anyone can say bad management when don't know why he isn't included and Helander is hardly superfluous if he is starting 2nd game on the bounce. 4 CH is not one to many

People need to remember Goldson is Gerrards number one CB. Fit he plays. This is the player SG drove the length of the country to secure his signature, and everyone must agree he’s been a great signing.

Katic has been outstanding this season barring a few positional issues, if he’s out the team for footballing reasons he has every right to be miffed.

We must trust the gaffer though and the fact we are having this debate is healthy, 4 very capable CB’s at the club and they’re all ours.

Let’s pan the negativity and trust the management. We have paid serious dosh for Helander and it looks now that Gerrard has eased him in and now has his first choice CB pairing going forward. It’s harsh on Katic but it was always on the cards.

I think the game today will show whether we really have a squad or not Expect many changes to Thursdays eleven who really gave their all and have had very little recovery time.

Abit surprised at the line up.Hope they have energy in the bank as this won't be easy but I hope not.C'mon the Bears.

Shouldn't the concern be WHY Gerrard feels the need to leave Katic out of the 18 ?

Why is it automatically assumed Gerrard is the one in the wrong here ?

he isn’t injured.

Nobody has said it is for discipline reasons.

It looks as though it is just SG prefers Goldson no matter what.

I know he was a great player but I think he is wrong here if he think Goldson is better than Katic. I have seen nothing so far this season to make me change that view.

If the manager I think is making a poor decision I will say so, if he makes a decision I agree with I will say so.

Everyone needs to calm down about Katic. We’ve heard noting of a falling out, nothing has been leaked by an agent or otherwise. Maybe just take it as read that he’s not made the squad. Only Friday Gerrard said he’s got 4 good CBs. Unless you know stop with the speculation.
Given the quality of our other 3 CB's a knock could easily have him out the squad. It's concerning that Gerrard said it was tactical on Thursday there though.

I think Katic is perfect for games like this.

No issue with him not playing midweek. Helander looks better on the ball and reads the game far better.

But today, the ball will be the air most of the time when they attack.

Katić trained Friday so unless he picked up an injury then, he's not injured.

Strong team. No excuses, three points.
I'd also imagine if he is training he has also not been bombed out. It looks like a slap on the wrist or wanting Edmundson to get used to being in the squad.

Fully expected defoe to start today. Also thought Jack would be rested, some shift he put in coming back from an injury.

Back