Match Thread St Johnstone v Rangers - 12:15 Sunday - BT Sports

Brilliant 2nd half.

Side note, I got a text of my Granda as the 3rd goal went in "The Prince of Wales aircraft carrier went under the Forth Bridge as Rangers scored, I witnessed both".

Anyone else got some shared goal moments?

Job done at a tough venue.
Thought Borna was outstanding.
Ojo fairplay to him was good today.
That was never over the line.
Should've had a penalty.
Just keep winning Rangers!

great 2nd half performance amazing how we didnt get that pen guess the media will talk about the goal st johnstone scored but not giving

Sportscene will be squealing.
Michael Stewart will be raging about the disallowed ‘goal’ but will conveniently forget the clear handball.
And no doubt they will want Morelos cited for something.....

I don’t know how many years now they’ve been simply incapable of dropping points at home. It’s turning into the usual for them. Win every single match until they open up a gap, then and only then start dropping the occasional point.

Apart from last season, when they regularly dropped points in the first half of the season to the point we went into the break almost neck and neck, and then won almost every game until the league title was as good as won.

Sportscene will be squealing.
Michael Stewart will be raging about the disallowed ‘goal’ but will conveniently forget the clear handball.
And no doubt they will want Morelos cited for something.....
Will be going through all the footage from all the cameras to see if they can spot him looking at someone a bit funny

Good result especially after the slow first half, I guess the poor decision not to award a penalty was cancelled out by the offside goal Defoe scored - the double goal line clearance from Davis was brilliant and Jack, Morelos and Barisic were brilliant.

Looking forward to seeing how we set up for the plastic on Wednesday!

Good result especially after the slow first half, I guess the poor decision not to award a penalty was cancelled out by the offside goal Defoe scored - the double goal line clearance from Davis was brilliant and Jack, Morelos and Barisic were brilliant.

Looking forward to seeing how we set up for the plastic on Wednesday!

Defoe's goal was offside but we were already 3-0 up, going into injury time. It was very much a deserved win. Well done to the players and management.

Brilliant 2nd half.

Side note, I got a text of my Granda as the 3rd goal went in "The Prince of Wales aircraft carrier went under the Forth Bridge as Rangers scored, I witnessed both".

Anyone else got some shared goal moments?

Aye...my wee boy was born right at the same time as Novo scored the penalty to put us in the uefa cup final. I think it was the same time anyway.....was too busy watching the game to tell.

3 points,job done.
Didn't see game but going by FF an uninspiring first half with big improvements second half and 4 goals.
Can't complain happy with that.

Easy win, well done the Bears. To the wee fat grey haired wank in the Louden. You look like a hobbit and you are the most negative cvnt in Britain. You and your wee lookalike boyfriend should %^*& off and support the mentally challengeds.

Did I say well done Rangers.. ;0))

The 4-0 predictions are giving me the fear.

We're in for a tough 90 minutes here.

Lack of genuine quality in the final third is killing us.

This Rangers team won't be challenging for the title anytime soon.

Turgid stuff.

No imagination.

Like watching paint dry. We're a poor side.

HT 0-0 Thanks to McGregor.

This has been absolutely brutal!

45 minutes from the biggest crisis in Gerrard's managerial career.

Anything less than 3 points today is a disaster.

Last seen just after Defoe knocked in his 2nd to seal the 4-0 win, no posts since half time.

d99b1bc57e1f3e8586e4963d7a60ef0b.png

Last edited:
Apart from a wee bit sticky first half but with no real danger towards our goal apart from one effort, it was a professional display by keeping the ball moving leaving the opposition players chasing the ball and allowing the space for us to attack their goal.Well done The Bears.
Onwards and upwards WATP

A bit hard to watch in the first half, but a joy to watch in the second half sums the game up for me.

The wee bits of controversy at the last two goals will give the Rangers hating papers their usual headlines, but do we really care.

0-4 on a plastic pitch, three points in the bag, well played the Gers.

A bit hard to watch in the first half, but a joy to watch in the second half sums the game up for me.

The wee bits of controversy at the last two goals will give the Rangers hating papers their usual headlines, but do we really care.

0-4 on a plastic pitch, three points in the bag, well played the Gers.

it’s not plastic

Easy win, well done the Bears. To the wee fat grey haired wank in the Louden. You look like a hobbit and you are the most negative cvnt in Britain. You and your wee lookalike boyfriend should %^*& off and support the mentally challengeds.

Did I say well done Rangers.. ;0))

Must have a pic to scare the grandweans lol.

1st half we were poor maybe expected after a tough European game however the response in the 2nd half was fantastic and keeps us ticking along nicely. 2 tough games coming up ones we go in to with confidence.

Sportscene showed the penalty but never had any discussion about it. Celtic had one that they should have had and they discuss.

Back