Match Thread St Johnstone v Rangers - 12:15 Sunday - BTSports

well that was fucking dire again but at least this time the tactics changed and we looked a changed side
after lafferty came on

Stevie G was livid. Even after winning. I'm not sure he should be that honest in front of the camera. My concern is it's being too Man Utd Mourinho, and it might work against him.
It wasn't acceptable to start that poorly today. However, there are some positives. We adapted during the match, coped with injuries, got stronger as the game went on, scored two great goals, and most importantly didn't drop any points.
Our manager wants new faces in. I hope the board can give him what he wants. When he is this angry it'd be best not to make things worse.

To all the lurking tims and panty wetters with fucking stupid comments during the game I hope you are as happy with the result as I am regardless of the performance.

If the '' performance '' was a one off, fine ignore it, but it isn't is it, it's the norm just now and that's worrying, and what's equally worrying is the lack of responce from the bench if SG had been out in the middle playing would he have accepted that performance from those around him, I very much doubt it so why stand on the touchline doing nowt.

Gerrard’s interview tells us all we need to know about this team. Players need to step up from the first whistle or they can play at another club. The lad grezda needs to improve dramatically.

Stevie G was livid. Even after winning. I'm not sure he should be that honest in front of the camera. My concern is it's being too Man Utd Mourinho, and it might work against him.
It wasn't acceptable to start that poorly today. However, there are some positives. We adapted during the match, coped with injuries, got stronger as the game went on, scored two great goals, and most importantly didn't drop any points.
Our manager wants new faces in. I hope the board can give him what he wants. When he is this angry it'd be best not to make things worse.
More so he should look at the positives of how we came back.

Gerrard really not happy in his post match interview
He certainly wasn't and quite rightly so.
He basically challenged the players to prove they were worthy to wear a Rangers shirt and they responded.
Between that and the change of personel and shape, that's why he's the manager of Rangers and not some random dude angrily bashing away at his keyboard on the matchday thread!

Suppose before Morelos scored you were sitting giving it your best captain Mannering impression while puffing on your cigar, Your comments are stupid,people had every right to be concerned up until that point about such a shite performance and regardless of winning it was still a shite performance,so don't kid yourself.
What a load of pish, I know we didn't play well but FFS go through the match thread and read the shite that's written the main thing is Aflie boy putting two in the pokey, sorry if that upsets you.

Wasn't even the tucking in. Andy dived in when the guy dummied to shoot. Amateurish. And I've been a big fan of him this season.

I still believe we'll win this match.

Nae danger!

We were pish for a big chunk of that game. We came back from a goal behind. We had to deal with another injury, a team already peppered with squad players instead of first team picks, players off form.... and we clawed our way back to win. We're a point behind the scum and we have them at Ibrox next week. We're far from the finished article. Our manager has had one transfer window. But we're hanging in there.

Keep believing, Bears!

Gerrard's substitutions and tactical changes haven't been great this season, but he and his team are clearly improving on that front and they transformed this game.

Morelos couldn't header a ball a year ago. Just goes to show what training, development and commitment from the coaches and player can give us.

I'd take two more 2-1 wins with last minute goals before January.

People have been focusing on Worrall, Katic and MacAuley but I honestly think Goldson is garbage. He’d be decried as a bombscare in years gone by.

In positive news Ross McCrorie had a good game and as for Morelos not being a big game player? Pah. Absolute top class

Its not a coincidence that Goldson looks pretty solid alongside McAuley & Katic (pre dropped/injury).

I think the difference here compared to the Manchester United situation is that Gerrard is bigger than the players and King will give him time and cash to change the squad to get in better and more committed players if this lot don’t deliver.
I think the manager is confident of his position and can afford to throw down the gauntlet to this bunch, some of whom have a mentality issue as well as a lack of talent,
I personally think we might never see Grezda again....

He should be taking some responsibility for his own tactics and team selection.

He was as culpable for that 1st half as the players. Fair play for changing it though

I think the difference here compared to the Manchester United situation is that Gerrard is bigger than the players and King will give him time and cash to change the squad to get in better and more committed players if this lot don’t deliver.
I think the manager is confident of his position and can afford to throw down the gauntlet to this bunch, some of whom have a mentality issue as well as a lack of talent,
Grezda, lets be honest, isn’t showing why we’d consider bringing him to Ibrox. The best thing I can say about him right now is I wish he was a loan signing

What a load of pish, I know we didn't play well but FFS go through the match thread and read the shite that's written the main thing is Aflie boy putting two in the pokey, sorry if that upsets you.
Doesn't upset me in the slightest,what annoys me is people like you telling people AFTER we have won the game to stop wetting their panties, the points about how we were playing and how shite it was until Morelos scored are all perfectly valid, It was a diabolical performance,but seemingly you had a crystal ball and knew we were going to win. Having a go at people venting their anger at a pish poor performance during a match thread and then coming on afterwards telling people to stop wetting their panties is pathetic.

Tommy Wright is a Rangers man. I sat with him when we beat the mhanky mob 3:2 at Ibrox. Hartson scored very early on. Mols and De Boer scored for us if my memory serves. Tommy has to do his job but I have no doubt whatsoever where his sympathies will lie on the 29th.

Doesn't upset me in the slightest,what annoys me is people like you telling people AFTER we have won the game to stop wetting their panties, the points about how we were playing and how shite it was until Morelos scored are all perfectly valid, It was a diabolical performance,but seemingly you had a crystal ball and knew we were going to win. Having a go at people venting their anger at a pish poor performance during a match thread and then coming on afterwards telling people to stop wetting their panties is pathetic.

I can't agree with you at all. Your argument is you can't come on after a game and tell people they were wrong based on hindsight. That's probably a fair enough point. My argument is that people can't come on during a game and tell us that everything is going to go wrong (or stay 'wrong') based on foresight. It's literally an exact opposite and doesn't help or achieve anything. If nothing else, that kind of attitude in the stands and at the game can directly impact the players when the fans start going against them. People being (maybe overly) positive are at the very worst going to be backing a team that doesn't deserve it. People being overly negative are directly influencing the people around them.

Before the game - "Take 3 points any way we can"

After the game - "Dreadful performance, rode our luck, shocking all over the park"

Honestly think folk were happier on here after the Hibs game.
Would rather draw 0-0 with style than win a scrappy 2-1.
That mentality is going to get us nowhere fast.

And St Johnstone are a better team than Hibs to boot.

We won and it is nearly Christmas. Enjoy it Bears.

Think the league would have been over had we drawn that then ended up dropping points against the next two. We MUST win them both, we CAN win them both, especially now that Celtic have half their team out and half their fans out. We don't beat them on Saturday we won't this season.

But for now, its time to settle down for Christmas and hope that 88th minute winner goes right through LENNON and BRENDA's souls!

Christmas hamper coming your way Alfredo!

You sir are a complete clown when I wake up in the morning my beloved Gers will still have won the three points I will still have the same opinion about the match thread don't have a crystal ball but no point in posting till games finished makes it sweeter when Tim lovers get proved wrong, but I'm sure you know that.

Loads of chances through the week at hibs

Not many today

Great 3 points
That second goal was a dream

Can’t complain about our performance with the 3 wee had in midfield
Always going to struggle
Not happening for grezda
An injury’s counting up now

We were terrible first half. Thankfully the Gaffer made early changes and they worked. Hopefully that'll encourage him to do that more often. Great ball from Goldson to Middleton and a brilliant delivery onto Alfie's head for the first goal. Another great ball from Tav and fantastic finish from Alfie for the second. We deserved that today for the fightback but that first half performance was dire.

Would be massive if we can pick up four points in the next two games. We were crap today but feck it, we were magnificent midweek and didn’t win.

Happy with the result. Poor first half. I don't attach any blame to SG who did get them up for the second half and he knows there are some that are just not good enough. If we had a bit more cash then I am sure he would get us better players but at present we can fight on (more fight from some players would help)
This league is now much more competitive and the difference between a player on 20k and 4k per week is very little and depends on the desire to win.
Bring on Hivs for another three points then on to septic.

Being fair to Grezda he had been out for a while before signing, and he was still injured on arrival. He's got to be given time. It could even be next season before he is showing the full extent of his capabilities.

Gerrard’s interview tells us all we need to know about this team. Players need to step up from the first whistle or they can play at another club. The lad grezda needs to improve dramatically.

Gerrard seems unable to motivate the majority of this team. We’ve been gash for weeks now and he needs to sort this out immediately or drop the chancers once and for all.

It was important we got the 3 points. We did that. It wasn't pretty nor convincing but everyone is aware of that.

I think the manager is now seeing why so much of the support wanted so many jettisoned when he came in. It wasn't realistic to do that in 1 window and many player who have disappointed under previous regimes stepped up initially but have now regressed back to type. Shy of naming names but SG knows this and those who aren't up to it will be phased out over the next 2 windows.

What is concerning me is Grezda. I've yet to see what he brings to the side. Defensively he helps but going forward he needs a second more on the ball than he's allowed.

Back