Match Thread St Johnstone v Rangers - 12:15 Sunday - BTSports

Goal-GIRUF.gif

I can't agree with you at all. Your argument is you can't come on after a game and tell people they were wrong based on hindsight. That's probably a fair enough point. My argument is that people can't come on during a game and tell us that everything is going to go wrong (or stay 'wrong') based on foresight. It's literally an exact opposite and doesn't help or achieve anything. If nothing else, that kind of attitude in the stands and at the game can directly impact the players when the fans start going against them. People being (maybe overly) positive are at the very worst going to be backing a team that doesn't deserve it. People being overly negative are directly influencing the people around them.

Stop being intelligent, it confuses people.

An important win. Had a look at the game again. It struck me that the lethargy in the team shaped the first half and continued into the second half until we scored. Thereafter, we clearly started to play the ball early, faster and sharper than the previous 65 minutes. But Saint Johnstone were no mugs. At 1-1 they had two opportunities to take the lead and narrowly failed. They played on the counter-attack and it nearly worked. As for our players, Lafferty had some great lay-offs, most importantly for the winning goal, heading the ball down to Tav, whose curling in-swinger brought the winner by El Buffalo. Lafferty should have scored twice, however. Halliday did the basics, but had minimal contribution generally. Lee Wallace, imo, came on and did a reasonable job considering he's been out for so long. Overall, the display was much weaker than against Hibs, yet we won this one. A final point on the lad Kennedy for Saints - he played a decent game. Was this just a one-off or does he always play this well?

wow been a bear for 40 years and when Alfredo scored dam that's what it's all about WE win our next 2 games and 55 is ON
COME ON RANGERS

Back