MOTM Poll St Johnstone v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good result but not happy with the midfield. Slow to make a pass and appear unable to shoot. Would like to see Jack and Wright in there to give us a better chance to score.
Kamara and Davis while being good players do not give us what we need against teams that defend but do well against the scum and in Europe.

Good result but not happy with the midfield. Slow to make a pass and appear unable to shoot. Would like to see Jack and Wright in there to give us a better chance to score.
Kamara and Davis while being good players do not give us what we need against teams that defend but do well against the scum and in Europe.
Jack isn’t fit and Wright isn’t a midfielder.

Just back in from game. Was surprised to see Barisic dropped as he seemed to be well on his way back to his old self, surely would’ve been better playing to keep momentum going.

think that’s an ACL for Fil unfortunately

Aye that's right when I played at a decent level and have been a season ticket holder for 40 years. Tell me what Kamara did today that influenced the game?
I'm not saying he's a bad player far from it, I'm saying he should be doing a lot more.
Sorry forgot that watching football makes you an expert, apologies.
He broke up play and gave the ball to those that should be creating chances.
Is no player allowed an 'off' game?
What player, in your 40 years as a ST holder and experience as a decent level player...ehhmmm...influenced every game they played in and could never any more?

Sorry forgot that watching football makes you an expert, apologies.
He broke up play and gave the ball to those that should be creating chances.
Is no player allowed an 'off' game?
What player, in your 40 years as a ST holder and experience as a decent level player...ehhmmm...influenced every game they played in and could never any more?
I'm playing devil's advocate here.

I think the guy was talking about how Kamara played today.

I was elsewhere and never saw the game, Just saw the ten minutes of highlights there.

Tav's goal already is Goal of the Season, and I hope it is only bettered by other Rangers goals.

The goal we lost is a problem though.

I'm playing devil's advocate here.

I think the guy was talking about how Kamara played today.

I was elsewhere and never saw the game, Just saw the ten minutes of highlights there.

Tav's goal already is Goal of the Season, and I hope it is only bettered by other Rangers goals.

The goal we lost is a problem though.
Get where you are coming from but even today Kamara donw what was required. Making and taking chances isnt his game.
Tavs goal was a cracker and as you say GoS already.
The goal we lost was too easy. We need to sharpen up

Aye that's right when I played at a decent level and have been a season ticket holder for 40 years. Tell me what Kamara did today that influenced the game?
I'm not saying he's a bad player far from it, I'm saying he should be doing a lot more.
I’m pretty sure most of the people around me that scream about “gettin it in the boax” and “get it up the fuckin park” have had season tickets for decades too

There’s not many complete defenders, and if there’s any they’re not coming to Scotland. If what you say is true it’s up to the management to arrange us tactically to minimise that risk. Any defender in the world will get exposed to pace if there’s nobody within 30 yards of him.
I never expected big Fil to be the complete defender, if he was he’d be worth 60 mil and playing in a top European league. The point I was making was that he struggles when facing his own goal against tricky pacy players…as we saw in both games v Benfica, against dykes at livi and several times against Brophy when at Killie.

consummate defender with his back to his own goal, great positioning and instinct, but his weakness is a big weakness, especially in Europe. St Johnstone recognised his weakness today and adapted their game to exploit it, he was ruthlessly exposed on several occasions.

two defenders in line with the striiker in the middle will always cause problems. We need one facing an attacker not alongside him.
I agree with what was said above about Kamara andI would add Davis just for today’s game where neither did much to assist the strikers and again do not shoot. Both are good players and I expect they will do well against Lyon where they will not face ten defenders but against the bottom six I would have Wright and when fit Jack both who will drive forward and are prepared to shoot.
We are lucky to have a large squad and I thought Simpson did well when he came on.

Did anyone pick up on Tom Miller's comments today 23.57 into game spitting image of Winston from still game sitting in stand he says did not know Winston was a bluenose

There’s a sense of irony in our current season.

We are playing levels below our ability. No doubt. But showing a side that’s champion like. Minus the Dundee Utd game.

our big players haven’t hit first gear in the whole but the tims are weaker.

it’s our league to lose

We were pish but got 3 points that’s it.
We started in our usual asthmatic snail style which always given the opposition a chance to ease into the game regardless of how poor they themselves are playing. When will we learn?

To be fair the STJ players shouldve been booked far more and likely one of them off as has been noted by everyone so under any normal circumstances in any normal League Rangers wouldve strolled to a big win.

In Scotland, under the usual embarrassing conditions, we take the win as is and say GITFUY.

We have got to start games faster and be more direct in the final 3rd or we will draw/lose matches like this going through the season.

Wake up!

Re Kamara. He was ok. So was Davo. But
we can’t have and don’t need two ok/tidy players in our midfield against the likes of St Johnstone. Europe yes maybe Celtic but we could have dropped points yesterday due to lack of creativity

Our games tend to be difficult for us after the international break. Yesterday was no exception, especially in the first half. Second half better and to take all 3 points was both a relief and source of joy. But these games for us auld yins with dodgy tickers is beginning to hype up the stress :)). Gonni no just win every match 10-0?:))

Very solid performance. We closed the game well, after going ahead; a couple of seasons ago we may have struggled to do that, but we were organised throughout the game, and retained our shape. A win like that wins titles.

Tell you what, I wasn’t happy at half time. However, they came out fighting in the second half. What a turnaround. That’s what Champions do. Great win and well done Rangers. Bring on Lyon on Thursday night.

I never expected big Fil to be the complete defender, if he was he’d be worth 60 mil and playing in a top European league. The point I was making was that he struggles when facing his own goal against tricky pacy players…as we saw in both games v Benfica, against dykes at livi and several times against Brophy when at Killie.

consummate defender with his back to his own goal, great positioning and instinct, but his weakness is a big weakness, especially in Europe. St Johnstone recognised his weakness today and adapted their game to exploit it, he was ruthlessly exposed on several occasions.

You can make pretty much those exact comments about Goldson too. Benfica away, Brophy at Kilmarnock ?

To be honest, that’s where the vast majority of CDs are at their worst mate.

You can make pretty much those exact comments about Goldson too. Benfica away, Brophy at Kilmarnock ?

To be honest, that’s where the vast majority of CDs are at their worst mate.
We take Goldson for granted, rarely does he get turned inside out in the manner of Fil. Goldson is our best all round centre half, his consistency has been quite stunning.

Helander is great back to goal, but I have always had issues about his ability once turned, in fact he got injured being turned inside out by a st Johnstone player and almost gave away a penalty such was his discomfort.

Our defence including a goalkeeper who usually oozes calmness and confidence were really out of sorts on Saturday. Goldson hasn’t been himself either this season his Malmö away performance was pretty abject. I am not picking exclusively on Helander, just pointing out a worrying trait when we revert to a high defensive line.

He is very good at set pieces and has great positional sense, when we are defending deep but I think he will be further exposed when we play against teams with blistering pace and are chasing the game. I have rarely seen O’ Halloran trouble anyone with that head down direct running, but it really spooked big Fil.

Have to mention, watched the game in Oswald's on Saturday before going down to trnsmt, my first time in there and compliments to the staff and regulars.
Great company and brilliant atmosphere throughout.

Back