Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Arfield

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Aribo

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • Defoe/Bassey

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters
He did make a professional decision. He decided to shoot, knowing the worst he could concede was a goal kick. We were hardly blazing forward at the time. Bassey and Patterson were not bombing up the wings. The midfield were hardly available for a layoff, defending as they were.

We then conceded from a non-penalty after defending their attack.
At least we've found the chairman of the Roofe fan club

I don't have one. It's conjecture. It's a bit like saying, if Roofe runs the ball into the corner, it would then be impossible for StJ to score before the end of the match.
Just the same as the Roofe shot, which led to a goal kick, is the reason we lost the lead.
We defended their next attack. The goal was not Roofe's fault.

Yer man is using the reasoning of IF. So am I.
IF Roofe had missed to the right instead of the left, the goal kick would have been taken from the other side, causing the game shape to be different at that point. IF Roofe had held the ball and lost it, they could have scored from open play. Like I say, conjecture.
Christ you're boring

Midfield really beginning to worry me now, we need major reconstruction in there for next season.
It really all depends on what happens with Ryan Jack. If his problem gets sorted then we only need one quality midfielder if Glen is sold then two, If Ryan's injury is long term then 3.

I agree it is a worry but our recruitment has been excellent lately and we have to trust that targets are in place that are within our budget.

The gaffer doesn't blame Roofe.
STEVEN GERRARD lamented Rangers’ game management and a lacklustre performance as they were held to a 1-1 draw by St Johnstone.

A last minute Liam Craig penalty cancelled out Scott Wright’s first goal for the champions but Rangers are now within three games of an unbeaten Premiership campaign as they prepare to welcome the Saints to Ibrox for their Scottish Cup quarter-final on Sunday.

Craig scored from the spot after Rangers lost possession when Kemar Roofe attempted to beat Zander Clarke from distance in the final stages of a low-key encounter at McDiarmid Park.

Gerrard would have no complaints about the share of the spoils, though, as Rangers emerged unscathed and welcomed back captain James Tavernier as he completed an hour before being replaced by Nathan Patterson.

Gerrard said: “I thought we started the game really slowly and finished it really slowly as well. Everything in between I thought we were just OK.
“I have got no complaints with the scoreline. As soon as Celtic finished, I made every decision tonight before the game and during the game with an eye on the weekend and I am content where we are because everyone is available and fit for selection.

“I gave the squad players some game time, which will be useful moving forward, James has come through fine and we nearly sneaked a result by just playing OK.

“We didn’t play any better than that. We should have seen the game out with better game management but unfortunately we never. But I think St Johnstone more than deserved something out of the game.

“Look, as a team we are 1-0 up and you have got to make better decisions, decisions for the team rather than yourself. But he has tried that before and scored from the halfway line so who am I to tell him?

“But, as a group, we have been really good this season with our game management and parking our ego up in the final moments of the game.

“Unfortunately tonight we paid for it. it was a penalty, we should have won the header and it was a combination of small errors. But I think over the course of the 90 minutes St Johnstone deserved that little bit of luck.”

What was the penalty even for the angle wasn’t great . A handball or a barge into the player or contact in the box with simpsons foot?

Jesus wept... panty wetter reunion night on here

We won the league ages ago, we rested half the team, we're still unbeaten

Relax

Jesus wept... panty wetter reunion night on here

We won the league ages ago, we rested half the team, we're still unbeaten

Relax

Straight after the game I said in a couple of group chats, flat first half, slightly better second. We take the point and move on. Unbeaten run intact. Massive Cup game on Sunday to focus on now.

Saints played a cynical game. All the time leaving their feet in after a tackle. Surprised we didn’t end up with a serious injury. The good thing is that they played all their cards and I don’t expect any surprises next Sunday. Admittedly, Saints played well and caused problems in the first ten minutes. With 7 changes and Davis shadowing our Tav in support it took a while to get going. Wright was our strongest asset, followed by Kamara, who put in a shift. Tav looked as though he’d been drugged. It will be Patterson for the Cup. End of season look about us whilst Saints were up for it. Incredible goal by Wright. Their penalty an absolute travesty. Laurel & Hardy. Ref very poor throughout. I truly expect we will tan them at Ibrox as they have shot their bolt in this game.

STJ played as they always do - cynical fouls, try to con for set pieces and lump long balls. Basically a slightly worse version of Aberdeen.

We should shut down at 1-0 and waited for a potential counter 2nd goal but there you, Stevie doesnt seem that fussed given the changes and his focus on the weekend so neither am I.

As for the penalties, given, not given, not given then give, what do you expect from the backwater up here?

STEVEN GERRARD lamented Rangers’ game management and a lacklustre performance as they were held to a 1-1 draw by St Johnstone.

A last minute Liam Craig penalty cancelled out Scott Wright’s first goal for the champions but Rangers are now within three games of an unbeaten Premiership campaign as they prepare to welcome the Saints to Ibrox for their Scottish Cup quarter-final on Sunday.

Craig scored from the spot after Rangers lost possession when Kemar Roofe attempted to beat Zander Clarke from distance in the final stages of a low-key encounter at McDiarmid Park.

Gerrard would have no complaints about the share of the spoils, though, as Rangers emerged unscathed and welcomed back captain James Tavernier as he completed an hour before being replaced by Nathan Patterson.

Gerrard said: “I thought we started the game really slowly and finished it really slowly as well. Everything in between I thought we were just OK.
“I have got no complaints with the scoreline. As soon as Celtic finished, I made every decision tonight before the game and during the game with an eye on the weekend and I am content where we are because everyone is available and fit for selection.

“I gave the squad players some game time, which will be useful moving forward, James has come through fine and we nearly sneaked a result by just playing OK.

“We didn’t play any better than that. We should have seen the game out with better game management but unfortunately we never. But I think St Johnstone more than deserved something out of the game.

“Look, as a team we are 1-0 up and you have got to make better decisions, decisions for the team rather than yourself. But he has tried that before and scored from the halfway line so who am I to tell him?

“But, as a group, we have been really good this season with our game management and parking our ego up in the final moments of the game.

“Unfortunately tonight we paid for it. it was a penalty, we should have won the header and it was a combination of small errors. But I think over the course of the 90 minutes St Johnstone deserved that little bit of luck.”
Case closed.

He wasn't conned
Nailed it. He was only worried about the hammering he was getting from the scum with laptops this morning.

First pen appeal - Would we have been given a penalty in those circumstances? Not a chance.
Second pen appeal - Would we have been awarded a penalty? You kidding?
Third? - An absolute joke.

I don't think it's anything to do with them becoming full time and that's our problems solved. By and large these fcukers are cheats and take the path of least resistance when it comes to awarding us anything or being perceived as awarding favourable decisons towards us.

That said, we were garbage last night and struggled to assert any sort of authority and/or fluency in our game.

That saying Wright and Roofe should have done better with their chances.

Reactions: SCG
Gerrard said it was. I think it looked a bit clumsy. If it was the other way I don't think most on here would be calling it as atrocious.
If it was the other way around, not one of us would have been expecting to have been awarded a penalty.

A lot of punters are talking about Roofe's game managemnt. In the end up it hinged on what looked to me like a mistimed and/or misplaced header by Bassey. He get's his head full on the ball, then it is cleared as opposed to going back into our penalty box.

However we were poor overall.

We also can't rotate the formation, Gerrard has from May-August to work on a 442, tonight was a bit weird
I think being able to switch formation is more important than some may think

We seem to be capable of doing it in Europe - even mid-game - on occassions & it's made an enormous difference at times imo

SG doesn't seem as keen to do it in domestic games though

I can't help thinking - limited as SPL clubs are - we're becoming a bit predictable

It's hardly a valid criticism- given our results this season - but I'm sure even a small change in formation - when necessary - may help in the more awkward games

Did we learn anything from that game tonight?

I think we did, Roofe and Itten, both reasonable players, will never strike up a worthwhile partnership.

Wright is ready and able enough to step into the first team.

Hagi and Simpson have a wee bit to go, but are more than ready to step up.

Stephen Gerrard needs to learn to take his hands out of his pockets. (Minor issue, but he is Rangers manager after all)

Undefeated record still intact, onwards and upwards.

St Johnstome deserved their point, but not in the manner they got it.

Our game management is a source of concern. We have Benfica x2, St Mirren in the LC, Hibs at ER and last night, no doubt I've missed some. All games that we failed to see it out.

I had another look at the 3 penalty incidents today on the SPFL highlights. Of the 3 the only one that looked a half decent shout was the 2nd one as our defender, though arms close to his side, does lean towards the ball. I don't think any of them were penalties though. Hagi's booking was nonsensical. This referee needs a month off duties.

Our game management is a source of concern. We have Benfica x2, St Mirren in the LC, Hibs at ER and last night, no doubt I've missed some. All games that we failed to see it out.
Crazy stupid way to drop points and as you say not for the first time, as long as someone doesn't come on here and say we will learn from it! Unfortunately we dont :rolleyes:

Hamilton , last kick of the ball equaliser.

Back