Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Arfield

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Aribo

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • Defoe/Bassey

Votes: 1 0.3%

• Total voters
Referee was absolutely appalling, so far out of his depth it was almost laughable. There is something I really dislike about the way St Johnstone play I don’t know if it’s the 1970’s tactics or the diving or what but they are up there with DU for me.
Falling down under physical pressure and calling for a foul in modern football seems to con a lot of referees.
Tonight's was no exception.
St Johnstone did it to good effect, however, referees should be strong in these matters.

It's not a big deal in the grand scheme of things at all but it's frustrating as hell conceding late goals to utter dross.

Just need to up the levels on Sunday and put it right.

What a useless referee.

We will need to play better and now this is personal i want to smash these cxnts greeting for every decision and the ref folded thank fxck the leagues won.

Roofe sold the jerseys there at the end for his own personal gain . Outrageous call to hit that shot .

He didn't really, it should never have been a penalty in a million years so what Roofe did shouldn't have mattered.

Worst ref I can remember since Beaton against Hibs when he gave a foul against Tav for being ragdolled by that c8nt Stokes I think it was.
Continuous stream of yellow cards for our players. Giving them fouls for nothing like one Defoe was baffled by. Giving them a penalty when it was clearly not a penalty.

Apart from that, Roofe was pish the whole game and basically cost us that goal at the end by trying that stupid shot instead of holding onto the ball.

I'm absolutely f8cking raging at that result, we're trying to get 100 points and have been cheated out of it by the referee. Cheated. He was also laughably incompetent, but that penalty at the end was nothing more than cheating.
Not as bad as the one who refereed our League Cup tie against St Boo. He might have refereed other games since then but I've not heard of him since.

St Mirren and Rangers get late referee sub as injured Andrew Dallas replaced by rookie whistler.

David Dickinson has stepped in to officiate the Betfred Cup quarter-final clash.

BBC falling over themselves to show their incompetence when it comes to reporting on Rangers...
(already changed by time I've gone to post)

"Steven Gerrard's men sit 21 points clear, but can no longer amass 100."

I, like the rest of the world, can see we have 93 points, with 3 games left to play (Them, Livi, Aberdeen)... 102, even 100 is still very possible. Where do they hire these cretins?
BBC are utter scum, f**k the lot of them!

Disappointing performance and result.

Not sure how seriously I should take it though given how little there was to play for and the fact we had seven changes to the side. However, it was unfortunate we let them back into it, as it will no doubt give them a lift for the weekend. Our defending at the start was horrific as well, our slack marking could easily have seen them 3 up before we even started to play. We cant repeat that.

Truth is we struggled the entire game. Our midfield never really got going and we were completely disconnected up front. Keeping the unbeaten streak going, a lovely goa,l and another MOTM performance from Wright were the only bright spots on an otherwise forgetable evening.

I really hope we are up for it on Saturday and play to the best of our ability. This Saints side is very well organized and capable of attacking and defending in numbers. They are no mugs and if we treat them lightly we could easily have another St Mirren on our hands.

Hopefully our A team will take care of them though.

Anderson is a ref for the watching.

That was Don Robertson / Kevin Clancy-esque only without the experience of how to make your cheating more subtle.

He didn't really, it should never have been a penalty in a million years so what Roofe did shouldn't have mattered.
If he keeps possession he doesn’t give the ref the chance to give the penalty . All he did was gift them one last roll of the dice . Totally unprofessional

We don’t ‘need’ anything.

Couldn’t care less about trinkets like 100 points totals, if it fires us up for the real game on Sunday then I’m ok with it.
Sunday is obviously the major priority but having these targets keeps us ticking over until the end of the season. Just look at us under Warburton before the cup final.

Ah well, looks like the "Rangers don't get penalties against them" Trophy is going in the cabinet along with the "Morelos Doesn't score against us trophy", "Rangers don't get red cards" trophies we've already accrued this season.

If he keeps possession he doesn’t give the ref the chance to give the penalty . All he did was gift them one last roll of the dice . Totally unprofessional
To be fair, he made the same play at the same moment in Liege and the rest is history.

I thought Simpson did well despite the farcical decision at the end. Seems if you carry on making appeals for a penalty you will eventually get one.

Weren’t under any real pressure apart from 5 minutes at the start and hopefully with our more established team on Sunday we can get the game won early.

Interesting to note the linesman who stopped the ref making the first penalty decision was Francis Conner.

And if you think that penalty decision was bad wait untill you see the decision Colum has just given with Hayes clean through on goal McGregor put his hands on him in the box and pulls him down, 100% red card and penalty but Colum waves play on.

For the sake of the game these refs all need to be full time and an overhaul in the refs association must take place. It is a laughing stock and as bad as I can remember it.

Ref is an utter disgrace

Never a pen in last minute

Never a pen against Wright

Never a pen 1st time with Simpson arm at his side

Ref tonight proved our refs are utter garbage

No wonder Stevie G was laughing at the end

He must think our refs are utter pish

Haud on, I agree he was pish, but two of those three calls you agree with :)

Ref only gave that penalty because he overturned the other one. It was never a penalty Kane just fell over again it's what he does best.

We were poor tonight played like a team that had made too many changes but on grand scheme of things it doesn't matter as Sunday is more important.

I get all that but if Roofe plays the simple ball out right where we have two players over we win the game instead of conceding
Pretty sure Roofe's 'shot' didn't lead to the goal.
The dodgy penalty was the reason we conceded a goal.

Just you carry on with your 'incompetence' theory all the same.

Interesting to note the linesman who stopped the ref making the first penalty decision was Francis Conner.

And if you think that penalty decision was bad wait untill you see the decision Colum has just given with Hayes clean through on goal McGregor put his hands on him in the box and pulls him down, 100% red card and penalty but Colum waves play on.

For the sake of the game these refs all need to be full time and an overhaul in the refs association must take place. It is a laughing stock and as bad as I can remember it.
Does being a full-time cheat make you a better referee?

Ref is an utter disgrace

Never a pen in last minute

Never a pen against Wright

Never a pen 1st time with Simpson arm at his side

Ref tonight proved our refs are utter garbage

No wonder Stevie G was laughing at the end

He must think our refs are utter pish
What about the decision he gave against Defoe on the halfway line? The boy was backing into Defoe. Can’t even get the easy decisions right, never mind the ‘big’ ones.

Got to be honest, Patterson’s arrival has really shone a light on Bassey’s shortcomings. He charges around like a bull, no composure whatsoever - just not a trustworthy replacement for Borna I'm afraid. See no progress since the St Mirren debacle.

What I noticed was the ref completely absolved himself of blame (for making the right call) by signalling the penalty was overruled by the linesman via his earpiece. Shitebag.
Despite that he still felt the need to make up for it by booking our players for absolutely nothing and giving them a joke penalty.

What is it with the bizarre refereeing we've seen this season?

God awful refereeing tonight, a boy in a black shirt running around not knowing what he was doing, guessing decisions and panicking.

Not even remotely fit for this league, this should be the end of him at this level.
He should never have got to this level. If that is the standard of young referees coming through then god help us.

Never enjoyed that tonight, smashing finish aside they never gave us much to enjoy. 7 changes but Simpson/Itten aside they've all played a big part in big games, so was surprised at the disjointed 1st half display.
Don't think there were many bad displays (excl. The Referee :eek: :mad: )but only Kamara was good for me, I'll have to disagree with Andy Little as Simpson never stood out for me and the goal on its own was sublime but Wright never wowed me like he has previous.

7 changes, change of formation, dead rubber, best period for us was when we reverted to our 4-3-3 but equally that's when we conceded!
Had we scored the late equaliser ourselves maybe we'd all be more half glass full?? Food for thought that the threads would be more, never say die, great spirit etc

Excited for Sunday already, and I'm sure it will be a more enjoyable watch

Three things I took from that end of season rubber:-

1. Still unbeaten.
2. Wright is a player.
3. (and most importantly) The attitude of the St. Johnstone players and the appalling refereeing will have us right up for this on Sunday - tonight isn't the worst thing that could have happened in that respect.

Back