Match Thread ** St Johnstone v Rangers - 19:45 27th Feb - BT Sports **

Great result, thought morelos played a blinder seemed to be everywhere.
First half we blitzed them second half we were competent, wasn't that long ago we couldn't buy a goal in the first half of games.

Another great display and a deserved win.
The attacking play is a real joy to watch and we are scoring to make the game safe.
Momentum is gathering pace and players are full of confidence at moment.
Same again on Sunday please + get us through to the semis. :)
Then the debate begins which shape we put out against the scum.

Tin-Hat on here but I actually believe st.j can play a decent game when they want to -
In other words underestimate them at your peril - they are no push-overs and we might need to be at our best to make certain of the points here
I'd feel better if we went for the jugular from the off & make them chase the game from the start
Hope we're up for it because I can't see it being easy
See I told you to be up for it !
So glad I was proved wrong- well done the Gers - great 3 points - again keep up the momentum

He can if he's the boss in there.Ma baw is all it takes.
What are you talking about? He tried shoving Halliday and the defender out the way and they wouldn't move. The next corner he clearly told Halliday to stand 4 yards further out so he could get a run at the ball and it worked.

What are you talking about? He tried shoving Halliday and the defender out the way and they wouldn't move. The next corner he clearly told Halliday to stand 4 yards further out so he could get a run at the ball and it worked.
Still keepers ball,if he would command his box these guys would not be in his way.Thats what top goalies do.:)

Still keepers ball,if he would command his box these guys would not be in his way.Thats what top goalies do.:)
I'm a keeper and I'd love to play in your version of football where its that simple. 'Balls in the box, a commanding keeper would take it' is nonsense. Foderingham isn't a top keeper either and never will be. Very few keepers are and very few these days seems to come for the ball often. Top keepers generally cost a lot of money. Celtc don't even have one.

Here's what Foderingham was faced with when he was trying to come for the corner at the goal. It was never his ball. There's 4 bodies and Bates moving towards him.

I'm a keeper and I'd love to play in your version of football where its that simple. 'Balls in the box, a commanding keeper would take it' is nonsense. Foderingham isn't a top keeper either and never will be. Very few keepers are and very few these days seems to come for the ball often. Top keepers generally cost a lot of money. Celtc don't even have one.

Here's what Foderingham was faced with when he was trying to come for the corner at the goal. It was never his ball. There's 4 bodies and Bates moving towards him.

Nonsense,average keepers like our own” Billy
Ritchie,”would come flying out Knees up
for everything he figured was his,look out if you
got in his way,even his own team mates.
Ask any older Bear.

Nonsense,average keepers like our own” Billy
Ritchie,”would come flying out Knees up
for everything he figured was his,look out if you
got in his way,even his own team mates.
Ask any older Bear.
Excellent keepers we had like Klos and McGregor wouldn't do it so where does that leave us? Christ, McGregor came out knees flying once against Aberdeen and got a retrospective ban for it.

We cant afford a keeper whos the finished article so we probably can have an average keeper who's good at cross balls or a good keeper who's occasionally a bit pants at cross balls. Guys like Goram, Klos and McGregor knew they didnt have to come for every ball because they had players like Gough, Amoruso, Andrews and Weir in front of them who could defend. If Foderingham stays on his line then teams are getting free headers which happened again on Tuesday. Martin stands staring as the St Johnstone player walks away from him.

People have just decided they don't like Foderingham because he isn't Andy Goram and are making up any old crap to blame him for every goal. We've been spoilt with our keepers through the years.

Excellent keepers we had like Klos and McGregor wouldn't do it so where does that leave us? Christ, McGregor came out knees flying once against Aberdeen and got a retrospective ban for it.

We cant afford a keeper whos the finished article so we probably can have an average keeper who's good at cross balls or a good keeper who's occasionally a bit pants at cross balls. Guys like Goram, Klos and McGregor knew they didnt have to come for every ball because they had players like Gough, Amoruso, Andrews and Weir in front of them who could defend. If Foderingham stays on his line then teams are getting free headers which happened again on Tuesday. Martin stands staring as the St Johnstone player walks away from him.

People have just decided they don't like Foderingham because he isn't Andy Goram and are making up any old crap to blame him for every goal. We've been spoilt with our keepers through the years.
The six yard box has always been the keepers,he directs traffic in it.Goalies standing on their line doesn't do for me.:(

The six yard box has always been the keepers,he directs traffic in it.Goalies standing on their line doesn't do for me.:(

I don't know when we last had a keeper who commanded the penalty box. Chris Woods? Great keepers though they were, Goram, Klos and McGregor rarely came out for crosses and weren't particularly commanding when they did.

Back