Match Thread ** St Johnstone v Rangers - Fri 13th October 19:45 - BT Sports**

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
odmyw2i.png

Last edited:
2-0.
A good solid defensive display and 3pts in the bag.
8 of us travelling together to this game so should be a Good trip. :D

I think we'll win but not with a clean sheet I'm going to say 3-1 to us. Looking forward to heading up there.

Feels like it's been ages since we last played. Any win will do, it's just good to be back playing!

A wee thumping just to get it right up MacLean & Wright would go down a treat, too. :D

Mon the Gers, just do it.

Now is the time to stand up and be counted. We need to go on a winning run to show we mean Buisness, starting with a comfortable 2-0 victory in Perth.

Mon the Gers, just do it.

Any bears travelling to Perth for the game, the pub the 208 that you might have previously gone to has closed and been knocked down. Nearest would be the Glover Arms which is over next to Dobbies down from Tesco.

Just get the job done bears and bring home the 3 points. Would love it to be comfortable but dont expect that in all honesty. A scrappy win will do me fine.

Im really looking foward to the game. I think the team are beginning to undertand Pedros methods and tactics. 1-3 to the Queens Eleven.

As a member of that now rare breed - a Rangers supporter who is still passionate about the national team - this game marks the welcome return of club (and dare I say 'proper') football, after the inevitable anti-climax that was Scotland's world cup qualifying campaign.

I predicted a 2-0 win for us earlier in the thread. Having said that, I won't be too surprised if we concede. Our defence remains the weakest part of our squad. The game against Hamilton should remind the players however that going behind needn't cause us to panic or become disheartened. As with all our league matches, we need to take the game by the scruff of the neck and get stuck in. We are a bigger club with better players and more money. We need to stamp our authority on the game and be arrogant without being complacent. St Johnstone are a small-time club and we need to illustrate this with a professional performance and comfortable victory tomorrow.

It's obviously a must win game. Realistically, with Timmy playing at home, the best we can hope for from this weekend is to remain no more than 6 points off the pace. Sometimes when you feel you're on a hiding to nothing you lose motivation, but if anything this should give us extra motivation. If we can stay within 6 points of them when we play away matches, the onus is on them to keep on winning their away games. Eventually they'll fail to do so. The 6 point gap becomes 4, then it becomes 2. Then another Glasgow derby comes around and it's all to play for.

A lack of motivation however could see us being 10 points or more behind them before we travel to the Piggery, and this would clearly be unacceptable.

Perth is hardly the most glamorous or inspiring of places to go to on a dark autumn evening, but 3 points is 3 points. We have to win.

Looking forward to heading up.

Our bus leaving 4ish with a 90 min stop in Blackford.

Fancy us 2-0 or 3-1 for 2 good away wins on the bounce.

Finally back to proper football. Let's get 3 points and try and get on some sort of run.

Tough game, St Johnstone were apparently terrible at Aberdeen last time and their manager will have them really fired up to get back on track. They will make it hard for our midfield by flooding it, and are good on the break.
I know he'll play and I really hope to be proved wrong, but I wouldn't start Pena in this game as he still looks too short of the pace of the game and fear he will get caught in possession a lot and that risks him making a stupid tackle or two.

With Jack suspended, I'd think of playing Holt beside Dorrans as the defensive pair in midfield with Windass moved inside where he played for his previous club as a number 10 (aware he's been poor lately but can't think who else!). Frees up the left wing for young Nemane, who I'd like to see get a run.

I’m really looking forward to this game, I hope we put in a good solid performance with a two goal win. It’s a long season, let’s kick on Rangers.

St Johnstone score and concede fairly equally. A squint at their last fixtures both home/away doesn't read well for them. Looking at their home results alone is a different matter. Tight 2-1 to the good guys for me. BTTS a stick on. Morelos first gets ye 18/5.

Expect us to get the win, expect us to boss the game without being overly impressive.

Something like a workmanlike, routine 2 nil win is what I predict.

Haven't got the foggiest how this will go.Fed up giving predictions on hope basis.
Hope a win,3 points important, any kind of win.
Realistically the way it's been I'd say 1-1.
St.johnstone far better a team than Hamilton or Partick.
A difficult place to go to.

Massive game with us kicking off the weekend.
A win for us and I fancy the spoon burners to take at least a pt, maybe 3 at home to the sheep so we could really cut that gap.
Any kind of win would do but preferably a stress free one.

Very important we get a good start and dominate the middle of the pitch. It could be a tough night if we allow them to assert themselves in midfield without Jack. Hoping we get big performances from Pena and Morelos, goals for each. A win will do me

3-0 Gers. Strangely very confident for this one. Candeias, Motelos and Pena to score.

Back