Match Thread ** St Johnstone v Rangers - Fri 13th October 19:45 - BT Sports**

Agreed, not sure if soon has spoken to him or he just seems more reasonable compared to Butchers obvious anti Rangers vitriolic
At least with Sutton I expect a bit of bitterness from him, he has a reason to be bitter - he's one of them.

Butcher, who was my favourite player when I was a kid, is just an utter tool. He was a hero with his blood soaked bandages, but I think he's done lasting damage to his brain. Just an utter cock of a man.

Big Bruno dominated everything that came his way. Thats more like what we were looking forward to. Not the best performance but the fight and spirit was superb. A game we would have lost last season.

Really like Candeias, constantly chasing back and helps cover Tavs defensive frailties. Pena looked a bit shifty at times but at the same time looked very dangerous with his positioning. 2 cracking finishes, and is that 5 from 4 starts for him? Not bad for a terrible player eh?

Good professional performance tonight and 3 well taken goals. Seven goals away from home in last 2 games is impressive form for going into the semi next week. Well done Rangers!

Unbelievable.............how............slow......................and............precise...........Sutton..........talks..........when..............slating............us!!!!

Prick!

Why wasn't Murray Davidson booked for the challenge he made on Morelos just before our 3rd goal? The ref could have quite easily done it after the goal went in. Yet he book's our players for challenges he let's opposition player's off with.
Con man.
Said the same, play advantage then book him after the move is finished, he really was shite

Two weeks ago this lot were three points and two goals ahead of us. Now they're three points and ten goals behind us. Very pleasing that we are starting to really put these shitty little teams who seem to think they are our rivals back in their box.

Never thought I'd say this, but I'm now hoping Hivs win their next two games by large margins - with all three teams suffering multiple injuries and red cards, of course :) great start to the weekend

I'm a bit too young to have seen Butcher in a Rangers shirt.

On that basis, I've got no real reason to respect him.

He's an absolute (unt of a man. He makes Derek Ferguson now educated on football.

I'm not sure if he's deliberately trying to wind up Rangers fans?

He makes Sarah Ferguson look educated on football.

To be fair - it was pretty murder to watch for the most part! So many passengers i thought tonight - Windass; Holt; John were the worst! Pena's goals were fantastic but his all round play was still pretty poor! way forward - Push Tav and Dorrans further forward! Buy McGinn and Walker in Jan! Replace the keeper and windass! Keeper flapped at everything and poor Josh just not good enough!

Brilliant 3 points, great clean sheet - but still much to improve!
Holt did well tonight

I'm a bit too young to have seen Butcher in a Rangers shirt.

On that basis, I've got no real reason to respect him.

He's an absolute (unt of a man. He makes Derek Ferguson now educated on football.

I'm not sure if he's deliberately trying to wind up Rangers fans?

A colossal captain and one of our finest centre half's but an utter wanker of a person

Are you suggesting Holt is better than Jack?

Stick to being paranoid.

No, I said I like Jack but Holt gets forward more. Where have I suggested Holt is better than Jack? Jack is easily the more superior player but could improve the attacking part of his game.

As for being paranoid - away and sleep it off.

To be fair - it was pretty murder to watch for the most part! So many passengers i thought tonight - Windass; Holt; John were the worst! Pena's goals were fantastic but his all round play was still pretty poor! way forward - Push Tav and Dorrans further forward! Buy McGinn and Walker in Jan! Replace the keeper and windass! Keeper flapped at everything and poor Josh just not good enough!

Aye OK then

At least with Sutton I expect a bit of bitterness from him, he has a reason to be bitter - he's one of them.

Butcher, who was my favourite player when I was a kid, is just an utter tool. He was a hero with his blood soaked bandages, but I think he's done lasting damage to his brain. Just an utter cock of a man.
Can't disagree.

Usual terrible tackles against us not punished ie the approach to the 1st and the 3rd goals, why can't a referee give our players some protection.

Not great watching the first 60 minutes, like watching Portugal at the Euros. I get the feeling Pedros wagons are picking up speed, the dogs of Perth were crushed, bring on the bitches of Motherwell.
Super Rangers.

22:00
'It's not a 3-0'
FT St Johnstone 0-3 Rangers

St Johnstone manager Tommy Wright: "It's not a 3-0. I thought we were very good. We got in to really good positions, got in behind them but our final ball let us down all night. We must have been into double digits in corners. We lacked that bit of quality in the final third. For 70 minutes I thought we slightly edged the game overall but the sending-off kills us, really. Good players in space create more opportunities and 3-0 flatters them a little bit. It's a sending-off by the letter of the law. I think the referee is saying it was aggressive behaviour [for Steven Anderson's first booking]. For the second one, it's probably the right decision but the first one surely can't be a yellow card or we'll be dishing them left, right and centre now. Overall I was happy with the performance."

Enjoyed that tonight, our shape looked a lot better and we defended well when under pressure.

Morelos and Pena together could be dynamite once they both fully settle. Morelos’s work rate was exceptional, Pena is superb at timing his runs and is showing flashes of brilliance.
Pena's two goals weren't exactly easy finishes. He seems to know the right place at the right time

Good performance and excellent result. Pena's best display yet, showing a good knack of finding space in the box and finishing well. Dorrans bossed it and the defence looked far more assured and combative with Alves back.

No surprise from what we saw on the night that two of our players were taking clean out in the build up to the first and third goals. St Johnstone are a very physical side and it's not hard to see why someone with a bit of zip like O'Halloran can stand out in their team.

Dug in well tonight against a team that was roughing it. We stood up and battled it out. Do trans, Pena and Alves were the standouts

We've finally grown a set but I'm not getting too carried away. I hope we continue improving. Great to get 3 points on a Friday night and enjoy the weekend.

Good to see Holt can step in when Jack isn't available, a spell on the bench seems to have increased his desire. Great team spirit tonight, all piling in as a team at off the ball incidents - I'm surprised it's taken a Portuguese manager with a few Portuguese players so long to instil that passion, but I'm glad to see it now.

Pena certainly knows where the net is and it's clear we've been working hard on the defensive side. A very good start to the weekend, could just do with the two mobs above dropping some points now to feel a bit of pressure.

No, I said I like Jack but Holt gets forward more. Where have I suggested Holt is better than Jack? Jack is easily the more superior player but could improve the attacking part of his game.

As for being paranoid - away and sleep it off.
Apologies for getting wrong end of stick.

I totally agree with this.Great result,great 3 points but have got to be truthful about players who are not up to it and how they can be replaced.About 3 signings in the next window would go along way to being serious challengers for Second place and challengers for title next season.

22:00
'It's not a 3-0'
FT St Johnstone 0-3 Rangers

St Johnstone manager Tommy Wright: "It's not a 3-0. I thought we were very good. We got in to really good positions, got in behind them but our final ball let us down all night. We must have been into double digits in corners. We lacked that bit of quality in the final third. For 70 minutes I thought we slightly edged the game overall but the sending-off kills us, really. Good players in space create more opportunities and 3-0 flatters them a little bit. It's a sending-off by the letter of the law. I think the referee is saying it was aggressive behaviour [for Steven Anderson's first booking]. For the second one, it's probably the right decision but the first one surely can't be a yellow card or we'll be dishing them left, right and centre now. Overall I was happy with the performance."

And in one summary, Tommy demonstrates precisely why he will never be a Rangers manager. Other than the 5 minute spell where they had 5-6 corners back to back, they were never close to being the better team. When BT summarised, it was all Rangers chances they talked about. Maybe we all just misinterpreted him and he meant it wasn't a 3-0, it could have been 5 or 6....and it could have been. That game was never slipping away tonight, and it's been a long time since I felt that watching a Rangers team at 1-0 up.

Tonight we seen the class of Dorrans, Alves, and Pena start to come to the fore. I still believe Herrera will be a very decent player as well.

Alves mentioned the ref isn't seeing the physical side of the opposite side
Loving the clean sheet
An you'd take 3 nil in Perth every time

Still unbeaten away from home in the league under Pedro Caixinha.

The two away games we drew; Kilmarnock and Partick, we should have been out of sight.

Keep that up along with improving our home form and we are looking solid.
We want to be unbeaten at home and make Ibrox a fortress and a place of intimidation and to fear again too.

Im happy, win 3-0 at a difficult ground with wee hiccup in their run of corners. Nothing conceded and could have scored more. Aye good one bears. in my humble opinion

What a result against a very tricky team. We would never have won that game last season , we would have collapsed under the aerial threat and presure with corners. Alves at the back was class , Dorrans in the middle was superb and Pena done brilliant for those 2 goals. Hope the doubters on Tav can give him a bit of praise tonight, without a shadow the best RB in the league. The biggest well done to Pedro who kept a consistent line up and kept faith. Fair play. Get in!!!

Two weeks ago this lot were three points and two goals ahead of us. Now they're three points and ten goals behind us. Very pleasing that we are starting to really put these shitty little teams who seem to think they are our rivals back in their box.

Never thought I'd say this, but I'm now hoping Hivs win their next two games by large margins - with all three teams suffering multiple injuries and red cards, of course :) great start to the weekend
Why wouldn't you want Hibs to beat the beasts?

Ok Daleger44.

Shows a basic lack of respect by continually getting someone's name wrong, especially when all around you are getting it right.
I see what you did there. I agree with you regarding the basic lack of respect, unfortunately the law of averages means that not 100% will get it righ or they will know it’s wrong but not take action to correct it

Away on holiday early doors tomorrow and can now fully enjoy it. I'll even help my Mrs with the cases now. It's obvious she wasn't happy with me watching the game while she was sorting everything out.
Hope you have checked your passport mate? And it's not expired.:rolleyes:

Just saying like.:D

We are improving, maybe not as quickly as we would like but a good three points.
A clean sheet at last is the most pleasing aspect.
The only downside is Windass who really is a man down.

Back