Match Thread ** St Johnstone v Rangers - Fri 13th October 19:45 - BT Sports**

An excellent win. Well done to Pedro and the lads. Hopefully this will boost our confidence and we can keep it going.

Credit rightly given to (captain) Bruno, (MOTM) Dorrans, (combative) Morelos, (2 goal) Pena & (re-born) Holt. Others too.
Just a word of praise for Candeias. Not flashy, but what an engine. His work-rate & willingness to track back are helping Tav/the whole team.

Despite St Johnstone having a huge number of corners, we looked quite comfortable defending them.

Wes had 1 save from open play.

We are getting better, that is a fact. Holt quietly effective but Jack comes back in next week for me. Alves led like the top player he is.

Pena - He gets beyond the striker and finds space. He can finish as well. He's also looking more mobile. I think it's confidence, the ovation he got when he was subbed will help push him on.

Hopefully by next week we will have a final to look forward to.

I would have bitten your hand off for a 0-3 at 7.45pm. It is a very good result and the team and manager deserve the credit that goes with it.

See this, this is a great asset to have, a great quality.
Almost impossible to defend against or to mark.
And, when your wide players can play a ball into that, almost definitely, empty space, it can cause havoc.
One of the problems with it though, is when the winger plays that ball in, and the Pena type, hasn't made the run, it looks like an aimless waste of a ball.

Only just catching up after a night in Newcastle. Didn't see the game but delighted with the result. A 3-0 win away anywhere is a good result and the confidence the team will gain from it will be immense. Well done lads.

Great result last night,pleasing to see we matched them physically,keeping a clean sheet was a bonus,penna,Alves,Dorian's,tav,great game ,still some players need to up their game-(n

It was a weird performance in all honesty. We don't seem to be controlling games by knocking the ball about and slicing teams open. But couple of excellent deliveries from Tav onto late runs from Pena worked a treat. Morelos put in a selfless shift up front but he's been isolated these past few games.

Only criticism would be Windass. Offers zilch.

Fucking hell the spelling police are out after a result like that.
Dry yer eyes. You tried to have a go at me last night also, before you deleted your comment. Until you get the context of my comment, don't comment on my post.

Credit rightly given to (captain) Bruno, (MOTM) Dorrans, (combative) Morelos, (2 goal) Pena & (re-born) Holt. Others too.
Just a word of praise for Candeias. Not flashy, but what an engine. His work-rate & willingness to track back are helping Tav/the whole team.

Couldn't have summed it better

Pena - He gets beyond the striker and finds space. He can finish as well. He's also looking more mobile. I think it's confidence, the ovation he got when he was subbed will help push him on.

This for me. I think he's been trying too hard to impress but you can see the skill he has when he doesn't have time to think about things. His take down on the chest and the little volley over the defender in one move to set the first goal up was a great piece of skill in a tight area, as was his finish for the goal.

Back