St Johnstone v Rangers - TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigy

Is this game only available on PPV? I'm currently 'abroad' and was looking to buy a match pass, but when I log in it doesn't let me. Any ideas?

Is this game only available on PPV? I'm currently 'abroad' and was looking to buy a match pass, but when I log in it doesn't let me. Any ideas?

Saints TV if you want to PPV.

Saints TV if you want to PPV.

Cheers - but if you are 'abroad' you can get it on RTV. But at present it doesn't seem to be available.

I'm sure Rangers sold the game the last time for the game up there? Surprised nothing has been released yet regarding the game.

I know it'll have been asked a million times but is there any way of going "overseas" without paying some sort of annual subscription fee? Really can't be arsed with that just to see a couple of games a season.

I know it'll have been asked a million times but is there any way of going "overseas" without paying some sort of annual subscription fee? Really can't be arsed with that just to see a couple of games a season.
Yes. Provided you have a VPN to disguise you as being overseas then you can usually purchase either a 2 or 3 Day Unlimited Pass - which gives you access to all RangersTV content for 2/3 days and will include the upcoming match. Costs £9.99. The 2/3 Day Unlimited Pass for Wednesday's St Johnstone game will probably appear online tonight or tomorrow.

Opera browser worked fine for me at Christmas for the St Johnstone and St Mirren games. Built in VPN. Will be using it when "abroad" on Wednesday.

Opera browser worked fine for me at Christmas for the St Johnstone and St Mirren games. Built in VPN. Will be using it when "abroad" on Wednesday.
If you are only using it on an occasional basis it might well be worth the gamble using Opera's VPN. However, please don't come on moaning about how shit RangersTV is when it starts to buffer etc.;):)

Any VPN will have an impact upon your download speed. As a general rule, the cheaper the VPN then the bigger the impact it will have. As I said, for a one-off it might be worth a gamble but I wouldn't be relying on it for a game of importance, just in case.

Yes. Provided you have a VPN to disguise you as being overseas then you can usually purchase either a 2 or 3 Day Unlimited Pass - which gives you access to all RangersTV content for 2/3 days and will include the upcoming match. Costs £9.99. The 2/3 Day Unlimited Pass for Wednesday's St Johnstone game will probably appear online tonight or tomorrow.
I think he meant a subscription for the VPN mate, could be wrong

Some browsers have a VPN function. Not sure how reliable they are

I think he meant a subscription for the VPN mate, could be wrong
Yup, that dawned on me when I saw a later response, hence my post about using Opera and its VPN in extremis.:) I'm sure the poster will understand.

And, of course, most VPN providers have a free trial period which is another option as a one-off, and also a sub that only covers a month (but is expensive). Covered all the bases now hopefully.

If you are only using it on an occasional basis it might well be worth the gamble using Opera's VPN. However, please don't come on moaning about how shit RangersTV is when it starts to buffer etc.;):)

Any VPN will have an impact upon your download speed. As a general rule, the cheaper the VPN then the bigger the impact it will have. As I said, for a one-off it might be worth a gamble but I wouldn't be relying on it for a game of importance, just in case.
Appreciated mate, only need a VPN for games like this and only problems I've had with RTV this season was St Johnstone game at Ibrox when the new log in details were used.
Probably jinxed it for Wednesday night now :))

Appreciated mate, only need a VPN for games like this and only problems I've had with RTV this season was St Johnstone game at Ibrox when the new log in details were used.
Probably jinxed it for Wednesday night now :))
That St J game at Ibrox was a nightmare for most of us mate. Me included - which is a very, very rare thing for me.

Opera's VPN gets a 'decent' rep but it is what it is. For a run of the mill League game I'd risk it if I had to but I wouldn't be relying on it for and OF game or a Cup Final for example.

That said, if it works for you - fill your boots. Why not?

I use Surfshark as my VPN - it cost £43 but that was for a two year subscription (so £21.50 a year). I've got the App installed on two Android TVs and this lets me watch the games directly through the TV. It's worked well for every game including the St Johnstone home game when lots had issues.

I bought this just before the club announced the deal with NordVPN otherwise i'd probably have went with them - I believe NordVPN also does an Android TV app.

I use nord vpn. Picture has been blocky as he'll last few games. Using Firefox on an android box. Going to try with laptop and hdmi cable next time.

Anyone else experiencing poor picture quality?

Thought you couldn’t buy it unless your overseas? If not then yes I will be buying from RTV
Yeah, you do need to be overseas. As covered in the thread though, the free VPN with Opera browser might be an option for just a one-off game. Or a weeks free trial of one of the paid for VPNs.

I bought NordVPN, twice I've used it to watch a game and twice perfect. For those worried or unsure about using a VPN, you install it and when you run it you simply pick whatever country you want and thats it, it couldnt be easier.

£65 for 2 years.

NordVPN-Review-656x410.jpg

I'm sure Rangers sold the game the last time for the game up there? Surprised nothing has been released yet regarding the game.
I looked at registering for a 1 game pass on saints TV.it was easy to do.bad news is they want £17.50

I will be using RTV. It would be madness to hand them £17.50.
It would be interesting to see how many additional viewers they get for these games. Surely it can’t be many?
Figures would be interesting. They will get a decent number of customers from the 'Feart of VPNs Loyal' I suppose.

I’ve been using Express VPN but the quality I’ve experienced has been very patchy - it freezes a lot and lost the last 15 mins yesterday!

I’ve been using Express VPN but the quality I’ve experienced has been very patchy - it freezes a lot and lost the last 15 mins yesterday!
Bear in mind any VPN will slow your broadband down but Express is generally one of the best.

Try switching location to another server - France, Belgium, The Netherlands. Also, once the stream starts go to the Settings icon on RangersTV menu bar and change from Auto to 1080p (or lower).

Obviously the quality of your broadband and the strength of your wifi signal (if on wifi) are important as well.

I looked at registering for a 1 game pass on saints TV.it was easy to do.bad news is they want £17.50
I paid that for the game at Xmas but not sure I’d do it for Wednesday as other than our unbeaten run it’s largely a meaningless fixture. However, the early KO means it clashes with fives so I’ll pay RTV the six quid which should allow me to watch as live early Thurs morning. Should RTV fail to have the re-run up in a timely fashion (meant to be on air from midnight but I’ll give them to 6am) I’ll post a typically angry thread on Thursday!

NordVPN is the preferred Rangers FC supplier. £70 for 2 years but allows you to be in the States for films and other stuff.
Opera no longer works from the last 'upgrade' of the RangersTV site.

Does @rangeral or anyone else know if the Livi (A) game will be televised or if another holiday will be required?

Does @rangeral or anyone else know if the Livi (A) game will be televised or if another holiday will be required?
Only the kick-off time has changed at the request of the clubs now 6pm

Sky Sports still have to make a choice if they are to broadcast the game

NordVPN is the preferred Rangers FC supplier. £70 for 2 years but allows you to be in the States for films and other stuff.
Opera no longer works from the last 'upgrade' of the RangersTV site.
£70 for 2 years is over priced, preferred supplier or not, you can get a lifetime VPN for less than that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back