St Johnstone's retaken penalty last night.

Penalty was scored but had to be retaken as the ball moved slightly off the spot.

Sure I seen that somewhere else recently with no retake.......
I’ve not.

I’ve seen one move massively off the spot though, to the extent where a half cut me spotted it from 60 yards away in the stadium.

Penalty was scored but had to be retaken as the ball moved slightly off the spot.

You are correct, the guy scored, remember the commentators taking it up as if the penalty taker just split the atom - wasn’t that big a deal.

Can’t mind who it was right enough.

Rules of the sport called football are normally followed except for when we play! Moving dead balls, shirt pulling, flying elbows and bad tackles all legal against Rangers. :mad::mad:

I posted this on the Back Pages thread;

Watched a recording of last night's Sportscene with interest particularly the St Johnstone v St Boo game.

St Johnstone player, Callum Hendry, had to re-take his penalty as the ball had moved slightly before taking the kick. He had scored with the first but a re-take was ordered and he duly scored with the second.

Pundits discussing it and Thompson says, "there was another game recently where the ball had moved off the spot" but none of the "pundits" could remember which game it was but they could remember the kick wasn't re-taken.

We all know which game it was and we all know who the referee was.

Rules of the sport called football are normally followed except for when we play! Moving dead balls, shirt pulling, flying elbows and bad tackles all legal against Rangers. :mad::mad:
another exception ; booking of players hugging the crowd after scoring, unless the shirt is blue.

And there is inconsistancy of our Referees for all to see. I'm sick of it.

Latest posts

Back