Match Thread St Joseph's v Rangers - 16:55 Tuesday - Premier Sports

Davis was motm for me, outstanding tonight and controlled the entire game. He’s picked up where he left off end of the season.

Defoe is caught offside consistently and with his experience he really needs to sort this out.

Strong win. As many of those as possible please Rangers as every co-eff point is needed in future.

A few results like that on plastic this season in the league would see us in serious contention.

Good chance to play some of the fringe players in 2nd leg dont want to get any silly bookings that could cost us in later rounds
I'm not sure if we know who are fringe players are at this point, but that 14 today, did just fine. Great problem to have 20 odd players pushing for 11 starting spots.

sg.jpg
Amazing. Imagine the respect he commands in the dressing room. Only Real Madrid, Napoli, and Chelsea have anything comparable.

Right. Only saw last 30 minutes. Over the 90, who was good/great/pish/average?

Second leg now has to be about game time for some fringe players, and no injuries to any of our players.

The first half performance was unacceptable, or do you think SG told them differently at HT?

I think SG played a blinder. Those guys are end of season while we are at the start. Patience and a goal will open the flood gates. Until Ojo's brilliance Defoes flick in the first half if it went in would have been class. I was chuffed with a lot of the combination play in both halves.

Where's all the first half panty wetters saying it's not good enough and they are worried?

Get a fucking grip of yourselves.
You are right but this is a Rangers supporters' problem not a FF posters' problem.

I went to my first game at Ibrox in the mid 60s and, in over 50 years, it's obvious that we have a healthy coterie of torn-faced, impatient Kants who forget a game lasts 90 minutes.

This will never change in my lifetime.

That was a good solid performance . We have huffed and puffed over the years against teams like that. Lots of pace and strength in the team now.

You've found me out.
No, found out nothing.
Just really curious as to why any bear would use that moniker.
Refering to our club as 'oldco, newco, sevco, etc' is fickin weird. Unless you are perhaps the king/queen of irony.
You seem to be really interested in Rangers, which is good, I totally understand that. Why 'newco' though?
You're the only poster here that uses/embraces/accepts/perpetuates that kind of shit.

No, found out nothing.
Refering to our club as 'oldco, newco, sevco, etc' is fickin weird. Unless you are perhaps the king/queen of irony.
You seem to be really interested in Rangers, which is good, I totally understand that. Why 'newco' though?
You're the only poster here that uses/embraces/accepts/perpetuates that kind of shit.

Maybe his Broxibluebear username was banned?

Jack isn't getting dropped for anyone. First midfield name on Stevie Gs team sheet mate. The rest are fighting for the remaining places.

Last season i would agree, but this season he can’t be if we are to progress imo. Jack is not the type of player to unlock the defences etc, Davis Kamara and Aribo must be the three going forward

Poor first 45, tempo was wrong, we overplayed in the final third.
Much better second half,getting the goal early helped. Like Ojo.
Good to see Alfie notch.A better option than Defoe for me. Quite pleased as I bet 4;5 & 6.

No, found out nothing.

I was on the old boards as BroxiBlueBear and here we moved to new boards. It's a dig at those who use it against us. Not arguing you with you mate you're allowed your opinion and that's fair enough.

Last edited:
I was on the old boards as BroxiBlueBear and here we moved to new boards. It's a dig at those who use it against us. But that's fine just you get upset over a username and look for something more sinister and to cause drama.
I have been worried about you for a long time to be honest. I remember Broxibluebear as well. The thing about you is I have noticed you appear strongly on match threads when we are not doing well yet disappear when we are in the ascendancy. You might just be a moany guy :eek: but you are a zero on the stauch-o-meter and wtf is "newco"?

I was on the old boards as BroxiBlueBear and here we moved to new boards. It's a dig at those who use it against us. But that's fine just you get upset over a username and look for something more sinister and to cause drama.
You're choice.
Not trying to cause drama. Nor am I suggesting anything sinister. Clearly the irony has been lost on me.
I apologise.
No offence .
Peace be with you.
Catch you later, newcobroxibluebear.

Great result for the club. I'm hoping for even more goals in the return leg at Ibrox.
Now, bring on the cheese eating Frenchies :)

Good result it effectively kills the tie & allows us to give as many of the squad competitive minutes on the pitch at Ibrox

We can have Flanagan in for Barisic, Docherty in for Jack, Aribo in for Kamara, Stewart in for Jones and Morelos in for Defore 2nd leg and have no real drop in quality at all. Arfield to come back too.

Exciting!

Flanagan’s out

I’d rather keep Borna playing to get him confident and mentally right

Edmundo for goldson

Polster for tav

Hastie start and Dapo bench

The first half performance was unacceptable, or do you think SG told them differently at HT?

I don't think it was unacceptable at all. We eased in to the game and looked pretty comfortable. I think he would have told them to relax and it will come. It did. It was always going to be the case that once we got one we could follow it up with a few. We were never going to be full pelt from kick off.

Back