Kilmarnock and St Mirren points deduction

Just like Dundee united team photo, nothing to see. They will get a fine. The SFA will say it was a club decision and the players were told social decisions and gatherings don’t matter abroad. They will make up more lies to prevent players being punished ( aka Jones and edmundson) . It’s guaranteed and it’s not that the SFA are gullible it will be because they are the one in bed with the whole sorry affair. I do however expect to hear from McCormack of Aberdeen. He must be seething as us. Killie and St Mirren won’t have a case to answer next week.

I’m going to go all Mystic Meg and give a cast iron guarantee that the points will not be deducted after all.

We all know why this won’t happen don’t we.
It more than likely won't happen because the SPFL didn't have any rules in place for potential COVID breaches. Unlike the cup where they brought in the 3-0 rule before it was due to start.

Both clubs are guilty and have admitted their guilt.

The points deduction was a ridiculous decision in the first place imo. Dangerous territory to start or should I say continue to decide results of matches off the pitch. Can’t possibly follow through after this though.

Just like Dundee united team photo, nothing to see. They will get a fine. The SFA will say it was a club decision and the players were told social decisions and gatherings don’t matter abroad. They will make up more lies to prevent players being punished ( aka Jones and edmundson) . It’s guaranteed and it’s not that the SFA are gullible it will be because they are the one in bed with the whole sorry affair. I do however expect to hear from McCormack of Aberdeen. He must be seething as us. Killie and St Mirren won’t have a case to answer next week.
Nothing happened with Dundee Utd because they were still able to play their games against Livingston and us despite having 9 players unavailable. St Mirren and Killie admitted by not following COVID guidance which the SFA set out led to their outbreak meaning the games couldn't be played so that's why they were both punished.

I wouldn’t say we are seething and we have no reason to be yet. There’s a number of issues that need to be clarified though and the main one being the first minister of the nation ( I know the feelings on her ) but she has stated during a national pandemic update on live TV that having
Looked at the photos that questions need to be asked.

If the SFA don’t ask the relevant questions then I would hope we would then be seeking as a club, some assurances that they the SFA as an organisation who is constantly at the government with a begging bowl, how does this impact the grants and hand outs due to the on going pandemic for the wider game and one question every chairman outside of one club in the land should be asking as well.

Secondly, with such a blatant disregard towards the government and pandemic guidelines can we be assured that the SFAs disregard won’t have an adverse affect at any point in the next few weeks. I couldn’t care that they went to Dubai and I fully expected them to have a pint and get caught in camera but I also expected them to be dealt with accordingly there after and if they are not then we should rightly be seeking clarification as to why

They will need to play the games.
They shouldn't be allowed to play the games they both admitted they're guilty so the clubs should be awarded the points. Obviously because the SPFL had no rules in place at the start they don't have a leg to stand on.

The 3-0 awards were due to their breaches of COVID protocols leading to the postponement of games, unless there are games postponed I don’t see how you can compare that to Celtic’s trip.

I said this today on another thread.
I went as far as saying the review was called because they knew the beasts were off on a jolly bhoys outing.

Nothing surer that celtc have saved their bacon.

Corrupt to the core.
The SPFL actually put massive pressure on the SFA to not allow any form of appeal at all.

The SFA told them to gtf and set up the appeal process due to the severity of the potential punishments.

If this happens we should ask for the wages of our 2 banned players to be paid for the time they were unavailable to us for selection. It’s the only way they can effectively overturn their punishment.

The 3-0 awards were due to their breaches of COVID protocols leading to the postponement of games, unless there are games postponed I don’t see how you can compare that to Celtic’s trip.
Agreed. Celtic players need treated the same as ours over breaking protocols. Only if they ask for a game to be cancelled should they get said punishment. Those that broke protocol, must be near double figures : 7 game ban

If this happens we should ask for the wages of our 2 banned players to be paid for the time they were unavailable to us for selection. It’s the only way they can effectively overturn their punishment.
Can’t happen. Celtic players who breached protocol must get same punishment. If not Rangers need to demand answers.

Agreed. Celtic players need treated the same as ours over breaking protocols. Only if they ask for a game to be cancelled should they get said punishment. Those that broke protocol, must be near double figures : 7 game ban
I don’t disagree with you but what happens if the players followed the rules they were given for the trip by Celtic? Not really fair to ban the individuals because they are relying on the club to confirm what has been approved by the authorities but equally you can’t just go “oh well” and move on.

The SPFL can hold Celtic responsible for the breach as it’s their fault (although Celtic will no doubt roll out their line again that the SPFL and Scottish Government signed off) but another fine is no use so what do you do then? I don’t want anything to happen that gives them any argument that they have been cheated (or at least an argument anyone with more than 3 brain cells would listen to). We’re winning 55 on the pitch fair and square and then ramming it down their throats.

The SPFL should never have allowed them to go in the first place as it looked bad to begin with but now it’s a complete clusterf.ck and it’s going to come back and bite them.

As I’ve said on numerous occasions already, it just once again highlights the utter incompetence of the SPFL.

St Mirren Football Club is delighted at the Decision of the Judicial Panel at the Appeal Hearing. The Club thanks the Panel for their review of the case and their determination that the sanctions handed out by the SPFL Tribunal was excessive and inappropriate.
The decision of the Appeal hearing that the matches be rearranged is a victory for common sense and the reduction of the fine from £40,000 suspended to £20,000 with £10,000 suspended is acknowledged by the Club.
The challenges facing everyone throughout this difficult time have never been underestimated by the Club and, the Club recognises that it will always strive to do its utmost to protect its players, staff and as soon as is safe, its loyal supporters.
The Club wishes to thank all of the supporters of St Mirren for their unwavering loyalty and dedication to the team and the Club as we navigated through this process. The messages of support have encouraged the Club to stand fast and fight against the injustice that was placed upon the Club.
We would also like to thank the supporters and clubs from around the world who have shown solidarity with ourselves during this time.
We hope that as we progress through this difficult time, no other Club faces the trials and tribulations that St Mirren and Kilmarnock FC have gone through and instead a common sense and supportive approach is taken by governing bodies to support members in unprecedented times.
We would finally like to thank our legal team of Addleshaw Goddard and Robert Milligan QC for their professionalism, advice and support throughout this process.
The Club will update supporters further in due course and we look forward to finishing the season with success on the pitch.

Celtic will be asking for tomorrow to be called off.
The whole day. "We want Saturday cancelled"
After due consideration the SPFL agree this is only fair and tomorrow will now be Sunday.

WATP

So Rangers have been the most punished club during the pandemic.
Losing 2 players for 7 games each. Yes they broke rules but it never affected club.
Bolingoli played a game when he should have been isolating, potentially infecting not only his own team but also Kilmarnock. What did he get 3 game ban?
Someone at the clib need to raise this

Losing 2 players for 7 games each. Yes they broke rules but it never affected club.
Bolingoli played a game when he should have been isolating, potentially infecting not only his own team but also Kilmarnock. What did he get 3 game ban?
Inspector Clouseau?
Sorry GL, couldn't resist :p B-D

The right outcome tbh. No way the other clubs should have got 3 points and 3 goals for f all.
I agree that other teams should not be handed 3-0 wins but today’s decision is not the right outcome
If St Mirren & Kilmarnock broke protocols then they should be punished. Points deductions can be handed out without other teams being awarded points.
That’s what should have happened to them and the scum also

We all know why this decision came down.

I don't need to explain it.

Our club should be asking questions though and there is absolutely no excuse not to.

Back