St mirren ask fans to pay to not go to the game

Absolute tinpot stuff
"The survey intimated that fans were willing to support this initiative so we invite you to contribute to this scheme"

Event Name:
£30 voluntary contribution **NOT UPGRADES**
Event Date(s):
Three Stand retention
Event Description:
As a result of the decision to retain all three stands for home fans this season we are launching our incentive for a one-off voluntary contribution of £30 to supplement the loss of income. The survey intimated that fans were willing to support this initiative so we invite you to contribute to this scheme.

what other business would happily slit its own throat by turning away potential customers?

the four home games against us and the filth could be about a third of their annual turnover. Mental

Sell out Saturday, a new version.

I also recall Motherwell basically pleading with their fans to supplement lost income, due to us being in lower leagues, the response from their loyal fans was ‘extremely disappointing’.

Is that the result of fans that obviously don’t go every week a vote on wether or not to give us and the scum when we’d fill the stands?

That's fucking pathetic.

Also nice way of covering up that they are asking for donations, pay for a ticket, but don't get it.

Flat donations to football clubs are against regulations.

Reactions: TQ3
What a great marketing ploy.

Stupid people with cash do stupid things.

It might work. Fair play in trying to fleece the clowns.

Scottish football is too busy hating itself to death. It’s a joke

What I don’t get is when Dundee utd played that home European qualifier game they had a full stadium and it was buzzing for the full game then the next league home game it was back to empty stands.
If fans of Dundee utd and other clubs put in as much effort on league games as what they do for Europe qualifier's then it might generate more money and a better match day experience and possibly improve the football.

I doubt they expect many to pay, this will be so that when they return to giving a larger allocation to away fans they can say to their fans complaining "well you had your chance to stop it".

Exactly, well done to their management for having the courage to try and find a way through this, even if it highlights the hypocrisy of their fans.

Its one thing having a survey, and in their words "the fans are willing to support this", but it will be interesting to see what the actual uptake is in the current finacial climate. Relegation awaits this mob, hopefully sooner rather than later.

didn't their fans vote for this?

Yes that’s why they are doing it, and to be fair to the club while it’s a ridiculous decision they are adhering to the sentiment amongst their fan base.

Fully expect them to come back at the end of the season and tell their supporters that they are all talk and no action having not stumped up the money and that the allocation will be reinstated for next season, but at least that allows them to draw a line under it I suppose.

Cost of living crisis not happening in Paisley, give us £30 for something you won’t need use anyway
Don’t know how much the stand holds say 1500 at £30 per seat just so us twice and them once this season won’t have supporters in that end

Probably a blinder by St Mirren the club.

We need the money but hear your frustrations.
You said you'd make up the financial hole left, so donate here.

St Mirren fans only themselves to blame when their club decides to sell out 3 stands for the £ when this no doubt goes tits up.

You’d think the lessons from sell out Saturday would be fresh in their minds.

Fucking donkeys.

They won’t raise the money required, they’ll fall into the bottom 6 and next season, we’ll get the previous allocation back.
Tell them to ram it, and get their fans to subsidise the empty seats.

what other business would happily slit its own throat by turning away potential customers?

the four home games against us and the filth could be about a third of their annual turnover. Mental
It is extraordinary. They do nothing to entice new fans or encourage more fans to attend games. And they will lose more due to the cost of living crisis.

Its one thing having a survey, and in their words "the fans are willing to support this", but it will be interesting to see what the actual uptake is in the current finacial climate. Relegation awaits this mob, hopefully sooner rather than later.
"Sell out Saturday" comes to mind, the fans told them they didn't need us, but when it came to putting their money where there mouths were they still decided to go to the shops with the mrs rather than support their own club.

Mary “ good news Willie even with higher DD for the Electricity we are only going to be £100 overdrawn this week “

Willie “ my money for my Rangers ticket hasn’t come out yet”

Mary “ I thought you said you weren’t going”

Willie “ I am still buying the ticket so that St Mirren get paid for an empty seat”

Mary “ are ye f&ck”

I don't actually see anything wrong with that from the club's point of view.

Theyve listened to their supporters and now want them to put their money where their mouth is.

We pay £50 just to be allowed to buy tickets every season.

I have no problems with these teams cutting the allocations, it's their prerogative. It's the idea they think that it'll make a difference that I have an issue with!

A club like no other but without the bus fares.
Absolutely despise them & their bigoted chairman & fans.
Hope they go bust - it’s wee diddy teams like them that make the league unsellable.

Scottish football is too busy hating itself to death. It’s a joke

What I don’t get is when Dundee utd played that home European qualifier game they had a full stadium and it was buzzing for the full game then the next league home game it was back to empty stands.
If fans of Dundee utd and other clubs put in as much effort on league games as what they do for Europe qualifier's then it might generate more money and a better match day experience and possibly improve the football.
And we, who have 45+ almost every game are called the glory hunters.

Roughly between 5-6k tickets usually get taken up by us and the scum at St Mirren. Taking that allocation from us and them accounts for roughly £750k per season for the 4 games.

If they think their fans will cover that then so be it. The clubs doing this should be told by Rangers that we will take the 1 stand from now until further notice then.

Roughly between 5-6k tickets usually get taken up by us and the scum at St Mirren. Taking that allocation from us and them accounts for roughly £750k per season for the 4 games.

If they think their fans will cover that then so be it. The clubs doing this should be told by Rangers that we will take the 1 stand from now until further notice then.
Let's be honest though, there isn't a single St Mirren fan whose attendance is affected by allocations when the OF visit.

They'll still go same as they usually do,or sit at home like they've always done.

Cutting our numbers won't make any more St Mirren fans attend.

Back