St Mirren clearing the decks

4 clean sheets less than McGregor all season.
For St Mirren

that’s more than impressive imo

When the starting point for the defence is the 18 yard line and you flood the midfield you tend not to get pumped a lot. You also tend not to score a lot either.

'Oan Djorkaeff and Vaclav Hladky will also leave the club following the expiry of their contracts, an offer was made to Vaclav but he has decided he wishes to pursue options elsewhere.'

I reckon he's Ibrox bound.
A very good keeper, knows Scottish football and a more than decent option on a free as back up for AM.

Their keeper has looked alright when we've played them, he'd be second choice anyway assuming that McCrorie spends another season on loan and then returns when McGregor retired. I've no idea why people are turning their nose up at him on a free, we aren't signing Jan Oblak to sit on our bench and play against Inverurie Locos in the Scottish Cup.

Its gonna come down to the 4 OF games to decide the title

what an absolute farce this country is, from politics, to football to the absolute zoomers in our midst.

Suppose, could be worse. Could be in the States
Tbh, SPFL debacle aside, not much these clubs can do but limit their exposure at this time.

There is a real prospect that the premier league could resemble a pub league with two giants next season (more so than it is already).

The standard could be abominable

Most of the dross being released will probably just end up swapping jobber clubs once concrete plans are in place to restart I imagine.

A lot of teams will be forced to play young players which might actually help in the long term but the standard will be terrible next season.

Is 10 going to come down to us versus them because no other team will have players and get tanked 5-0 every game?

Its gonna come down to the 4 OF games to decide the title

what an absolute farce this country is, from politics, to football to the absolute zoomers in our midst.

Suppose, could be worse. Could be in the States

Just need to scud the vermen four times then.

There is a real prospect that the premier league could resemble a pub league with two giants next season (more so than it is already).

The standard could be abominable
Totally agree mate said in another thread even standing still could benefit us this season, the league would then come down to whichever team dropped the most silly points and of course the 4 OF games.

We’ve already seen that the rest of the clubs (with the possible exception of Aberdeen) are happy just to be in the league and make up the numbers so with no incentive to put bums on seats they’ll probably just go with a mixture of youth and what they have already on the books. There will be a mountain of free agents to pick up throughout the season.

The gk would be a good back up choice, who could very well replace McGregor if he performs well. I know that won’t go down well but McGregor needs someone to push him. He’s getting old and we need to replace him sooner rather than later. That may be mccrorie but hladky would be a good stop gap imo

'Oan Djorkaeff and Vaclav Hladky will also leave the club following the expiry of their contracts, an offer was made to Vaclav but he has decided he wishes to pursue options elsewhere.'

I reckon he's Ibrox bound.
Some folk on here would say just for the fact he plays for st Mirren he’s not good enough for us, no matter how good a player the individual is

I think Hladky will sign. Not ITK by any means but it would make sense. Low wage, decent age and a No 2 that wouldn’t see a massive drop in quality for the few games he might end up playing. I reckon he would fancy himself to end up as first choice keeper if he applied himself.

Not gonna be much point kicking off in August if half the SPFL can't field a team. As usual they are not thinking this through.

To be fair diddy teams usually release loads of players anyway, they usually just have half their squad on a 1 year deal with only their best assets on a longer contract.

Back