St Mirren clearing the decks

We need a long term replacement for McGregor. Not a 29 year old journeyman.

Why continue to pollute our squad with SPFL dross. We need quality not quantity.

Have you seen him play? He is a terrific goalkeeper, probably the best in the league outwith McGregor and Forster.
He's also 29. How old is Mcgregor?
He could sign for us this summer and potentially be here for the next decade so your points are nonsense.

Totally agree mate said in another thread even standing still could benefit us this season, the league would then come down to whichever team dropped the most silly points and of course the 4 OF games.

We’ve already seen that the rest of the clubs (with the possible exception of Aberdeen) are happy just to be in the league and make up the numbers so with no incentive to put bums on seats they’ll probably just go with a mixture of youth and what they have already on the books. There will be a mountain of free agents to pick up throughout the season.
I would seriously say Aberdeen in particular are happy just to be in the league and make up the numbers. Also with no incentive to put bums on seats, in fact they work hard at ensuring seats are empty at times when income could be drastically increased just by punting tickets.

The fact they were so fucking happy to be 2nd when every other decent team was out of the top division said it all. Their manager even confirmed it. A pitiful football club with zero ambition.

4 clean sheets less than McGregor all season.
For St Mirren

that’s more than impressive imo

Possibly partly due to St Mirren playing 14 defenders in their 6 yard box at any time.

If he's coming in for back up due to McCrorie going out on loan, I could see it as being an option.

If Robbie isn't going on loan, I'd rather we went with McGregor, McCrorie and Firth as the three keepers.

Don't forge
I would seriously say Aberdeen in particular are happy just to be in the league and make up the numbers. Also with no incentive to put bums on seats, in fact they work hard at ensuring seats are empty at times when income could be drastically increased just by punting tickets.

The fact they were so fucking happy to be 2nd when every other decent team was out of the top division said it all. Their manager even confirmed it. A pitiful football club with zero ambition.
[/QUOTE

Don't forget their disgusting fans....horrible scumbags

Another Scottish club losing more than half of their players...

"The club would like to give supporters an update on the squad."

https://t.co/1NRFlRS3Ok https://t.co/kJ9OLEq3qh

Z8IAjMZ.gif

I think Hladky will sign. Not ITK by any means but it would make sense. Low wage, decent age and a No 2 that wouldn’t see a massive drop in quality for the few games he might end up playing. I reckon he would fancy himself to end up as first choice keeper if he applied himself.
His good lady would provide an ideal back up WAG to Polsters Missus. I reckon she would fancy herself to end up first choice if Polster left.

Who has gone so far ?
Well none so far but Scottish football finance experts Begbies Traynor who do the football distress reports are saying that some clubs will likely face insolvency. I wasn't trying to be smart, the letting go of players could be that start of things was my thinking.

Possibly partly due to St Mirren playing 14 defenders in their 6 yard box at any time.

If he's coming in for back up due to McCrorie going out on loan, I could see it as being an option.

If Robbie isn't going on loan, I'd rather we went with McGregor, McCrorie and Firth as the three keepers.
If anyone genuinely thinks that every club sets up how they do against us and Celtic they need to get out more.
St Mirren et al don’t play backs to the walls every week. He’s a capable keeper, more experienced than Robby if needed although I don’t think he’s as good a backup as Wes was.

Its gonna come down to the 4 OF games to decide the title

what an absolute farce this country is, from politics, to football to the absolute zoomers in our midst.

Suppose, could be worse. Could be in the States
Not quite. We still have to take care of the other teams on their patch. Something we’ve struggled with. Having no fans present also could work for the likes of the Sheep and the spoon burners at Ibrox

If anyone genuinely thinks that every club sets up how they do against us and Celtic they need to get out more.
St Mirren et al don’t play backs to the walls every week. He’s a capable keeper, more experienced than Robby if needed although I don’t think he’s as good a backup as Wes was.

St Mirren play a very defensive game every single week. It's maybe more so against us and them but they're very much set up that way.

It's why, along with Killie as far as teams in the bottom half of the league went, they've got the fewest conceded goals and fewest scored too.

They're the epitomy of a team set up to not lose a game...of which the first port of call is not losing a goal.

St Mirren play a very defensive game every single week. It's maybe more so against us and them but they're very much set up that way.

It's why, along with Killie as far as teams in the bottom half of the league went, they've got the fewest conceded goals and fewest scored too.

They're the epitomy of a team set up to not lose a game...of which the first port of call is not losing a goal.
I still think 4 clean sheets less than McGregor is impressive, after all, teams camp in against us yet in half our games McGregor conceded.
He’s not a first choice of course but he’s an experienced keeper who knows the league, think how having someone like Neil Alexander worked out. You need a good backup, Robby is imo still too inexperienced

There is a real prospect that the premier league could resemble a pub league with two giants next season (more so than it is already).

The standard could be abominable

I actually fear for our league next season and going forward mate.

I know we hate everyone and we go on about how we would love to see every club “die”, but a Scottish league needs the likes of Aberdeen, hearts, Hibs and Dundee Utd. I hate them c@nts as much as anyone but in Scottish terms they are “big” clubs.

I don’t want to be left playing the likes of Hamilton ross county etc every week. I’d rather have a good tasty fixture against one of the “top teams” with aggro and atmosphere.

We are never going to get to England to play so like it or not we need teams like the ones I’ve mentioned to stay afloat no matter how much we hate them

Just realised Alex Jakubriak was on loan with them. I remember his name being linked with us during the Warburton era. Just looked him up there and his goals to games ratio considering he’s a forward are atrocious. He’s only scored a few more goals than me and I’m not a footballer.

I wouldn't read too much into this. Most clubs outwith Rangers and Celtic have players on loan or on short contracts. There is no way they are going to re-sign players whose contracts have expired. When football restarts there will be players aplenty looking for clubs.

Is this not normal for clubs this size at this time of year? Only dafties like us hand out 3 and 4 year contracts to journeyman and end up stuck with them or having to pay them off.

I don't know if its been mentioned here or not. But vaclav hladky is following castore on Instagram. Am I the only person that finds that strange? I think he's signing for rangers

How many of these teams will be able to field a team come August, a lot of youth going to be getting a big chance

Where I stay is populated by a lot of st Mirren fans cause of how close we are to St James. They go on about that goalie as he’s Stefan Klos the second coming. Genuinely rate him higher than Mallan and McLean, even though he’s 30.

Another Scottish club losing more than half of their players...

"The club would like to give supporters an update on the squad."

https://t.co/1NRFlRS3Ok https://t.co/kJ9OLEq3qh

I actually don't think that'll be much different than usual for a provincial club, close season.

There's always huge comings and goings at these clubs each season.

I’ve no worries playing V the vile club. Our issue is and still is, we are unable to beat the so called lesser teams when the heat is on. We don’t like it up us essentially.

Behind closed doors may actually see our more weak minded players play better.

Not the first and will be a couple more clubs in the same boat soon. Half of them will end up at hamilton, Ross county etc.

At this level the players are interchangeable with no real drop in quality. The reality is that the wage available determines how far from relegation you end up. Injuries or having Levein as your manager are more likely to see you relegated.

Back