St Mirren Director John Needham Makes Derogatory/Sectarian Tweets About Our Club And Support

Why has he not been cited by the SFA yet?

Disciplinary Rule 73:

No recognised football body, club, official, Team Official or other member of Team Staff, player,
match official or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall in an interview, a ‘blog’ on the internet, on a social networking or microblogging site, or in any other manner calculated
or likely to lead to publicity, make comment(s) of a discriminatory or offensive nature based on, but not limited to, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability, or that endorse or
encourage foul play or violent Conduct or are otherwise offensive. There shall be a presumption
that any material published in such a manner was published in the name of and/or with the authority of the person or body bearing to have published the material.
As recent court cases show they don't always have a grasp of their own rules.

Disciplinary Rule 73:

No recognised football body, club, official, Team Official or other member of Team Staff, player,
match official or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall in an interview, a ‘blog’ on the internet, on a social networking or microblogging site, or in any other manner calculated
or likely to lead to publicity, make comment(s) of a discriminatory or offensive nature based on, but not limited to, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability, or that endorse or
encourage foul play or violent Conduct or are otherwise offensive. There shall be a presumption
that any material published in such a manner was published in the name of and/or with the authority of the person or body bearing to have published the material.
Well said.
This is the rules.

So it went the same way as Sturgeon's sister's case - made to just disappear down a rabbit hole for convenience sake?
Have a look on his LinkedIn. Quite interesting timeline regarding when he took the package from RBS in relation to the alleged assault, right up to his current occupation.

I do believe he has said sorry, prob in the same way you make one of your kids apologise to the other one for taking toys/chocolate whatever, a big false sooorrrry.

Disciplinary Rule 73:

Should Michael Stewart be getting pulled up on this rule several times each week then? Employee of Celtic (tv).

I do believe he has said sorry, prob in the same way you make one of your kids apologise to the other one for taking toys/chocolate whatever, a big false sooorrrry.

Aye, sorry he got caught.
If he'd been a Gers director saying similar about St midden supporters would a quick 'sorry' have cut it?
No danger.

I honestly think if the club are aware of this they should make an official complaint to the SFA,Every week we have individuals making derogatory offensive remarks about our club and fans that go unchallenged,
Properly worded statements by a decent PR department that highlights the double standards that are practiced by the authorities rather than the dignified silence.

Just another example of why are our youngest Rangers Supporters learn very quickly of the old adage 'NO OE LIKES US WE DON'T CARE' These constant attacks on our club only makes us stronger.

I can't wait to experience the major fallout that will ensue when Rangers win Title 56 in 2022 :D

Imagine he said this about the celtic fans (calling them t,arriers) the usual bigoted arseholes, Dornan etc would be on twitter screaming about "anti irish/ catholic hatred" in Scotland.

But its OK with those hypocrite bastards to say this about the Rangers fans.
Bigoted hate speeches and sectarianism is a one way street in Scotland the evidence is repeated time and time again,each and every day and nothing is done about it.
The logical conclusion by that is that the people administering the rules are corrupt.

So the message is it's to hate a group of people as long as everyone who isn't in that group hates them as well, somehow makes it the norm and ok?
Mate, you’ll no yourself the St Mirren support are a hateful bunch of arseholes. They think it’s ok to hate us and Celtic fans because they hate us both. Twisted bastards.

If they don’t reflect his character then why would they come into his thought process to post on Twitter? Another snivelling wee rat that will get away with demeaning Rangers fans and the club. This country disgusts me with the one sided bias against anything Rangers.

The Kibble (Co-owners of StM w/ SMiSA) want Needham gone - he's been asked to resign since Saturday & is refusing.

He is being backed by George Adams MSP, Alan Wardrop & former owner Gordon Scott....all backing him to the hilt.

Issue is serious & The Kibble are extremely nervey about the negative press from his words and actions, to the extent where they will withdraw their funding from the club if he isn't gone.

The wifebeating thing has been known internally for a good while. There is a real naivety to St Mirren fans - I honestly thought it would be The Kibble who ran them into the ground but they seem hell bent on doing it themselves.

Wonder if the board members who are backing Needham will also tell the wider support why they blocked the club from increasing resource last week for things like ticketing which are constantly complained about?

Senior SMiSA members joined in rounding on the club on letting their former secretary go recently as well as another employee - both employees were so unhelpful senior staff and players used to call my mate who works in there to ask if they were around or not before coming to hte stadium to do extra physio or training!

Every time there is a head to head at the club they back the wrong horse - without fail.

This is where Our Club should be making a very public statement about this.
And make sure we use the them sectarian.

Would be useful if we had a well organised supporters group, that could make the statement incorporating the term 'unacceptable sectarian hate speech', as opposed to the club having to do it. Oh wait ...

We should threaten a boycott of their midden, so long as he remains on their board.

Would be useful if we had a well organised supporters group, that could make the statement incorporating the term 'unacceptable sectarian hate speech', as opposed to the club having to do it. Oh wait ...

We should threaten a boycott of their midden, so long as he remains on their board.
That’s useful it will help broadcast Needham’s personality and character to a wider audience

Last edited:
The Kibble (Co-owners of StM w/ SMiSA) want Needham gone - he's been asked to resign since Saturday & is refusing.

He is being backed by George Adams MSP, Alan Wardrop & former owner Gordon Scott....all backing him to the hilt.

Issue is serious & The Kibble are extremely nervey about the negative press from his words and actions, to the extent where they will withdraw their funding from the club if he isn't gone.

The wifebeating thing has been known internally for a good while. There is a real naivety to St Mirren fans - I honestly thought it would be The Kibble who ran them into the ground but they seem hell bent on doing it themselves.

Wonder if the board members who are backing Needham will also tell the wider support why they blocked the club from increasing resource last week for things like ticketing which are constantly complained about?

Senior SMiSA members joined in rounding on the club on letting their former secretary go recently as well as another employee - both employees were so unhelpful senior staff and players used to call my mate who works in there to ask if they were around or not before coming to hte stadium to do extra physio or training!

Every time there is a head to head at the club they back the wrong horse - without fail.
What a surprise this is. Is it a pre requisite of being an SNP member that you must despise and show open hatred of anything to do with Rangers FC

I always tend to judge these things by flipping them and considering what the reaction would be. So, imagine Douglas Park or any other Rangers director had said this?

Yeah. We pretty much know how it goes. Headline news. Widespread condemnation from everyone up to government ministers. Wall to wall coverage.
Sportsound would dedicate a full week of discussion to it. There would be “debates” about the culture at Ibrox. Tom Devine’s phone would going non-stop with invites for comment and articles. There is no question whatsoever.

Has he not resigned or been sacked yet?
Seriously, saying that about wishing bridge collapse had no smileys or banter - it was shameful hatred.

Wishing thousands of people to die is not inappropriate it is a hate crime and should be treated as such. If Scotshit police could take a break from studying cctv and victimising our fans maybe they could have a word with this rat

Being from Renfrewshire I have to hear a lot of the St Mirren fans pish. They think they are all self righteous and see themselves as better people than Rangers fans. In reality they are fucking bigots.

Being from Renfrewshire I have to hear a lot of the St Mirren fans pish. They think they are all self righteous and see themselves as better people than Rangers fans. In reality they are fucking bigots.
Yip,I’m the same.
They are all puddle drinking wankers.

Yip,I’m the same.
They are all puddle drinking wankers.
The support are regularly a source of frustration for staff. 9 games in and that's their 2nd pitch invader. Last time was away to Livi

If it wasn't for a certain Mr Fitzpatrick, that North West Bank section would be empty due to banning orders. "Tony's ma uncle" and shit like that, he normally gets them off.

Mr Needham hasn't considered that half their squad support us when making these comments - he is aware now.

Still expect him to be gone pretty soon.

Back