St Mirren Director John Needham Makes Derogatory/Sectarian Tweets About Our Club And Support

Still in a job. Suppose he’s not a hun bastard so his comments are okay.

Scumbag of a man living in a scum country where anything directed at Rangers, our players, staff or support is seen as perfectly acceptable.

Oh, and 2-1. Get that up you. Bet he’s absolutely distraught at getting best by a club he utterly despises.

I remember the Motherwell CEO (I think) arguing with bears on twitter in the summer about the walks etc and the usual bigot fan base pish.

You’d imagine some sort of vetting process would take place before these guys get into their position.

Last edited:
Speccy bawbag.

Only in Scotland could the fans and everything related to one club (us) be held to the highest standard and get nationwide (including parliamentary outrage) if we fail to meet it yet everyone else, including national newspapers and directors, get a free pass for the most outlandish of words and actions aimed against us.

Normally the FF sleuths would have got to the bottom of this by now. Strange how little seems to be known of the outcome of this case.

So it went the same way as Sturgeon's sister's case - made to just disappear down a rabbit hole for convenience sake?

I remember the Motherwell CEO (I think) arguing with bears on twitter in the summer about the walks etc and the usual bigot fan base pish.

You’d imagine some sort of vetting process would take place before these guys get into their position.
There is!!!!

I was told today by a family member of a St Mirren director, that he was asked to resign by the boards and wanted the full weekend to mull it over.
It’s hard to believe the difference in how the press are treating this , imagine for a moment Douglas park or a member of our board tweeting about wishing a bridge packed with Celtic fans collapsed or calling them 19th Century Terrorists repeatedly ? It would be front pages news for days

The double standards in this country are utterly appalling . It’s disgraceful and no wonder people who suffer anti Protestant bile feel they are on their own. It’s starting to look like our politicians just aren’t wanting to call out the use of the “ Hun “ slur for what it is.

I think we want him to try and justify or not his previous tweets about gers and their fans as the Chairman of an SPFL club - before claiming he's a victim. Many of our supporters don't get that right before being harassed.
Now we know his response - just believe him these words to friends and followers do not reflect his character. My opinion - a bigot and coward hoping like minded media and football authority's will ignore it all - probably work!

He made some of the posts only a few months ago. By saying he "created them in the past" is just an attempt to distance himself and make it seem they have been dragged up from years ago.
It doesn’t matter if it was a few years ago or a thousand years ago,he still made the comments,he should be sacked.

Easy to say it won't happen again but your vile hatred and of our club and your wish for thousands of folk to die crossing a bridge says all we need to know about you. You are a horrible, vile bigot who is a disgrace to scotland. But you are not alone in that gang of scum. Would it be wrong for folk to wish you a horrible death? I believe anyone with a Rangers connection would be getting a visit from sturgeons storm troopers if they publically made statement like yours. You must be honoured to be in charge of a like minded low level club like St mirren.

Why has he not been cited by the SFA yet?

Disciplinary Rule 73:

No recognised football body, club, official, Team Official or other member of Team Staff, player,
match official or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall in an interview, a ‘blog’ on the internet, on a social networking or microblogging site, or in any other manner calculated
or likely to lead to publicity, make comment(s) of a discriminatory or offensive nature based on, but not limited to, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability, or that endorse or
encourage foul play or violent Conduct or are otherwise offensive. There shall be a presumption
that any material published in such a manner was published in the name of and/or with the authority of the person or body bearing to have published the material.

Speccy bawbag.

Only in Scotland could the fans and everything related to one club (us) be held to the highest standard and get nationwide (including parliamentary outrage) if we fail to meet it yet everyone else, including national newspapers and directors, get a free pass for the most outlandish of words and actions aimed against us.
Don't worry, Scottish football's self appointed, self annointed, self-styled scourge of sectarianism, Bill Leckie, will be on the case tomorrow.

Just you wait and see.

Back