St Mirren fans unhappy at been moved despite the financial income it brings to the club

rangeral

I say boooooooooooooo!

Those affected have a discounted ticket for Sunday if bought before Friday's deadline We used to get a section of the West Stand but that holds their ultra section I think now

The decision-making process and outcome regarding the use of the Tony Fitzpatrick Family Stand for Celtic and Rangers matches is currently ongoing. However, for the upcoming game against Rangers on Sunday 24th October the Tony Fitzpatrick Family Stand and the North stand have been allocated to the away support. We understand there is frustration along with unanswered questions surrounding the use of the stand for away fans. Please be rest assured that discussions have been taking place at club and board level and with SMiSA members. We are trying to work to a reasonable solution that accommodates everyone, but at this time these conversations are ongoing.

John Needham, Chair of the Board, said: "I share the strength of feeling on this issue and have discussed options with my fellow Directors which would avoid the need for any of our fans to move from their seats for matches in future. The major hurdle is replacing the income generated which is in the region of £120K for the three guaranteed fixtures each season. However, my initial thinking has been well received and I am working on refining the proposals before consulting you, the fans, on whether you would support my idea."

They would rather seats were empty than given to Rangers fans.
It's just another example of how hated we are and how Scottish football is more interested in keeping that hate going than actually progressing.

They’d have absolutely no issues doing this for a European game (if they ever actually got into Europe).

Moving isn’t the issue. It’s who they are moving for that’s the issue.

Fans in Scottish football would rather see their club worse off and their stands empty than give us tickets.

The league that hates itself to death.

It's just another example of how hated we are and how Scottish football is more interested in keeping that hate going than actually progressing.
It is absolutely incredible how pervasive this attitude is amongst other clubs in Scotland. They would rather exclude Rangers fans than allow us to fund their clubs. F<ckin mentalists, every last one.

That £ they’re willing to give up is the difference of a player on £2.3k a week. I’d expect that to be a squad players wage at St Mirren

Do they really went their club to give that up because it’s Rangers? Stupid wee diddies

Maybe the pricks should be buying more tickets every week and when the OF come to their ground the club wouldn’t have to sell us as many tickets

They don’t buy them so club have to try and maximise their income

Arabia has a lot in common with Paisley
in Arabia the Moors come down from the Hills,
in Paisley………

One for the Older bears.
There used to be a similar saying down here.

Gala, full of hills and moors
Hawick’s full of mills and ……..

It may have been the other was around originally.

The Arrogance of the diddy clubs never ceases to amaze me. A philosophy built on a foundation of sand. Many of these clubs will go to the wall in the next couple of years.

I have to say, the uneven distribution of income kills competition and sport isnt worth watching without competition.

There's no point in complaining about how poor the league is when we're partly responsible. We need more competition.

They’d have absolutely no issues doing this for a European game (if they ever actually got into Europe).

Moving isn’t the issue. It’s who they are moving for that’s the issue.

Fans in Scottish football would rather see their club worse off and their stands empty than give us tickets.

The league that hates itself to death.
Hammarby. I know a couple of St Boooooo fans and one mention of the H word has them clamped!
I was actually at the game, my bro lived in Paisley at the time (early 80s). The Norwegian team bumped them out the UEfa cup in injury time.

When was the last time a "diddy" team won the league?
What are you classing as a 'diddy team' St Mirren?

Aberdeen 1954/55, 1979/80, 1983/84 & 1984/85
Dumbarton 1890/91* shared & 1891/92
Dundee 1961/62
Dundee United 1982/83
Hearts 1894/95, 1896/97 & 1959/60
Hibs 1902/03, 1947/48, 1950/51 & 1951/52
Kilmarnock 1964/65
Motherwell 1931/32
Third Lanark 1903/04

Those are the only teams since have that have won the League in Scotland outwith Rangers & Celtic

I have to say, the uneven distribution of income kills competition and sport isnt worth watching without competition.

There's no point in complaining about how poor the league is when we're partly responsible. We need more competition.
What uneven distribution of income? You get more prize money the further up the league you finish. Pretty sure every other league in Europe is the same. How should it work?

The tv deal is a shambles, but it's driven by 2 clubs, so they should get the lions share. Nobody is interested in st mirren vs livingston, that's not why Sky pay for Scottish football or what drives sponsorship and advertising.

Our turnover dwarves the rest of the teams in scotland bar one. We could forfeit our tv money and prize money to the rest of the clubs and it would hardly make a difference.

The majority of our "wealth" comes from season tickets and European money. Should we divvy some of it up between the rest?

The Arrogance of the diddy clubs never ceases to amaze me. A philosophy built on a foundation of sand. Many of these clubs will go to the wall in the next couple of years.
we've had mentions of Arabia, Sand, Foundation - mibbes it's all leading up to the Tony Fitzpatrick Family Stand becoming a desert? ;)

Hammarby. I know a couple of St Boooooo fans and one mention of the H word has them clamped!
I was actually at the game, my bro lived in Paisley at the time (early 80s). The Norwegian team bumped them out the UEfa cup in injury time.
I might have been at that game. My school were given free tickets for a few of their games and I went to a European game. Couldn’t remember who the opposition was though.

That £ they’re willing to give up is the difference of a player on £2.3k a week. I’d expect that to be a squad players wage at St Mirren

Do they really went their club to give that up because it’s Rangers? Stupid wee diddies
I would have thought that would be the top end of what they can pay?

Exactly what Fitzpatrick said yesterday. It’s a player for them. Would love to give us 200 tickets but the place would be empty.

Another example of Scottish football hating itself to death. St Boo fans are mental.

Will never understand these clubs, they gurn about the lack of money in Scottish football then pull stunts like this. Looks ridiculous when you see empty seats against Rangers or Celtic who could easily fill the place. We should have that whole stand at Aberdeen for example with the amount of empty seats elsewhere in the ground

Dundee 1961/62
Dundee United 1982/83
Kilmarnock 1964/65
Motherwell 1931/32
Third Lanark 1903/04

Those are the only teams since have that have won the League in Scotland outwith Rangers & Celtic
1st Class AL

Dundee 1961/62
Dundee United 1982/83
Kilmarnock 1964/65
Motherwell 1931/32
Third Lanark 1903/04

Dont you get it? They're all classed as "diddy" teams. Same as we are un Europe. Im sure you can figure out why.

Here's a wee clue from a post saying we stopped sharing gate receipts for league games. Apparently this stopped about 40 years ago. The last team to win the league in Scotland outwith the OF did this 36 years ago.

Back