St Mirren fans unhappy at been moved despite the financial income it brings to the club

What uneven distribution of income? You get more prize money the further up the league you finish. Pretty sure every other league in Europe is the same. How should it work?

The tv deal is a shambles, but it's driven by 2 clubs, so they should get the lions share. Nobody is interested in st mirren vs livingston, that's not why Sky pay for Scottish football or what drives sponsorship and advertising.

Our turnover dwarves the rest of the teams in scotland bar one. We could forfeit our tv money and prize money to the rest of the clubs and it would hardly make a difference.

The majority of our "wealth" comes from season tickets and European money. Should we divvy some of it up between the rest?

Do you enjoy watching the two horse race year after year? Do you enjoy playing on plastic pitches against 10 men defences? Do you enjoy watching teams wasting time right from the ko as they aim for a 0 0 draw? Do you think we'll be first to 10 in a row?

Sport isnt worth watching without competition and the current financial distortion in Scottish football can only lead to one outcome.

I don’t blame them. It’s their ground. It’s no different to the arguments we had about moving supporters or giving the Yahoos the Broomloan. Who wants their home game turned into an home fixture for the away team?

We already have one of the least competitive leagues in the world and its only going to get worse.
And that’s because of these stupid teams like st mirren and others that cut there nose to spite there face.
It’s been like this for a while and it won’t change.
If they die they die.

They’d have absolutely no issues doing this for a European game (if they ever actually got into Europe).

Moving isn’t the issue. It’s who they are moving for that’s the issue.

Fans in Scottish football would rather see their club worse off and their stands empty than give us tickets.

The league that hates itself to death.
Nailed it.

Maybe if they filled their stadium with their own fans they wouldn’t have to rely on our money. Why don’t the St Mirren fans start investing in their club and backing them financially by actually turning up to games.They can’t have it both ways, if they are disloyal and don’t attend games, then don’t whinge when your club need us and the Tims to help them balance the books.

Maybe if they filled their stadium with their own fans they wouldn’t have to rely on our money. Why don’t the St Mirren fans start investing in their club and backing them financially by actually turning up to games.They can’t have it both ways, if they are disloyal and don’t attend games, then don’t whinge when your club need us and the Tims to help them balance the books.

Why do you think they dont turn up?

What are you classing as a 'diddy team' St Mirren?

Aberdeen 1954/55, 1979/80, 1983/84 & 1984/85
Dumbarton 1890/91* shared & 1891/92
Dundee 1961/62
Dundee United 1982/83
Hearts 1894/95, 1896/97 & 1959/60
Hibs 1902/03, 1947/48, 1950/51 & 1951/52
Kilmarnock 1964/65
Motherwell 1931/32
Third Lanark 1903/04

Those are the only teams since have that have won the League in Scotland outwith Rangers & Celtic
That’s actually quite pathetic reading and never really realised that since the first ever ball was kicked in Scotland that no real ( third team ) has truly been established.

You do wonder if a team will break the Rangers ( scum ) dynasty in the next 20 years

That’s actually quite pathetic reading and never really realised that since the first ever ball was kicked in Scotland that no real ( third team ) has truly been established.

You do wonder if a team will break the Rangers ( scum ) dynasty in the next 20 years

Its not possible. The difference in income ensures that. That's the real problem with Scottish football that no alternative league organisation can fix. Our football is doomed but there's still far too many that dont recognise it yet.

Its not possible. The difference in income ensures that. That's the real problem with Scottish football that no alternative league organisation can fix. Our football is doomed but there's still far too many that dont recognise it yet.
I let my mind wander at times and an example was the weekend their with Newcastle, now they know they have 6/7 maybe 8 teams to get past to get where they need to be to break even and into the champions league however take say Hibs right now.

If you bought them and invested 30 million then would they challenge us? Could they create a legacy etc

So you are a glory hunter?

Me and 200,000 others though in my defence I came without a ticket and I was in Barcelona in 1972. It is hard though to travel around the world every week to see the Gers.

My point is fans wont turn up in huge numbers to watch their team lose every week.

I was maybe being a bit dramatic but we as fans have proved we don’t need any other teams to survive,not even old firm games.
Let's not kid ourselves, that was a special case of defiance. You might not be old enough to remember the early 80s but I am.

We were lucky to get over 20,000 for a lot of games, you could pay at the gate, we gave that lot a lot more than the broomloan and the ground was just over 40,000 back then and you could buy a ticket for Ibrox or the piggery on the day of the game.

Souness changed all that but you could still get tickets for Ibrox for most games easily.

If we hit a sustained bad patch the we may still be able to get 40k+ crowds but nowhere near 70,000. And it's the fact that us and them are getting these big crowds that leads to the diddy teams having low crowds.

I let my mind wander at times and an example was the weekend their with Newcastle, now they know they have 6/7 maybe 8 teams to get past to get where they need to be to break even and into the champions league however take say Hibs right now.

If you bought them and invested 30 million then would they challenge us? Could they create a legacy etc

No because they only get to keep their own gate money and that is way less than half of what we raise. Even if they won the league a few times the financial disparity means they just cant compete. Its a hopeless situation for everyone.

No because they only get to keep their own gate money and that is way less than half of what we raise. Even if they won the league a few times the financial disparity means they just cant compete. Its a hopeless situation for everyone.
Fair enough
I bet you are great chat in real life. :D

They are being moved to accommodate away fans, if course they are going to be unhappy. Fans of every home team being asked to move would. Not sure that's hard to comprehend.
this is real life lol

I just don’t have sympathy for arseholes

I bet you are great chat in real life. :D

They are being moved to accommodate away fans, if course they are going to be unhappy. Fans of every home team being asked to move would. Not sure that's hard to comprehend.

It is for some. Do they still teach comprehension in English classes?

Cutting their noses.I remember going to Love St for a cup game early 70s.Must have been about 30,000 there and 25,000 would have been Rangers fans.St Boo were quite happy to take the money then!

Yes I am.
Then you know that we haven't always had huge crowds then and there is nothing to suggest that we could sustain 70,000 crowds playing badly. We won 55, stopped their 10 and that kept people coming but if we repeat the bad years and hike the prices will as many keep turning up?

Do you enjoy watching the two horse race year after year? Do you enjoy playing on plastic pitches against 10 men defences? Do you enjoy watching teams wasting time right from the ko as they aim for a 0 0 draw? Do you think we'll be first to 10 in a row?

Sport isnt worth watching without competition and the current financial distortion in Scottish football can only lead to one outcome.
I really don't get what you are saying. Redistribute the wealth in Scottish football? There is no wealth.

Should we pool all our season ticket money and distribute it around clubs that can't fill a stand, never mind a stadium? Like a communist league of sorts? Give them a cut of European prize money? Gate receipts? I really don't know what you are getting at.

It's an internet messageboard... :D

Nobody needs to have sympathy, just acknowledging that they have a case as to why they are unhappy.
They don’t have a case though? They have a season ticket that grants them a seat! If they have to move for financial reason, Covid reasons etc then it is tough shite!

Also this is a family board

I really don't get what you are saying. Redistribute the wealth in Scottish football? There is no wealth.

Should we pool all our season ticket money and distribute it around clubs that can't fill a stand, never mind a stadium? Like a communist league of sorts? Give them a cut of European prize money? Gate receipts? I really don't know what you are getting at.
What he is saying is that if we want the league to be competitive then yes we would have to as that was when other teams managed to win the league but in part it would also drag us down to their level so makes us less competitive in Europe.

They don’t have a case though? They have a season ticket that grants them a seat! If they have to move for financial reason, Covid reasons etc then it is tough shite!

We have a stand at accy Stanley where season ticket holders are moved when big clubs like Wigan, Bolton, Sunderland and Sheffield Wednesday come. It's a fact of life at that level and is accepted.

Same as our fans that had to move to accommodate Celtic?

Not a very sympathetic way to view fellow fans having to move to accommodate away fans, imo.

A family board? :D

Last edited:
Have you forgot when we were in the lower divisions or does that not count because it doesn’t fit in with your agenda?
That fits it exactly, we were put down so defiance kicked in and we showed them that we would not be beaten.

Back