St Mirren fans unhappy at been moved despite the financial income it brings to the club

I know some 'buddies' and they are always angry about something.

I'm sure the UBs could think of a good banner to take into our end in the spirit of wind-uppery.

What are you classing as a 'diddy team' St Mirren?

Aberdeen 1954/55, 1979/80, 1983/84 & 1984/85
Dumbarton 1890/91* shared & 1891/92
Dundee 1961/62
Dundee United 1982/83
Hearts 1894/95, 1896/97 & 1959/60
Hibs 1902/03, 1947/48, 1950/51 & 1951/52
Kilmarnock 1964/65
Motherwell 1931/32
Third Lanark 1903/04

Those are the only teams since have that have won the League in Scotland outwith Rangers & Celtic
57/58 for Hearts as well.

I was intrigued to find out who Tony Fitzpatrick is or was... Just some random jobber who happened to play for them more than anyone else. Ah well.

Tims without the bus fare.....

Mid - late 80's a lot of the younger St Mirren support came from the town's BB companies and also the Guides. Gallowhill in particular was a big St Mirren area and a lot had ties to the Wallneuk Church.

I'm a bit gutted by the way that support has went tbh.

I read on their grounds webpage they charge their own fans £22 a ticket yet we are getting hit with £27 a ticket. And they have the cheek to complain.

For the super rich leagues CL money isnt that important. In "diddy" leagues like ours it totally distorts and kills competition. If Celtic had qualified most years when we were missing they'd be so far ahead they'd dominate for decades. How is that good?

Id like to see CL money shared with other teams as well as gate receipts, prize money and sponsorships. Most of the money we bring in doesnt benefit Scottish football. It goes right back out on luxury cars, penthouses, designer clothes and diamond rings for "burds".
Shut up you banger! So we pull in 50,000 fans a week, spend all our money on tops etc to get 1/12 of the money… give it a rest and go to bed.

You get fans in the door and you keep them. You tell me the experience of going to your first st mirren is anywhere near going to a rangers game. A team looking to win or a team hoping to nick something.

Mid - late 80's a lot of the younger St Mirren support came from the town's BB companies and also the Guides. Gallowhill in particular was a big St Mirren area and a lot had ties to the Wallneuk Church.

I'm a bit gutted by the way that support has went tbh.

Gallowhill ,Seedhill and Glenburn have ‘traditionally’ been the Stauncher areas of Paisley.

Hunterhill , Lochfield were the St Mirren strongholds

Foxbar was a bit Timmy but not so bad since they knocked down ‘The Rivers’ and the less said about Feegie the better.

I’d be raging if Rangers moved me to accommodate away supporters but the simple answer is if they sold their tickets themselves they wouldn’t have this problem! Their stadium is about a third of the size of the old Love Street! Don’t blame the board. Blame the St Mirren support who don’t bother their arses going to games

Will never understand these clubs, they gurn about the lack of money in Scottish football then pull stunts like this. Looks ridiculous when you see empty seats against Rangers or Celtic who could easily fill the place. We should have that whole stand at Aberdeen for example with the amount of empty seats elsewhere in the ground
Aberdeen ticket policy is ludicrous. I met several tourists up there once who couldn't get in because they hadn't previously bought a ticket for a diddy game. Yet there were thousands of empty seats at the game. Same thing happens at Dens Park.

Shut up you banger! So we pull in 50,000 fans a week, spend all our money on tops etc to get 1/12 of the money… give it a rest and go to bed.

You get fans in the door and you keep them. You tell me the experience of going to your first st mirren is anywhere near going to a rangers game. A team looking to win or a team hoping to nick something.

Oh dear. Did your mum type that for you?

It's the most short-sighted approach by fans and football clubs. I remember going through a spell trying to get tickets for away games and failing for a few of them (St Johnstone, Partick Thistle and Arbroath to name a few). When I turn the TV on to watch the game there are swathes of empty seats.

I'm sitting at home with £20 in my pocket willing to give it to these smaller clubs but they'd rather teach big, bad Rangers a lesson.

Cutting off their nose to spite their face.

So they get a full attendance against Ross county etc? Behave… they don’t ever get a full attendance because they are terrible to watch

Dont be stupid. They wont get a full attendance until they can win the league.

FF should make posters sit an IQ test before joining.

Dont be stupid. They wont get a full attendance until they can win the league.

FF should make posters sit an IQ test before joining.
So you only get a full attendance when you challenge for the league? What about us circa 20-12 to 2017? Draw a line from ur forehead to your chin because you’re talking the biggest load of crap I have ever heard

Football is about entertainment. The spectacle is nothing without fans. As a sport every club should be trying to fill every seat every week.

No fan that wants to go to a game should be shut out unless the stadium is full.

What other entertainment industry turns paying customers away.

Their shitey wee stadium sums up Paisley to the core and just like the River Cart they’re all humming of shite.

Better give the stand a deep clean before allowing us in.

So you only get a full attendance when you challenge for the league? What about us circa 20-12 to 2017? Draw a line from ur forehead to your chin because you’re talking the biggest load of crap I have ever heard

As I suspected. Clueless.

Do you enjoy watching the two horse race year after year? Do you enjoy playing on plastic pitches against 10 men defences? Do you enjoy watching teams wasting time right from the ko as they aim for a 0 0 draw? Do you think we'll be first to 10 in a row?

Sport isnt worth watching without competition and the current financial distortion in Scottish football can only lead to one outcome.
Yes but UEFA have created a monster when they invented the champions league. They have virtually turned every league in the world into 1 or2 horse races. The riches of the champions league just makes the rich clubs richer and widens the gap between rich and poor. Celtic should have been light years away from us with the free run they have had at the champions league riches over the last 9 years. It is exactly the same in Holland with Ajax. Even the mighty Feynoord and PSV struggle to compete with them these days. The Premier League is the exeption to the rule as it has become a playground for the rich.

Yes but UEFA have created a monster when they invented the champions league. They have virtually turned every league in the world into 1 or2 horse races. The riches of the champions league just makes the rich clubs richer and widens the gap between rich and poor. Celtic should have been light years away from us with the free run they have had at the champions league riches over the last 9 years. It is exactly the same in Holland with Ajax. Even the mighty Feynoord and PSV struggle to compete with them these days. The Premier League is the exeption to the rule as it has become a playground for the rich.

Good post. I agree though one thing I think is different between our league and the richest ones in Spain, England, Germany etc is the money from CL doesnt make such a big difference to them but to us its massive. £40 million in Scotland would buy every team. That alone kills any chance of our league being competitive.

Back