St mirren/Kilmarnock appeal

You do realise that being furloughed doesn't have a time limit? If they have furloughed any of the players in the squad on Monday, that doesn't mean they are in it until the end of the season, they could be taken off that scheme at any time if work becomes available for them.

IF they have more positive cases or a need for self isolation before their game tomorrow it will likely be postponed. IF they don't, its game on.

Im leaving it there, not spending more time on the definition of IF.
Have a look at my original post #135. The first sentence is "If they have one or two more positives and a few more isolating, the game will be cancelled."

In your last post #150 you state, "IF they have more positive cases or a need for self isolation before their game tomorrow it will likely be postponed."

What is the difference? You are agreeing with me, yet you have somehow managed to go off at a tangent and appear to be arguing with yourself.

Let's just leave it at that.

Have a look at my original post #135. The first sentence is "If they have one or two more positives and a few more isolating, the game will be cancelled."

In your last post #150 you state, "IF they have more positive cases or a need for self isolation before their game tomorrow it will likely be postponed."

What is the difference? You are agreeing with me, yet you have somehow managed to go off at a tangent and appear to be arguing with yourself.

Let's just leave it at that.
And if you read my original post, it was in reply to a poster who was suggesting their game may be cancelled by the SPFL with no change to their current covid situation.

Im fully aware of my own point and of your hypothetical situations.

The SPFL approved postponing of the fixture requested by Kilmarnock.

The request was made because the Health Board advised all players should be isolating.

I am pretty sure had Kilmarnock been refused the request they would have had enough players who tested negative to fulfil the fixture, and who knows received a Government fine instead.

Hibs were instructed they had to play the other night or would forfeit the match when they asked for Celtic to be tested before the match. Kilmarnock weren’t given that ultimatum the League agreed to postpone the fixture, not because they didn’t have a team but because of Health Board advice.
Aye but was it not from the investigation it found that the pre-match meal was the cause of the COVID outbreak and that's why they had to forfeit the game? They definitely cancelled one of their cup games due to not wanting to play youths because they played the next game with some youths against Dunfermline and got beat.

Kilmarnock added the only way to play against Falkirk was to field their under-18 side, which they were unwilling to do.

"We have a duty of care for the physical and emotional wellbeing of our young players and that's something we take extremely seriously," manager Alex Dyer said.

"While forfeiting the match is not an easy decision to make in my opinion, it would not be right to play the game as scheduled against such experienced opposition as it could be detrimental not only to the young players themselves but also to the sporting integrity of the competition."

Last edited:
Aye but was it not from the investigation it found that the pre-match meal was the cause of the COVID outbreak and that's why they had to forfeit the game? They definitely cancelled one of their cup games due to not wanting to play youths because they played the next game with some youths against Dunfermline and got beat.
they should recieve the original punishment

It is well known down here that Killie players were drinking in a pub which was the super spreader in the area.

They were also at a golf day out the same weekend

If they have one or two more positives and a few more isolating, the game will be cancelled.

Remember they also had a few U-18's on the bench on Monday who have presumably just been placed on Furlough.

Given the timing, it wouldn't surprise me if placing the U-18's on Furlough was a deliberate act, done not only in order to save money, but more importantly, done to use as an excuse of not having a sufficient amount of players available to face Livi, should the need arise.

If you look close enough, everything they do usually has an ulterior motive hidden away somewhere.
There is such a thing as "flexible furlough",where an employee can remain on furlough but still carry out work for their employer...i am in this category at present.

If they have one or two more positives and a few more isolating, the game will be cancelled.

Remember they also had a few U-18's on the bench on Monday who have presumably just been placed on Furlough.

Given the timing, it wouldn't surprise me if placing the U-18's on Furlough was a deliberate act, done not only in order to save money, but more importantly, done to use as an excuse of not having a sufficient amount of players available to face Livi, should the need arise.

If you look close enough, everything they do usually has an ulterior motive hidden away somewhere.

I would love it if their next PR disaster is putting under-18’s who are on furlough on the bench for the Livi game. On one hand I don’t think they would be that stupid, but part of me thinks they are arrogant enough just to do it thinking they’ll get away with it.

Never thought about them using furlough as an excuse not to rearrange fixtures. That’s exceptionally devious...

Pie and Bovril on Twitter (St Mirren fan) is suggesting things have went favourably for them.

He has posted a GIF of Tony Soprano smoking a cigar captioned with "Killie/St Mirren fans shortly.

Kilmarnock added the only way to play against Falkirk was to field their under-18 side, which they were unwilling to do.

"We have a duty of care for the physical and emotional wellbeing of our young players and that's something we take extremely seriously," manager Alex Dyer said.

"While forfeiting the match is not an easy decision to make in my opinion, it would not be right to play the game as scheduled against such experienced opposition as it could be detrimental not only to the young players themselves but also to the sporting integrity of the competition."

I wouldn’t get all raging about the games getting played bk,

Points are won on the park, leagues are won playing all the games.

I for one am glad, we have been outstanding this season don’t want anything to take away from our achievement when the league flag finally comes home.

Will we now see celtic and the scotshit international team get fines now for breaking covid rules after the SC final and the qualifying game. Safe to say now that they;ve overturned the forfeiting of games it'll be safe to charge and fine them

Back