St Mirren on saturday

Every home game in the league, taken individually, is a must win for us and they are all absolutely games we should be winning. Hopefully a routine one this weekend with no injuries.

That being said, they are going well(relatively speaking) and it's probably not as straightforward as a home game with St Mirren generally is. The big striker being suspended is a plus.

OP makes a perfectly valid point, but it seems every fukn thread needs to be turned into a negative, with snide comments on every other post. Not like there aren't enough threads which are negative to start with, so plenty of of opportunity to enter the 'who can spout the most vitriolic abuse at management, players and staff' competition. No need to infiltrate every other thread though.

McGregor

Tav
Goldson
Davies
Barisic

Jack
Kamara

Kent
Tillman
Matondo

Colak

2-0

We need to be up for it ??

It’s St Mirren at home , we should be pumping the dross that is the spl

celtic couldn't.

Of course we should be beating St Mirren, but as the OP said, the attitude has to be right, just like it was at Tynecastle last week.

We better go for the jugular right from the off.

I'd go for

McGregor
Tav
Goldson
Davies
Yilmaz
Jack
Arfield
McCann
Sakala
Matondo
Colak

at this moment in time i have very little enthusiasm for saturdays game, lately i have been having to gee myself up to head to the match, and if I'm being honest when I'm in Ibrox i am counting down the minutes until 4.45 when i can get out of there,meet my mates and get along to the viceroy,i hate myself for feeling this way but this is where i find myself lately, in years gone by i would have been champing at the bit on a monday morning about the forth coming saturday game coming up, like i said its a situation i could never have envisaged myself being in when into my middle age,

We better go for the jugular right from the off.

I'd go for

McGregor
Tav
Goldson
Davies
Yilmaz
Jack
Arfield
McCann
Sakala
Matondo
Colak

Don't think there's any chance of McCann starting mate, as he dropped out the game for long periods against bottom of the league Dundee United.

Our midfield seemed to work well enough against Hearts, last week.
Lundstram was poor on Tuesday, but he's still levels above McCann.

OP makes a perfectly valid point, but it seems every fukn thread needs to be turned into a negative, with snide comments on every other post. Not like there aren't enough threads which are negative to start with, so plenty of of opportunity to enter the 'who can spout the most vitriolic abuse at management, players and staff' competition. No need to infiltrate every other thread though.
weird take. Have a look at the thread so far. A couple of comments about defensive mids, and the fact we're tedious to watch.

you've got a very low bar for "vitriolic abuse".

weird take. Have a look at the thread so far. A couple of comments about defensive mids, and the fact we're tedious to watch.

you've got a very low bar for "vitriolic abuse".
I said there were snide comments on this thread and that there were plenty others for venting vitriolic abuse. And if you were to take a glance through umpteen comments on umpteen threads, you'd see it's not a low bar. I'm fine with constructive criticism, or venting frustration and disappointment, but I find it sad to see so much nasty, vindictive, personal and yes, vitriolic abuse against Rangers players and staff, on a Rangers forum. But that's just me. Everyone to their own.

The only time in recent(ish) history I can remember us stringing five or six superb performances together in the league was under Walter one December when we scored about twenty five goals across six games. Of course injuries and suspensions took over the days leading up to the next game at Parkhead and we went back to one in three whilst grinding out results.

I think a wee bit of balance is needed here. Celtic have two types of game, an easy win or a total grind in which they look like they could drop points. For us it is a total grind most weeks but we come out on top in nearly all of them. It isn't pretty but we are well in touch at the top and still have a slim chance of progressing to the Europa League. Also still in both domestic cups.

I don't enjoy watching the bulk of our games as the football is dreary mostly but we are still an effective team in Scotland. Like the team, we as fans don't respond well to set backs. We've shat the bed by doom mongering after the hiding at Parkhead. I was horrified by the performance then too but the fall out is still going on over a month later when we've won every league game since. Stoicism needed from players to the fans!

I said there were snide comments on this thread and that there were plenty others for venting vitriolic abuse. And if you were to take a glance through umpteen comments on umpteen threads, you'd see it's not a low bar. I'm fine with constructive criticism, or venting frustration and disappointment, but I find it sad to see so much nasty, vindictive, personal and yes, vitriolic abuse against Rangers players and staff, on a Rangers forum. But that's just me. Everyone to their own.

Ignore button is your friend, mate.

Use it to eliminate the lunatic fringe, who love a knee jerk raging reaction to everything, even when there's nothing to get raging about and it becomes a bit more tolerable.

I’d play James Sands in midfield on Saturday , he seems to have fallen out of favour !!!

Greegs

Tav
Goldson
Davies
Borna

Sands
Kamaradona
Arfield

Sakala
Colak
Matundo

Give Kent & Lundstram some food for thought

perfect chance for the players to bounce back after the disappointment of Tuesday night. Out of the traps fast and get the game won first half. Front three Sakala, Colak, Matondo.

We need to be up for it ??

It’s St Mirren at home , we should be pumping the dross that is the spl
Correct but we sadly can't say we will with certainty .

Unless we get a rare early goal the format of much of our spl games in the last 18 months will apply probably in a slim lead and watching thru our fingers for the last 15 mins ... unless gio changes his tactics from kick off and runs over them .

Our fixtures before the WC are quite decent.

We need to start going for the throat in these games. Convincing wins and make a dent in the goal difference.

We should be slaughtering St. Mirren. Of course Gio will go for the terrified of them option and be as defensive as possible - chasing the zero whilst absolutely struggling to do it.

Even after a Euro game where we are quite slow out the traps, we should still be able to beat St. Mirren, regardless of their form. A big game though.

Mcgregor

Tav
Goldson
Davies
Yilmaz

Lundstrum
Arfield
Tillman

Sakala
Colak
Matondo

Getbat them high,fast and be RELENTLESS
Tillman would be nowhere near the team from the start until he starts showing the right attitude and application. Play McCann with Arfield further forward.

I don't think it matters what team the manager chooses, it's a question of the players mentality and attitude, they've seemed detached a bit when playing these type teams

Back