St Mirren pen appeal?

It could’ve been a penalty if VAR was in place. Not as much as a stonewaller as other teams have had recently but the guys shirt was being pulled and brought down stopping him going for the header, definitely a shout.

If it was a shout for the scum we would’ve heard about it 13 times on sportscene, could’ve been given.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Was a good claim but St Boo should have scored anyway. Bain just dived in hope and had no idea where the ball was going.

Just seen the highlights. Curtis Main missed a glorious one on one chance, ridiculous attempt at goal.

Neck on the line here, and I'm normally biased as %^*&, but I don't think that's a pen.

Edit: Kudos again to @Edweird for supplying the footage.
Yup me too but Ive seen penalties given for the wresting and pulling which there was plenty of Remember Clancy awarding a penalty against Katie when they were all doing it thats the difference it never happens to them.

It’s not a penalty.

Unless Kevin Clancy is refereeing and it’s a green and grey hooped attacker who falls mysteriously of course. That decision still baffles me to this day.

The 1 with St Mirrens number 44 is not a pen, in fact the ref could have blown up for a free kick and booked him for diving.

The 1 on the St Mirren number 4 is a pen as the celtic player still has a hold of his shirt as the player attempts to head the ball.

He wriggled free and square headered it into guy on line instead of the goal

A still can always be deceiving but this looks like the St.Boo player‘s movement is being restricted.
Edit: Just saw the film.
Could have been given but, just as easily, the St. Boo number ten could have been been penalised for foul against the keeper.

The 1 with St Mirrens number 44 is not a pen, in fact the ref could have blown up for a free kick and booked him for diving.

The 1 on the St Mirren number 4 is a pen as the celtic player still has a hold of his shirt as the player attempts to head the ball.
If it was the wee japanese it would have been a penalty and a red card.

It was a free kick to the rats imo the st boo player collides with Bain and normally the keeper gets the benefit. Not a penalty for me and nothing like the stonewallers they have avoided this season.

Seen saints could have had a pen tonight any footage
I watched the whole match and saw nothing that stood out. Jostling and holding at corners is almost routine- if the ref gave a penalty every time it happened, most matches would end up 6 -6 !! (I’m not saying it’s right but it is what it is).
We really do need to guard against looking for conspiracies behind EVERY tree - we’ll start to sound like them.

At the corner in the clip above there was a worse pull by a player in the middle of the goal. Two clear pulls.

if Jersey pulling is a definite penalty ( see the Post Clancy mhedia comment), then it’s a Penalty.
For me it was two guys pushing each other, but in the modern game, according to the experts, it’s a P.K.

Penalty all day long.

Shirt pulling in the box when the ball is in play is a penalty.

Another game another decision in Celtic’s favour.

How many is that now that should have been given against them ?

Ramp up the pressure

Back