St. Mirren "penalty claim"?

TN8

Anybody got any clips of this? Didn't watch Sportscene last night but heard their completely impartial panelists Shaun Maloney and Craig Gordon :rolleyes: were whimpering on about it. I watched the whole game and don't have a clue what incident they're referring to.

Anybody got any clips of this? Didn't watch Sportscene last night but heard their completely impartial panelists Shaun Maloney and Craig Gordon :rolleyes: were whimpering on about it. I watched the whole game and don't have a clue what incident they're referring to.
It should have been a pen it was inside the box Kamara as usual causing mayhem in dangerous areas

Looked pretty clumsy from Kamara in all honesty, especially given the player was with his back to goal going the opposite direction.

probably was a penalty, just.

Thought it was a penalty in real time to be honest and looking at the replays, we got away with that one.

No surprise that Laurel and Hardy would be greeting about it on Sportscene

Oh so they should've had one then? Did they claim for it? F*ck knows what I was doing at the time then, don't remember it.

If it's true then it's very pleasing - no doubt it'll add to the mentally challenged rage this morning!

Can’t believe some of these ex players don’t take up refereeing,It’s obvious they would be great at it they are never wrong.

Should've been a pen tbh mate.

Was just inside the box.

Yeah that free kick, the ball was outside the box he had his back to goal with one foot outside and one foot inside..........they 2 fools said it was a pen.
If his foot was on the line or in the box it’s a penalty.Doesn’t matter if he was facing away from goal or where the ball was.I thought it was penalty at the time.

Yeah that free kick, the ball was outside the box he had his back to goal with one foot outside and one foot inside..........they 2 fools said it was a pen.
So, a penalty then?

From first view I felt it was outside the box but replays showed they had a case. Referee and assistant were not in line with the incident so the award of a free kick is entirely understandable.

Had that decision been awarded to us this place would have been in meltdown.

I thought penalty.

He went down easy but that's all part and parcel of the game.

Looking back the referee should have given the penalty.

Who's to say they would have scored anyway. We had super Jon McLaughin in goals, the guys the shut out king at the moment.

Yeah his back leg was inside our box but I’m glad he never got the decision as the boy went out his way to make sure the contact happened

kamara was slightly niave

Genuine question here but if the rule is if the contact starts outside the box but finishes inside the box its a penalty then is it the same if it starts inside the box but finishes outside meaning its a free kick

Should've been a pen tbh mate.

Was just inside the box.

Excellent news! Got a meeting with one of them tomorrow.

"See that big Jullien, what a diddy eh? Seems to struggle against strong players eh? Heard yous should've had a throw in before Killie got their penalty though. Aye, terrible that. And St. Mirren should've had a penalty against us as well. Stonewaller mate. Ach well."

Blue tinted glasses steamed up

It was a penalty, but even Sportscene admitted that it was impossible for the ref to see in the split second he had available.

It should have been a penalty. His foot (which was fouled) was in the box.

Quite stunning the amount of people who watch football regularly and have no idea of the actual laws of the game.

Like the guy behind me who regularly shouts for off-side at throw ins and goal kicks.

Should have been a pen tbh but ref wasn’t in a great position to see it and Douglas Ross was never giving a pen against us whilst he was running the line wearing his Union Jack boxers. He was best placed to see it.
He got a great view from the Bill Struth side he was patrolling...

The guy was outside the box and when he saw kamara charging into the back of him he stuck his back foot out behind him inside the box.

I would need to see it again but if I recall correctly, the actual point of contact was outside the box.

Technically a penalty but very hard for the ref to spot

The Saints player‘s standing foot was on the turf outside the area but the other foot touched the turf inside the box as he went down outside the area under Kamara’s challenge. Not dissimilar to Lewis Ferguson’s foul on Morelos at Pittodrie last December. But in that one both of Alfie’s feet were in the box but he landed outside.

The guy was outside the box and when he saw kamara charging into the back of him he stuck his back foot out behind him inside the box.

I would need to see it again but if I recall correctly, the actual point of contact was outside the box.

Technically a penalty but very hard for the ref to spot
If the point of contact is outside the box then its a free kick.

If it was the foot inside the box that the contact was on then its a penalty.

if that was a pen, then the one at Aberdeen was a stonewaller. i thought neither were penalties really. the St Mirren boy put his foot to where kamara was. The idea that any contact in the box is a penalty seems to be prominent these days. its not basketball. Kamara wasnt making any attempt to tackle him. he has to stand somewhere

It was a difficult one to get right at full speed for a referee - the majority of his body was outside, so you can see why the referee went that way and not the other.

Genuinely don't think its a big problem though, we clearly had further gears we could stroll through, had it been given, and then scored, I full expect we would still have won without issue.

Put his leg out (and foot into the box) to draw contact. His foot was inside but contact seemed to be with his calf and may or may not have been inside. Either way it looked a penalty - soft and he was definitely looking for it but a penalty all the same.

To be fair to the pundits they mentioned it, stated that they thought it was a penalty, and then moved on without making a big deal of it.

Same with the Kilmarnock penalty where the bheggars were claiming the ball had went out in the build up - they showed it, suggested that from the camera angle shown it was inconclusive whether it went out or not, and then moved on.

As a panel they were pretty dull but didn't make a big issue of events that others would be screaming about.

Dont normally watch these days but enticed in by yesterdays results - hopefully there will be more days like yesterday over the course of the season.

Was a pentalty for me. If that was us we would be up in arms about it but they will tell us it evens it self out in the course of a season. So for once let another team take it on the chin and move on.

It probably should have been a penalty as it was on the line but i thought it was a soft foul. It just shows how vulnerable we can be by not killing teams off.

Back