St. Mirren "penalty claim"?

Technically it was a penalty but the type of thing refs miss if the player falls outside the box.

In real time it looked a free kick but watching the replay it looked a penalty. If it was at the other end I would be disappointed but not angry because it wasn’t a blatant penalty.

Were we not supposed to be using VAR up here this season?

Take it that idea has been rammed

If the ref wasnt 100% sure, then its no penalty. Fair enough. Maybe the absence of a baying crowd takes the pressure off them.

The challenge certainly didnt merit a free shot at goal.

Bet they never said that about candeias when we got 4 pens.

or mentioned all the holding that went on when we had a corner.

tough to spot for the ref but pen it should’ve been

We've had penalties given against us for fouls that were yards outside the box in recent seasons. I'm happy for these things to start evening themselves out now.

Haven’t watched it back but while watching the game I thought the ref called it right – the guy was outside the box. Nice wee surprise if he actually wasn’t.

Gordon said , he's foot was 'almost on the line' and had gone on on to say it should have been a pen.

If it was almost on the line, that means it wasn't on the line

I'm looking forward to seeing that sketch at Hogmanay on OAE

Saw it again this morning and it looked inside the box.

Just goes to show how important getting that second goal is, that was their first attack and it could easily have been 1-1 which gives them a big lift

Haven’t watched it back but while watching the game I thought the ref called it right – the guy was outside the box. Nice wee surprise if he actually wasn’t.
Just watched the highlights. He and the ball were outside the box but he stuck his right leg out and into the box. Right decision from the ref.

aye I saw it very briefly, I meant is there a link we can see it now
Thats the thing for me.
Two ex tims and a St.Boo supporter all saying it was a penalty but no frame by frame analysis?
I reckon it’d have been done to death if it had been as clear cut as some are suggesting.

I'll need to watch it again, didn't even think it was a foul. It looked to me as if the boy put his foot out at Kamara and bought one.

Excellent news! Got a meeting with one of them tomorrow.

"See that big Jullien, what a diddy eh? Seems to struggle against strong players eh? Heard yous should've had a throw in before Killie got their penalty though. Aye, terrible that. And St. Mirren should've had a penalty against us as well. Stonewaller mate. Ach well."
I would love to see the response.

I mind seeing it and thinking it was a bit of a soft free kick but that it was dangerously close to being inside the box... how often in instances like that does the referee take the easy option when they aren't sure where it happened and award a free kick? It happens constantly in football.

The fact this is being discussed by Sky when they completely blanked the Hamilton fullback being wiped out at Celtic's 1st goal last weekend tells you all you need to know what we're up against this season.

Looks likely to have been a penalty.

The two Celtic pundits on Sportscene reckoned it was but also stated it was a hard one for the ref to call. No real complaints.

They never overly discussed French Boyd hitting the Killy player in face rite enuf which leads me to think he should have been carded for it.

Oh so they should've had one then? Did they claim for it? F*ck knows what I was doing at the time then, don't remember it.

If it's true then it's very pleasing - no doubt it'll add to the mentally challenged rage this morning!

Correct...just think of all the ones WE don't get or won't get
I

Oh so they should've had one then? Did they claim for it? F*ck knows what I was doing at the time then, don't remember it.

If it's true then it's very pleasing - no doubt it'll add to the mentally challenged rage this morning!

correct , just think of all the ones WE dont get or won't get

It was a penalty. Contact was inside. But in real time was a hard one for the ref to call.

Yes it probably was a penalty, but it would have had zero impact on the game.
Things like this and their bitching about wrong doing when the fact is that they get far more of the rub of the green on decisions means that VAR is essential.

It's hard to tell from the players initial take & what if any contact/momentum from Kamara had in that moment as it all happened within a couple of seconds .

It been too easy for a player to turn on a sixpence then hit the deck knowing his turn & shielding of the ball will draw an opposition player in only a conclusive slo mo Replay would define what if any award is due such was the speed of that encounter.

We a right to criticize the refs when we get a duff decision against us. So we have to be consistent this one for St Mirren was a pen ,soft but was one. Started from a poor clearance by Borna and Kamara bundled into the player who was clever.

VAR would have 100% gave a penalty. If the referees were that corrupt against us that was the easiest opportunity out to give St Mirren a penalty. The reality is their just not very good.

The build up to it came from a throw in that was awarded to St. Mirren. But was clearly a bad decision. It could have been a penalty but would have been soft.

It was not a penalty, the contact (foul) was outside the box. The St Mirren player managed to put one foot inside box, that's not where the foul takes place

Back