St. Mirren "penalty claim"?

I've just watched it back a couple of times there – was the contact actually on his foot? It's really tough to make out but it looks like the guy plants his foot inside but the actual contact that knocks him over is Kamara's waist which would be outside the box.

Maybe there are some different angles that show it more clearly, but from the one I've seen, I don't think it's as cut and dry as some are saying here.

VAR would have 100% gave a penalty. If the referees were that corrupt against us that was the easiest opportunity out to give St Mirren a penalty. The reality is their just not very good.

Not seen it myself il take your word for it that its a clear penalty as you are always objective and call it honestly.

This incident proves without a doubt, for an absolute fact, there is no cheating or bias in refereeing and that Madden and Clancy just makes lots of mistakes cos they are hopeless.

Excellent news! Got a meeting with one of them tomorrow.

"See that big Jullien, what a diddy eh? Seems to struggle against strong players eh? Heard yous should've had a throw in before Killie got their penalty though. Aye, terrible that. And St. Mirren should've had a penalty against us as well. Stonewaller mate. Ach well."

As someone has posted above, please don't forget to casually mention that the Leader of the Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party was running the line at our game.

I don't know if it was on his side of the pitch but why let that get in the way of a mentally challenged meltdown.

They certainly don't bother about being less than truthful.

Reactions: TN8
I hope it was a penalty and I hope St Johnstone get denied one on Wednesday too while the scum drop more points.

They are paranoid lunatics anyway, so that might tip a few over the edge. Or over the Erskine Bridge!

Not seen it myself il take your word for it that its a clear penalty as you are always objective and call it honestly.

This incident proves without a doubt, for an absolute fact, there is no cheating or bias in refereeing and that Madden and Clancy just makes lots of mistakes cos they are hopeless.
pish don't give the vile there on the prog oxygen
are u having a laugh shit refs but anti Ranger definitely

The referees are either corrupt and out to get us or their not. We can't have it both ways. I can see why the referee gave a freekick but if we had VAR I have no doubt the decision would have been a penalty.

If the referees were as corrupt as people make out on here then he legitimately couldn't have had a better opportunity to award them a penalty and technically he would have been correct to do so.

On the flip side you will have mentally challengeds suggesting he's corrupt towards us.. he isn't he's just not a good referee and on this occasion I don't think the decision was that obvious.

No doubt the ref is a mason too, grand master maybe, I really hope St Mirren get a penalty against them next week, the implosion will be tremendous, then again reading how bad their defence is they may not get near any St Mirren forwards

The st Mirren player actually dives for that foul watch it again he doesn’t run naturally he puts his leg back to make contact it should’ve been a foul to us and a yellow for cheating.

Anybody got any clips of this? Didn't watch Sportscene last night but heard their completely impartial panelists Shaun Maloney and Craig Gordon :rolleyes: were whimpering on about it. I watched the whole game and don't have a clue what incident they're referring to.

I thought it should have been a pen.

A bit like the Morelos one, that was missed by the ref, vs Aberdeen last December.

It should have been a pen it was inside the box Kamara as usual causing mayhem in dangerous areas
bit of an overreaction there is it not kamara was not as usual causing mayhem in dangerous areas :rolleyes:
what he did do was give a foul at the edge of the box as that happens in games it just so happens the players foot was just inside the box justifying their claim for a penalty

The referees are either corrupt and out to get us or their not. We can't have it both ways. I can see why the referee gave a freekick but if we had VAR I have no doubt the decision would have been a penalty.

If the referees were as corrupt as people make out on here then he legitimately couldn't have had a better opportunity to award them a penalty and technically he would have been correct to do so.

On the flip side you will have mentally challengeds suggesting he's corrupt towards us.. he isn't he's just not a good referee and on this occasion I don't think the decision was that obvious.
It is of course possible that he is both corrupt and not very good and, if so, it's possible with him not being very good that he missed the opportunity to give St Mirren a helping hand ;)

For what it's worth I didn't think it was a penalty at the time then having watched the replay several times was coming round to the fact that it was indeed a penalty but a soft one.

Another few replays, having seen others opinions, I'm now convinced that the contact was more upper body as opposed to foot and his upper body is outside the box so no penalty - referee has, in fact, got it right and deserves credit.

Anyone got a picture of it?
I seen it real time, and the replay and never gave it two thoughts, I thought it was a very soft freekick call, never entered my mind that it was a penalty.

i haven't seen sportscene, did they say anything about how morelos should have had a pen at the sheep last week?

they are going to need and take all the help they can get this season from clowns like gordon, hartson etc etc

So why have you waited untl 1 decision in a game against st m has gone our way to post this ? If they are honest refs dain their best then the same should go for performances like Clancy at the piggery, Madden with his amazing run of Rangers reds, Beaton v Hibs, McLean at easter road, Thomson over about 20 years or something.....why not comment on Gerrards views it took him one game to tells us he knew what to expect, or even Ally McCoist suggesting bias on national radio.

Ive still not seen this incident and probably should watch but theres other posters saying it wasnt a penalty or that it was a very tough call for the ref. Saying this evens it up is a bit like suggesting the press cannae be biased cos some of them said Rangers played quite well on Sunday.

And while i hate all the timmy stuff and usually ignore it as it makes no sense....i dont hear them moaning about refs at all. Lennon aint charging on the pitch these days the tim board and media are not looking to destroy refs lives or their careers and a few top officials are doing media work something i doubt Dougie McDonald, Hugh Dallas or Andy Davis would have been offered.

Andrew Dallas might be an honest ref i never said he wasnt but if you think this is the end of Rangers problems with the match officials, or that there wasnt one in the first place anyway, i say you are talking nonsense and theres nothing objective about your views at all.

Excellent news! Got a meeting with one of them tomorrow.

"See that big Jullien, what a diddy eh? Seems to struggle against strong players eh? Heard yous should've had a throw in before Killie got their penalty though. Aye, terrible that. And St. Mirren should've had a penalty against us as well. Stonewaller mate. Ach well."

I thought foul was inside the box but don’t think the ball was out in the lead up to the equaliser

He looked to me to have deliberately stuck his foot in the box as he was falling, rather than standing one foot in the box and one out, then being bundled over.
I did only see it during the game, but that was my impression at the time.

I thought foul was inside the box but don’t think the ball was out in the lead up to the equaliser

It wasn't (ball out that is).
One of my biggest grouches during games, ball has to be completely over the line looking straight down on it (same as a goal) so a lot that they call out actually are not.

Just one of these 'honest mistakes' that will 'even out over a season'.

Last season - sheep pen - Morelos - Beaton. Need I say more.

It was barely a foul, it was just a coming together between both players. If that’s conclusively in the box, no referee would have had the bottle to give it anyway.

Absolutely no ref would have given a pen as it was so close to the line , but it was a penalty and VAR would have awarded it.

Inside or out, I didn’t think it was a foul. Couldn’t be sure there was indeed contact at all. Even if there was contact doesn’t necessarily mean a foul. The guy was going nowhere and was intent on going down.
Red card for diving and knighthood for Kamara.

It looked like we got away with one to me. Both real time and replay.

Put it in the memory banks for the 4-5 penalties that we will inevitably not be awarded this season.

Frankly, I don't give a f*ck. 74% v 26% possession, 28 v 4 shots and 12 v 2 on target tell me that Rangers won it at a canter. So 3-0 in goals was no surprise. It was as one sided a match as I've seen for a while. Without Alnwick it could have been loads more. So I don't give a feck.

St Mirren were playing so deep I couldn't tell the difference between their defenders and the montage behind the goal.

If sticking your leg across the tackling, advancing player and having him unavoidably touch your back is a foul, then I guess this would be a penalty.
It was highlighted on Sportscene with the Compliance Officer Circle. Eduard's hand in the face of Killie player barely got a mention.

T'was a pen, but if I'm going to be fair to the ref with the player more out the the box then in, it's easy to see how the mistake was made, but with VAR, that would have been a pen.

If sticking your leg across the tackling, advancing player and having him unavoidably touch your back is a foul, then I guess this would be a penalty.
It was highlighted on Sportscene with the Compliance Officer Circle. Eduard's hand in the face of Killie player barely got a mention.
It actually looks like the St Mirren player kicks Kamara in the slow mo.

I didn’t think it was a foul but if ref thinks it was then watching the replay should be a penalty.

It was a penalty, but it's happened to us before.
Just gives St Mirren fans another thing to greet about.

The match thread was full of guys saying it was a penalty at the time. It probably was although I think he bought it to a certain extent.

Can't say I am bothered, we get plenty going against us and I still think we would have gone on to win it anyway.

He said Arfield could have been sent off at Pittodrie rather than we should have conceded a penalty.
The Arfield one was just nonsense, especially from Kung fu master Gordon.

The penalty could have been given and he said he understood why ref missed it. No issues with that.

Back