St mirren statement regarding Maurice Ross

uneasydaz

St Mirren chief executive Tony Fitzpatrick has written to his Motherwell counterpart Alan Burrows to complain about unacceptable statements by Fir Park coach Maurice Ross during a BBC Radio Scotland broadcast in which Ross cast doubt on the reasons for St Mirren seeking the COVID-related cancellation of Saturday’s scheduled clash between the two clubs.

The text of Tony’s letter reads:

"I am writing to express my disappointment at the comments of Maurice Ross on the above Podcast following the postponement of the fixture between our respective clubs on Saturday 17 October.

"In particular I deprecate any suggestion that we or any other football club would take advantage of this pandemic for personal gain. Any notion that we have been “opportunistic” in seeking to discharge our public health responsibilities is a fallacy. I cannot fathom why Mr Ross would seek to publicly call into question the integrity of a fellow SPFL member club for adhering to the agreed protocols which are in place to protect players, officials and clubs.

"As we, and all football clubs in Scotland, try to navigate our way through these difficult times the comments of Mr Ross are both unfortunate and unhelpful.

"With respect I would suggest Mr Ross might want to reflect on the comments which he broadcast to the nation and I am sure he will support your fellow clubs in being hyper vigilant as we work together to tackle this virus. I would be grateful if he could avoid such derisory language in future."

Covid you say? Integrity you say? Fitzpatrick you say?

Tony, with respect, piss off. Your club, like the rest of your cronies benefitted no end from the vote that gifted your pals a title. Mr Ross is only stating an opinion, a s just like opinions on here, most of them don’t mean shit. Your opinion, however, means far less than anyone’s opinion, since you sold your soul and your vote to the rattlers.

Bye bye.

Forgetting the person and club involved, imo its out of control the amount of current players and coaches that talk about other teams.

St Midden could have been able to put a team out. They did not and cried off. As a result the have will need played when they have better players available.

Can't stand St Mirren and I'm not exactly sure why. Just seem to be a club full of greeting faced bastards.
They’re a club full of closet Celtic and Rangers fans

as someone brought up and living in Paisley I can confirm 100% their fans are the most insecure, bitter little bastards you’ll come across

St Mirren's defensiveness is very interesting. Having read Mo Ross's comments on the matter, I don't think he said anything objectionable.

They’re a club full of closet Celtic and Rangers fans

as someone brought up and living in Paisley I can confirm 100% their fans are the most insecure, bitter little bastards you’ll come across

Having a fanbase of around 5-6k out of 77k - in their own town no less - would give anybody an inferiority complex tbh.

St Mirren = Partick Thistle for neds

What’s he talking about? SPFL integrity went out the window after the vote to terminate the league.
Just be clear here. Lennon came out immediately the games were stopped to say the scum should be awarded the title.
Two days later in a newspaper article that very same man Fitzpatrick immediately agreed with Lennon that scum should be awarded the title and the other league placing should be called. Thus surprise surprise his team remained in the league while Hearts with a game in hand were sent down.
And Tony speaks of sporting integrity ffs.

Can't stand St Mirren and I'm not exactly sure why. Just seem to be a club full of greeting faced bastards.

They are the ultimate Tin pot club. The likes of Thistle have a bit of a diddy team charm but I fucking hate St Mirren. Probably because I despise Paisley right enough. Scum fans too.

Could someone please explain why they are called on here St Boo?

Personally speaking,i had never heard the term before until 2 or 3 years ago

During a game v St Mirren at their ground,I had to turn down the volume due to their fans constant booing of anything and everything,it was that bad

it genuinely ruined it for me,daft I know but that’s how fucking annoying it was

I listened to the podcast yesterday and Mo Ross said he’s not saying st mirren done that, he said it’s possible a club might use it to their advantage unless there’s rules in place. To me that seems fair.

Just looking at the offended bus that lot.

I was quite impressed at how well he spoke throughout that show as well. Seems a very clever, knowledgeable man.

tenor.gif

Threw the game against that other lot in the last game back in the eighties also let them use their stadium to sell their kits.

Although some clubs can be unlucky and get one or two cases, I can't help but feel that Kilmarnock, Aberdeen and St Mirren's lack of professionalism isn't helping.

Back