St mirren statement regarding Maurice Ross

Can’t think why myself.

SAINTS-CELTIC.jpg

Oh wait.

That's a fucking embarrassment, is there any other club in the UK that has a 'rivals' club shop attached to their stadium? Joke of a club.
Mo talked very well, something Tony Fitzpatrick is incapable of.

Honestly not fishing I had no idea why they are called that on here only joined in June and noticed it mentioned a few times but have racked my brains to think but to no avail.
Next time you watch them on TV against us with the crowds back, pay particular attention to the St Mirren fans entire vocal output.
It consists entirely of one song "The bawbags are blue" and a regular cry of dissatisfaction "Boooooooooo".

St Mirren chief executive Tony Fitzpatrick has written to his Motherwell counterpart Alan Burrows to complain about unacceptable statements by Fir Park coach Maurice Ross during a BBC Radio Scotland broadcast in which Ross cast doubt on the reasons for St Mirren seeking the COVID-related cancellation of Saturday’s scheduled clash between the two clubs.

The text of Tony’s letter reads:

"I am writing to express my disappointment at the comments of Maurice Ross on the above Podcast following the postponement of the fixture between our respective clubs on Saturday 17 October.

"In particular I deprecate any suggestion that we or any other football club would take advantage of this pandemic for personal gain. Any notion that we have been “opportunistic” in seeking to discharge our public health responsibilities is a fallacy. I cannot fathom why Mr Ross would seek to publicly call into question the integrity of a fellow SPFL member club for adhering to the agreed protocols which are in place to protect players, officials and clubs.

"As we, and all football clubs in Scotland, try to navigate our way through these difficult times the comments of Mr Ross are both unfortunate and unhelpful.

"With respect I would suggest Mr Ross might want to reflect on the comments which he broadcast to the nation and I am sure he will support your fellow clubs in being hyper vigilant as we work together to tackle this virus. I would be grateful if he could avoid such derisory language in future."

Quite a few parts of that quote are telling that they are speaking up for their paymasters in the green and white rings.

With all due respect to Maurice, when any club feels the need to issue a statement about what you have said, they are well and truly f ucked.

Tell me thats photo trickery?
Surely they are not that much of an embarresment to themselves and their fans?

Very much real mate.

That lot used St Mirren’s ground for a couple of pre-season games in summer 2015 while they were getting work done on the Piggery, and St Mirren rolled out the red carpet as the picture shows.

Utterly tinpot.

Pretty sure Mo Ross wasn't representing Motherwell FC when he appeared on the show.

Boyd on Sky. McCann and Ross on BBC. Loving the new, more balanced representation we're getting in the media lately.

They don't like it much though, do they? Eh Tony? Too much truth.

It is not what Maurice Ross said. He was clear he was not talking about St. Mirren but asked, a fair question, what was to stop system being abused. I presume answer to that is Doctors Certificates.

Integrity? In the SPFL?
You know they're playing last season's Scottish Cup next week Tony?
I'll assume if it has to be postponed, clubs can just vote a winner via email.
Was he part of the St Mirren team that through a game to get Celtic a title?

The same cheat Fitzpatrick who was in the St. Mirren side that lay down 0-5 to the mentally challengeds to hand them the title in 1986.
The same Tony Fitzpatrick who called a referee a cheat and then disappeared from public life to later re-appear as an SFA Community coach, allegedly ? No sanctions taken against Tony.

The very same. St. Mirren had lost 18 goals in 17 home games that season. mentally challengeds put 5 past them. A certain Frank McGarvey was also in that St. Mirren team that day.

The same cheat Fitzpatrick who was in the St. Mirren side that lay down 0-5 to the mentally challengeds to hand them the title in 1986.
Threw the game against that other lot in the last game back in the eighties also let them use their stadium to sell their kits.

Which one is Chris Sutton ?

It didn’t matter if it was 1-0 or 9-0 Hearts only needed a draw to win the league and fcuked it up by losing to Dundee.

The scum had already beaten Clydebank and Hibs 5-0 that season, Dundee Utd had also had beaten St Mirren 5-0

Very much real mate.

That lot used St Mirren’s ground for a couple of pre-season games in summer 2015 while they were getting work done on the Piggery, and St Mirren rolled out the red carpet as the picture shows.

Utterly tinpot.
It was during the commonwealth games ironically.

Miserable cu*ts. Paisley where seagulls bring their own pieces.
My old man worked with a lot of Paisley buddies in Rolls Royce at Hillington. He said the Glasgow guys called them “limbo dancers” because “they would limbo dance under a toilet door rather than put a penny in the slot”.

My old man worked with a lot of Paisley buddies in Rolls Royce at Hillington. He said the Glasgow guys called them “limbo dancers” because “they would limbo dance under a toilet door rather than put a penny in the slot”.
My old man worked in Hillington RR nightshift for 30 odd year.

Tony is a tim and is enraged at the idea of a blue nose telling it like it is.

Laughable that he mentions him or others leveraging a pandemic after this summer's goings on.

I hope Mo writes an open letter back telling him to get a life.

St Mirren chief executive Tony Fitzpatrick has written to his Motherwell counterpart Alan Burrows to complain about unacceptable statements by Fir Park coach Maurice Ross during a BBC Radio Scotland broadcast in which Ross cast doubt on the reasons for St Mirren seeking the COVID-related cancellation of Saturday’s scheduled clash between the two clubs.

"I am writing to express my disappointment at the comments of Maurice Ross on the above Podcast following the postponement of the fixture between our respective clubs on Saturday 17 October.

"In particular I deprecate any suggestion that we or any other football club would take advantage of this pandemic for personal gain. Any notion that we have been “opportunistic” in seeking to discharge our public health responsibilities is a fallacy. I cannot fathom why Mr Ross would seek to publicly call into question the integrity of a fellow SPFL member club for adhering to the agreed protocols which are in place to protect players, officials and clubs.

"As we, and all football clubs in Scotland, try to navigate our way through these difficult times the comments of Mr Ross are both unfortunate and unhelpful.

"With respect I would suggest Mr Ross might want to reflect on the comments which he broadcast to the nation and I am sure he will support your fellow clubs in being hyper vigilant as we work together to tackle this virus. I would be grateful if he could avoid such derisory la

"With respect I would suggest Mr Ross might want to reflect on the comments which he broadcast to the nation and I am sure he will support your fellow clubs in being hyper vigilant as we work together to tackle this virus. I would be grateful if he could avoid such derisory language in future."
Such a shame.
All together now:
Awwww.................., poor lambs. Sniff......

"In particular I deprecate We or any other club would take advantage of this pandemic for personal gain " You're right Anthony , I can't think of any club or Sporting authorities that would do such a thing
That was where I stopped reading.

He chose not to speak in his own role for St Mirren and instead acts like the judge of everyone.

Even though the shambles of scottish football owing broadcasters money is purely down to one club exploiting the pandemic.

He never even accused St Mirren of that. He did make comment about how St Mirren knew on Friday morning they weren't able to play but never told Motherwell until their players were sat eating their pre-match meal which is fair game.

Maybe Tony is worried about St Mirren losing 3 points for it therefore making it harder for them to be a top 4 club like he was claiming they should be a year or two ago.

Tony's knows hunners of big words, he's wrotted a book don't you know?
And I have a signed copy ( which I couldn't refuse due to the subject matter).

He never heard the original broadcast and he never wrote this statement. Someone has told St Mirren a tale and they’ve asked a Reid Kerr student to write down some serious sounding words.

Edit. I forgot to add, what a bunch of pricks they are.

Next time you watch them on TV against us with the crowds back, pay particular attention to the St Mirren fans entire vocal output.
It consists entirely of one song "The bawbags are blue" and a regular cry of dissatisfaction "Boooooooooo".
Ah I did wonder myself

Back