• Sakala

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • Arfield

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Patterson

Votes: 2 0.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You’re mental. “Not enough for me” what you on about ?

All teams need to grind out narrow wins throughout the season. But I’ve just asked if we’ve managed to be 2 goals clear since Livningston on day one.

If you think that merits “who cares” then…well okay. We are going to have to start putting teams to the sword.

Not giving ourselves breathing space in games has already cost us points this season- and will cost us more if we don’t start putting teams away.

But no, you keep dismissing that legitimate point with “who cares”.
4 points clear whits the problem? You rather be 4 points behind? Legitimate fcuk sake that’s a whopper of a word for a Sunday
Breathing space you should give them a phone later before you take a turn!

Third goal would have been nice but i think were starting to show our true form
Picked Hagi but i mainly thought it was a solid team performance which was so apparent in last seasons success
Onwards and upwards
We would've got a third at the end of the first half if we had a few more minutes. Gerrard moving Hagi to midfield turned the game.

4 points clear whits the problem? You rather be 4 points behind? Legitimate fcuk sake that’s a whopper of a word for a Sunday
Breathing space you should give them a phone later before you take a turn!

Are you saying the domestic campaign has been perfect so far then?

Or do you think there’s things we could be doing better- such as being more clinical?

You’re keen to paint things in such black and white terms. Ie being 4 points clear of them means everything is perfect and we’re not allowed to say anything to the contrary

Rangers must go all out in all games to get a 2 goal lead.
A one goal lead is always vulnerable as Hearts proved last week

You’re mental. “Not enough for me” what you on about ?

All teams need to grind out narrow wins throughout the season. But I’ve just asked if we’ve managed to be 2 goals clear since Livningston on day one.

If you think that merits “who cares” then…well okay. We are going to have to start putting teams to the sword.

Not giving ourselves breathing space in games has already cost us points this season- and will cost us more if we don’t start putting teams away.

But no, you keep dismissing that legitimate point with “who cares”.

It's true that we have many things to be concerned about.

You know what though? Maybe we should just enjoy the result and the rest of the day.

The management and the players will know this isn't good enough. They'll know we need more goals and we need to kill games off more ruthlessly.

We're top of the league. So really who cares?

We've bought ourselves time to fix the performances. Now let's enjoy this time and give the moaning a rest! :shh:

Are you saying the domestic campaign has been perfect so far then?

Or do you think there’s things we could be doing better- such as being more clinical?

You’re keen to paint things in such black and white terms. Ie being 4 points clear of them means everything is perfect and we’re not allowed to say anything to the contrary
I disagree with you we’re ten games in 4 points clear and your wanting harlem
Globe trotting performances every week! Football doesn’t work like that!

Weren't at the races for 20 minutes but the goal was coming when we got it. Their goal was a shambles from our point of view(some strike from their player) but I don't think they created a clear cut chance all day? Bit nervous towards the end of the game but we weren't actually in any real danger.

Thought Hagi and Roofe were by a mile our most dangerous players so fitting that they combined to drag us back into it. Alfie's winner was a lot harder than it looked as well - great ball in from Tav who I thought was decent again.

That was a hard watch. I was hopeful of a performance before kick-off, but just grateful for the 3 points and no obvious injuries. The bonus is Alfie scoring his 100th which should help him relax a wee bit more. :))

It's true that we have many things to be concerned about.

You know what though? Maybe we should just enjoy the result and the rest of the day.

The management and the players will know this isn't good enough. They'll know we need more goals and we need to kill games off more ruthlessly.

We're top of the league. So really who cares?

We've bought ourselves time to fix the performances. Now let's enjoy this time and give the moaning a rest! :shh:

I haven’t moaned once.

I asked, during the game, if we had been 2 goals clear in a league game since Livy on day one.

Is that moaning? I don’t think so.

We’ve won the game which is great but if anyone thinks a desire to be more clinical is “moaning” or that we “shouldn’t care” about the above fact then they’re being ludicrous. The definition of “happy clapper” to quote an oft used phrase.

We are allowed to discuss what the team could do better (score more and be more clinical) without others feeling that’s some form of dissent or “moaning” that must be clamped down upon

We looked great for 15-20 mins before half time and i expected us to start the 2nd half in similar fashion but we seemed to have a totally different attitude, almost like we were happy to defend our 1 goal lead, i would much rather we had killed the game off as the Hearts game last week proved one goal is never enough.

I haven’t moaned once.

I asked, during the game, if we had been 2 goals clear in a league game since Livy on day one.

Is that moaning? I don’t think so.

We’ve won the game which is great but if anyone thinks a desire to be more clinical is “moaning” or that we “shouldn’t care” about the above fact then they’re being ludicrous. The definition of “happy clapper” to quote an oft used phrase.

We are allowed to discuss what the team could do better (score more and be more clinical) without others feeling that’s some form of dissent or “moaning” that must be clamped down upon

We were 2 clear against Ross County.

I am going to happy clap all the way to Wednesday! :p

Voted Roofe MOTM for a good all round performance. No real stand outs for me. We really need to start away games better. We will always struggle in these type games until we do.

However a good three points against a charged up opponent.

Reactions: dmg
Hagi was my MOTM but once again he comes off and Arfield did not appear to do anything and Patterson on far to late to give him a chance.
Happy with a win but still not good enough. IF we want to play in Europe then we should be well on top of the St Boos of this world.
Anyway upwards and onwards to Wednesday and lets crush the sheep.

For me same, reason was he was pivotal in the golden 10mins before half time. Won the penalty, made some great decisions.
We controlled the game and played well at the 25 minutes point onwards and for the following 76 *minutes of the game it was all Rangers.

*11 minutes extra time played.

Just watched Alfie's goal celebrations with the crowd again. Tremendous. :))

But if any of you who managed to give him a cuddle are COVID + baws will be toed! ;)

happy with the win but
first 30 mins we were awful, the next 60 minutes we were average
i keep thinking to myself if we are top of the league when we are
this bad then things can only get better

Mon the Gers, just do it.

Another tough away game, but if we keep up our recent form, victory will be ours. Come on Buff, time to hit the net for the fans.

Mon the Gers, just do it.
Not the greatest 97 minutes, but thank you Buff for answering the call, 100 and counting.

Didn’t manage to see the game I was taking my grandson to his game in Ayr,I get the impression we played some decent stuff at times but we are still struggling to do a full consistent 90 minutes .

Hard fought three points
Expected a difficult game, and that proved to be the case.
We're not playing at our best, yet, so it's good to be sitting on top of the league right now.

three points in the bag, job done, as been said after almost every game this season, we need to improve, like all fans here, I'm just hoping it happens sooner rather than later, as that's all us bears can do, also on a side note, was I hearing things or did someone from the st mirren end shouted "monkey bastard" either at our players or the ref?

The finale encapsulated why it's a miracle Rangers win anything in Scotland. Multiple enforced changes , down to 10 men but still playing like their lives depended on it. You will not see what effort or desire from them against anyone else, nor from another Scottish team Vs another.

Rangers should be better at dealing with such frantic onslaughts, theyve had enough practice, but at least they got it done.

Well done Rangers especially losing early goal
also looking forward going back to work in paisley tomorrow

Last edited:
Back