Match Thread St Mirren v Rangers - 12:15 Sunday - BT Sports

I fear that Goodwin may have his team riled up for this game, and we may face a few hefty challenges. I have no doubt we will have to battle for 90 minutes.

I want a win, no injuries, and no suspensions.

That’s me up . Lucky if I got 4 hours sleep thinking about today’s game and the scrutiny we are under .

I’ve reached a point for the first time in my life I will be actually furious to the point of hatred of our own fans if I hear any shitty songs or chants . I don’t like that feeling at all but there it is .

As for the game itself it goes without saying 3 points are a must and hopefully we can focus on what happens on the pitch .

I think 2/0 to us Defoe , Jones .
How good is our strength a depth of our squad now, Defoe and Jones waiting to come on and rip teams apart.

0-2, with no injuries and our away support in full voice without the offending songs.

Shouldn’t be too much to ask surely?

Tight first half with us leading by a goal into the break.

Foot on the gas second half, get the job done then subs on.

3-0 to the famous.

We will win today easily if we turn up with same attitude as every other game it will set us up nicely for next week to go 3 clear of the scum at the top of the league WATP

Anyone going today must be prepared to be plastered all over the back of the Sunday papers if they so much as mouth the word ‘19th Century Terrorist’. The hysteria will be off the scale - bans, arrests, even job losses could result. It’s just not worth it guys, please don’t give the scum what they want.

2-0 Gers btw!

Anyone going today must be prepared to be plastered all over the back of the Sunday papers if they so much as mouth the word ‘19th Century Terrorist’. The hysteria will be off the scale - bans, arrests, even job losses could result. It’s just not worth it guys, please don’t give the scum what they want.

There’s simply no excuse for it now . None . Zero tolerance . No more chances , no more laughing it off , no more “ it’s just a song “ . It’s over .

There’s simply no excuse for it now . None . Zero tolerance . No more chances , no more laughing it off , no more “ it’s just a song “ . It’s over .
It better be over.Ive just spoken to someone who was in the directors box at Annfield yesterday and was in conversation with two Liverpool legends who stated SG is not a guy who will hang around with this continuing

It better be over.Ive just spoken to someone who was in the directors box at Annfield yesterday and was in conversation with two Liverpool legends who stated SG is not a guy who will hang around with this continuing

I’m in absolutely no doubt whatsoever that’s the case . He doesn’t suffer fools gladly , he doesn’t want his fledgling managerial career mired in this garbage , he simply won’t and doesn’t need to accept it . Another massive reason as if we needed it to stop the rubbish .

Let's give the rest of Scottish football no reason to squeal and force them to watch a rampant Rangers in full flow.

5-0 to us.

Last edited:
Go in, get the job done and get out with no drama in the stands or injuries on the pitch.

Don't think I can take another few days of smug sanctimonious lecturing from narrow minded and hate filled journalists.

I don’t read them . But I take your point .

Let's focus on the park performances, think we'll comfortably win 3-0 can see Defoe getting 2 and Aribo 1. Mon the bears.

Hoping for the team to keep up their great tempo, and a decisive victory today,with the fans singing loud and proud(no add ons,as we are fair game) and give the haters nothing to print about tomorrow, that's negative towards our great club.

Hopefully a few goals today... and need to keep myself in check as could only manage home end tkts for my boy and myself :eek::))

Away game against stuffy team. Games like this still give me the fear. Hope Rangers can put those fears to rest and win this convincingly.

Hearing Katic is out. Not sure if it’s Helander thats in or Edmundson.

Halliday at LB

The narrative has changed. Our season was going too well, it spooked the mentally challengeds. So, call upon friends in high places and, quicker than a Harry Potter spell, we are under the cosh mentally and all points regarding child abuse quickly forgotten. The mentally challenged's new media agency are certainly earning their crust. Whether it will impact on our play is difficult to predict. SG is probably not a happy person right now with all the negative focus. It will take a lot of on his part to get the team to focus on doing the business today. A win is absolutely essential. The coming week has two major games that will determine a lot as to how the season will go.

Hearing Katic is out. Not sure if it’s Helander thats in or Edmundson.

Halliday at LB

Genuinely surprised at Halliday at LB considering last week's shitshow from him and not even making the bench in Warsaw.

What's the point in Barišić being at the club if Halliday is getting a game ahead of him.

If Barišić had put in the performance Halliday did at East Fife, he'd have been never seen again.

We need to sign a LB before the window shuts. If it's true Halliday is starting then it's clear Barisic is done.

Agreed. We cannot continue with this uncertainty in that position.

I like Flanagan but we are completely unbalanced when he plays LB. Halliday long term is just an absolute no no for me and I'm not sure how many more excuses can be trotted out for Borna not playing each week.

Back