Match Thread St Mirren v Rangers - 12:15 Sunday - BT Sports

Big X

Official Ticketer
St Mirren today epitomises what's wrong with Scottish football we were pedestrian today possibly because of the opposition having 11 men behind the ball but we will never know as St Mirren never attempted to win the game up until the time added on when they tried for a draw, who knows had they tried to make a game of it our exertions in Europe might have caught up with us, apart from the mhanks games this is what we have to experience all season ffs even the sheep at home put 11 behind the ball.
Totally agree. Just seen the BBC match report and it says St Mirren had 60% of the possession. WTF.

yosser hughes

the concern for me would be even when we are in total control of te game and with the amount of possession we had,today we once again gave up a great opportunity for the opposition to get at us,3 points today is great,but if that boy sticks that sitter away we are in all probability looking at 1 point,one thing is for sure though,next week we really need to limit the chances we give that shower,they have shown domestically they have goals in them and from various parts of their team

Gaz030191

All that really matters is 3 points in the bag.

Now I of course want and believe we can win next week, but even a draw means we're still joint top of the league with a decent run of games ahead.

Huge improvement on last season as long as we don't lose, but again let me reiterate I really believe we will take all 3 points

Realger34

That was a great result considering how St Mirren set up.

Defoe sticks that chance away early on we might have went on to give them a bit of a hiding.

3 wins out of 3 and hopefully Barisic get confidence and kickstarts his Rangers career.

tottie beck

The most important thing today was 3 points and I’ll take that.

Hardly the sparkling football we’ve become used to this season so far, but St Mirren packing the defence didn’t help. Thank God for that wonder strike from Barasic. That game needed something special to break the deadlock. I don’t know if it was just an off day, tiredness playing twice a week, or the changes that disjointed things somewhat, but we need to up our game this coming week if we are going to advance in Europe and get the win against the tarriers we all crave.

MOTM: Not many stand outs today, but Ryan Jack was probably our most consistent performer.

Stevie13000

All you've done is complain on the thread. Strangely no input when we scored a cracking winning goal.

4 fucking times you said we were poor - just enjoy the victory instead of whinging.
You still never answered my question, I call it as I see it not with blue tinted glasses on !

New Jersey Bear

Official Ticketer
Might be the best St Mirren side I’ve seen in my life albeit only 28years. Defended really well, bit of pace and strength up front. They’re easily safe this year. That being said, I thought for 90minutes we didn’t look at all like conceding and then a sloppy final 6 meant we could’ve thrown it away.

Was surprised at Defoe not taking his chances. 9 games out of 10 he gets an easy brace and makes things much more comfortable for us. That’s a good start to a potential season defining week.

davstr

Might be the best St Mirren side I’ve seen in my life albeit only 28years. Defended really well, bit of pace and strength up front. They’re easily safe this year. That being said, I thought for 90minutes we didn’t look at all like conceding and then a sloppy final 6 meant we could’ve thrown it away.

Was surprised at Defoe not taking his chances. 9 games out of 10 he gets an easy brace and makes things much more comfortable for us. That’s a good start to a potential season defining week.
Whoever they play next week will win easily

jweebear

We get through on Thursday night and it will take three days for this team to land back on Eartth, even then they'll be still floating. The scum won't get near them.

Blue Booda

they were that defensive it seemed like they thought loosing by 1 goal was a good result ???

there was a time in the 2nd half when Borna went off, Gers down to 10 men, still they sat back - bizarre tactics ??

anyway back to us, thought we were trying to walk it into the net when an earlier shot would have served much better, delighted for Borna, get confidence from this and go for it

Coplandbear

A crucial win but a scrappy and flat performance. Too many changes made and we lacked quality and cutting edge in the forward areas. I don't believe Arfield is an inside forward too much of the game passes him by and JJ is more suited to a counter attacking style of play he's a ball carrier but lacks creativity and offers little goal threat.

We could still do with one quality addition in the forward areas for me.

stillAlwaysblue

Need to move the ball forward quickly. McGregor throws to a defender and they pass it back and forward along the line while the opposition defence have time to get organised and mark our forwards. Also is Jack the only player who has a reasonable shot from outside the box.
Sometimes the long ball pays off with either Defoe or Morelos up front.
Good three points but with their chance at the end it could have been a draw.
However a win on Thursday gets us back on track for a great season … bring on septic.

wee bud's pit boots

Missed the game due to work. How did we play and how did Helander look?

Had a bad feeling about today so any win was going to be a good win.
It wasn't shooty-in.

It was us having most of the possession but that killer pass is missing.

That's now two away games against utter dross, but we have got the wins. So all is well in certain aspects.

Something has to give if every away day is like this first two.

Don't get me wrong, The way we dug in at Rugby Park, and that strike yesterday was sensational, and shows more dig than last year, and I know we sometimes need to win ugly, but we should be smashing sh1t like this out of the park.

We need that killer pass.

Bowery Boy

It wasn't shooty-in.

It was us having most of the possession but that killer pass is missing.

That's now two away games against utter dross, but we have got the wins. So all is well in certain aspects.

Something has to give if every away day is like this first two.

Don't get me wrong, The way we dug in at Rugby Park, and that strike yesterday was sensational, and shows more dig than last year, and I know we sometimes need to win ugly, but we should be smashing sh1t like this out of the park.

We need that killer pass.
Crying out for a midfielder who can rattle a shot from 30 yards too.

Latest posts