Match Thread St Mirren v Rangers - 12:15 Sunday - BT Sports

Might be the best St Mirren side I’ve seen in my life albeit only 28years. Defended really well, bit of pace and strength up front. They’re easily safe this year. That being said, I thought for 90minutes we didn’t look at all like conceding and then a sloppy final 6 meant we could’ve thrown it away.

Was surprised at Defoe not taking his chances. 9 games out of 10 he gets an easy brace and makes things much more comfortable for us. That’s a good start to a potential season defining week.

Whoever they play next week will win easily

We get through on Thursday night and it will take three days for this team to land back on Eartth, even then they'll be still floating. The scum won't get near them.

they were that defensive it seemed like they thought loosing by 1 goal was a good result ???

there was a time in the 2nd half when Borna went off, Gers down to 10 men, still they sat back - bizarre tactics ??

anyway back to us, thought we were trying to walk it into the net when an earlier shot would have served much better, delighted for Borna, get confidence from this and go for it

A crucial win but a scrappy and flat performance. Too many changes made and we lacked quality and cutting edge in the forward areas. I don't believe Arfield is an inside forward too much of the game passes him by and JJ is more suited to a counter attacking style of play he's a ball carrier but lacks creativity and offers little goal threat.

We could still do with one quality addition in the forward areas for me.

Need to move the ball forward quickly. McGregor throws to a defender and they pass it back and forward along the line while the opposition defence have time to get organised and mark our forwards. Also is Jack the only player who has a reasonable shot from outside the box.
Sometimes the long ball pays off with either Defoe or Morelos up front.
Good three points but with their chance at the end it could have been a draw.
However a win on Thursday gets us back on track for a great season … bring on septic.

Missed the game due to work. How did we play and how did Helander look?

Had a bad feeling about today so any win was going to be a good win.

It wasn't shooty-in.

It was us having most of the possession but that killer pass is missing.

That's now two away games against utter dross, but we have got the wins. So all is well in certain aspects.

Something has to give if every away day is like this first two.

Don't get me wrong, The way we dug in at Rugby Park, and that strike yesterday was sensational, and shows more dig than last year, and I know we sometimes need to win ugly, but we should be smashing sh1t like this out of the park.

We need that killer pass.

It wasn't shooty-in.

It was us having most of the possession but that killer pass is missing.

That's now two away games against utter dross, but we have got the wins. So all is well in certain aspects.

Something has to give if every away day is like this first two.

Don't get me wrong, The way we dug in at Rugby Park, and that strike yesterday was sensational, and shows more dig than last year, and I know we sometimes need to win ugly, but we should be smashing sh1t like this out of the park.

We need that killer pass.
Crying out for a midfielder who can rattle a shot from 30 yards too.

Back