Match Thread St Mirren v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

Do we think this game will be on?

It's to rain constantly until 2pm.

Should be on. Remember the game against them in the Petrofac under Warburton ? It was torrential the whole morning and during the game.

No ifs, no buts, no fúcking about. Get that game won today. There are absolutely zero excuses for not delivering three points today. These players owe us and the manager.

Should be on. Remember the game against them in the Petrofac under Warburton ? It was torrential the whole morning and during the game.

No ifs, no buts, no fúcking about. Get that game won today. There are absolutely zero excuses for not delivering three points today. These players owe us and the manager.
We should win but he has to pick a team to go and attack the game.

I was feeling good about Wednesday after listening to his comments and was stunned at how reserved the team was.

I was expecting Churchill and turned up to find Ian Duncan Smith!

We should win but he has to pick a team to go and attack the game.

I was feeling good about Wednesday after listening to his comments and was stunned at how reserved the team was.

I was expecting Churchill and turned up to find Ian Duncan Smith!

Expecting a few changes ahead of Moscow :

Flanagan out, Halliday at left back
Big Niko in for Worrall
Midfield of Ejaria, Jack and Arfield
Candeias or Kent dropping out for Middleton or Grezda

Expecting a few changes ahead of Moscow :

Flanagan out, Halliday at left back
Big Niko in for Worrall
Midfield of Ejaria, Jack and Arfield
Candeias or Kent dropping out for Middleton or Grezda
Middleton, Grezda, McCrorie, Katic, Lafferty all have the right to be respectfully asking the manager why they're not getting a chance.

If a guy has your Jersey and he's flying fair enough. Morelos aside, the rest have been 5/10 yet seem to retain their place every week.

Middleton, Grezda, McCrorie, Katic, Lafferty all have the right to be respectfully asking the manager why they're not getting a chance.

If a guy has your Jersey and he's flying fair enough. Morelos aside, the rest have been 5/10 yet seem to retain their place every week.

Worrall being the obvious one. Don't get me wrong, he's had some really good games but he's had a couple of stinkers as well. I thought he was poor Wednesday night especially at their goal and almost gifted Killie the game at the end until Wes bailed him out.

He's a decent big player. But I've saw nothing to suggest he's an upgrade on Katic.

Will be interesting t see if the manager agrees, and applies a streak of ruthlessness over recent underperformance - you don't want this another-chance-to-come-good stuff to drag on ad infinitum. Points are all that matter

Important 3 points coming up.
Would like to see Grezda start, he must be desperate to show what he can do.

Worrall being the obvious one. Don't get me wrong, he's had some really good games but he's had a couple of stinkers as well. I thought he was poor Wednesday night especially at their goal and almost gifted Killie the game at the end until Wes bailed him out.

He's a decent big player. But I've saw nothing to suggest he's an upgrade on Katic.
Agree with this

I'm not sure what it is about Worrall, sometimes you just don't take to a player, he is in that bracket for me at the moment.

I know Kat had a stinker at Hamilton but that aside he has been sold and looks to have a much better understanding with Goldson

I like Big Worrall too but I think playing on the LHS of the central pairing doesn't do him any favours.

Goldson is the best defender we have and he looks more comfortable playing with Katic in my opinion (Hamilton excepted)

I've backed the manager to the hilt over the past week so I'm hoping to see a massive reaction today, hopefully katic is restored and we go for the jugular early doors.

Seem to have been saying this forever, but it’s yet another ‘must win’ match. And the list of ‘must win’ matches where we haven’t won is extensive.
St Boo will be right up for this as they have witnessed us toiling in recent weeks.
We need to be slicker and more inventive from back to front.
We need to be less pedestrian and predictable, as our slow build up has been allowing teams to regain their shape whilst we make passes across the back line.
It feels like we’ve dropped into second gear since the stunning first half against Hearts. We need to find that slick form again, and we need to find it today.

Seem to have been saying this forever, but it’s yet another ‘must win’ match. And the list of ‘must win’ matches where we haven’t won is extensive.
St Boo will be right up for this as they have witnessed us toiling in recent weeks.
We need to be slicker and more inventive from back to front.
We need to be less pedestrian and predictable, as our slow build up has been allowing teams to regain their shape whilst we make passes across the back line.
It feels like we’ve dropped into second gear since the stunning first half against Hearts. We need to find that slick form again, and we need to find it today.
That's right on the head. 100%

I’d like to see us start 3-5-2 with Lafferty and Morelos up but if we’re continuing with then 4-3-3 then Grezda has to start.

Looking at the weather I think I will just watch on TV. The wind will make a difference and we need players with stamina and guts. Middleton for me would be a good choice on the left. We don't need fancy ball players who will get blown over or some like to get wet (like me lol).
Any win any way will do as we need all three points.

DHMMLvw.png
The doc is back!

Rangers win

Conditions are crap (wind especially) ball is going to be going all ways so defence and greegs will need to on their toes more thann usual. Don’t care if we win an ugly 1-0 as long as we win

Last edited:
We have assembled some decent players, but few have won trophies, apart from McGregor and Lafferty. Lafferty is really just a back up and not a regular.
Rangers as a club have always had winners out on the park, players who find ways to beat the opposition no matter how the team play.
To have any chance of being successful, that winning mentality is a must.

It's the 1 thing this team need to prove they have, and we can't wait for them to prove it any longer.

I think there may be a 3 5 2 today for some reason

If keeping 4 at back katic should return imo and poss halliday at lb

Midfield rossiter jack ejaria

Grezda Alfredo and kent

Back