Match Thread St Mirren v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
DHMMLvw.png

50% win ratio for Stevie thus far. That needs to sit no lower than the 65% win mark.

We will put them to the sword tomorrow, of that I have no doubt. I see us winning five in a row starting tomorrow

Must win but that lot only drew with them and with the way we are currently playing i won't be surprised if it's 0-0.
But C'Mon Rangers Keep Believing Let's Go!

I don't care how it's done, but a win is a must tomorrow or massive doubts will be creeping in.

It's not going to be easy. I keep on reading posts on here that we will thump them, sadly that's probably not going to be the case.

St. Mirren will be realishing this, nothing to lose, their defending has improved, they will take confidence from our last two results and it's a Cup final for them where they will kick and hit any thing in sight. A few weeks ago they raised their game enough to get a draw against the bheggars.

Our confidence isn't high, on the back of a few poor results (we've not got going since Hearts at Ibrox before international break), so I'm expecting a tight, cagey affair in poor conditions.

Will out players be up for it, will they respond, will they have one eye on Spartak Moscow?

.................................McGregor

Tavernier.......Goldson.......Worrall............Barasic

..................McCrorie...........Jack

Candeias..............Arfield.......................Grezda (change for Kent later)

............................Morelos

.................................McGregor

Tavernier.......Goldson.......Worrall............Barasic

..................McCrorie...........Jack

Candeias..............Arfield.......................Grezda (change for Kent later)

............................Morelos
Barasic is still out mate,I'd expect Halliday in there but the rest deserve a chance I reckon although I'm not totally convinced with Worrall tbh.

Can only hope for a win and take it from there, first game this season I havent been gagging for. Make me gag for it Rangers.

50% win ratio for Stevie thus far. That needs to sit no lower than the 65% win mark.

We will put them to the sword tomorrow, of that I have no doubt. I see us winning five in a row starting tomorrow
What do you base this confidence on? We have done nothing this season to suggest we are on the verge of winning five in a row. Every week is the same on here - predictions of 4 or 5 goal wins. Last week someone predicted we would be two up against the sheep after 30 mins and would score 4. This despite the fact we were without Morelos and Lafferty! It's not just the players who don't seem capable of learning from their mistakes!
For what it's worth I predict a hard fought 2-1 win.

What do you base this confidence on? We have done nothing this season to suggest we are on the verge of winning five in a row. Every week is the same on here - predictions of 4 or 5 goal wins. Last week someone predicted we would be two up against the sheep after 30 mins and would score 4. This despite the fact we were without Morelos and Lafferty! It's not just the players who don't seem capable of learning from their mistakes!
For what it's worth I predict a hard fought 2-1 win.

I base it on the fact we are far, far better than St Mirren, already comfortably dealt with them with ten men this season and are not anywhere near the crisis levels most on here would have you believe. Finishing has been awry in the last two home games, had we our shooting boots on we'd have dispatched of Spartak and Kilmarnock comfortably. Aberdeen was a poor performance at the wrong time. We are due to come out the other end of a slightly poor patch of form, starting tomorrow

More dropped points would be unthinkable, we have to win tomorrow no excuses and we must play far better than we have away from home.

I am going for a cagey start but Rangers to edge it 1-0, wish I was more confident!

Is the game under threat with the weather due overnight?

heavy rain has to start about 1am and to continue constantly until tomorrow evening with 40mph winds during the game

it wont be a fine spectacle either way with those low stands at St Mirren

A convincing win is what is needed.

Another Hamilton result were we scrape a win with another subpar performance will not do anyone any favours.

4231, 352, whatever it is the players need to offer more. Our midfield have been rank, sitting back relying on Kent, Candeias and AM to create something. They haven't, and along with our only other creative force Tav have got the abuse.

What do our midfield three do? They just pass the buck. Gerrard and GM have both said they need to be supporting Alfie. They know what they're talking about but will the midfield respond? They didn't on Wednesday.

Gents the last 2 games has burst all our arses.
But we bullied & bossed both of them and on other days would have won both and deserving both wins. For me it just shows how far we have come this season, we now expect to win every game, certainly never felt that last season did we all.

Early goal sit tight then push on after That, comfortable win today then 5 days to get set for Moscow.

Slight change in formation for me. Diamond midfield with two up top.

McGregor
Tav, Goldson, Katic, Halliday
Jack
Arfield Kent
Ejaria
Morelos Lafferty

Our game will go ahead in the worst conditions cos it’s a tv match. It pan out into a shitty draw cos no one can control the ball. After which the SPL mandarins will call off the other matches due to conditions and safety. It’s a conspiracy

Last edited:
It will be another 90 mins of a team defending deep and ensuring there is no space to get behind them.

Even if we score early they don't change their set up and will rely on a set piece or a counter attack to score.

Only when we go 2 ahead will I feel comfortable.

Difficult 90 mins ahead, but I'm looking for a 2-0 win.

Latest posts

Back