Match Thread St Mirren v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

We were all frustrated by the 1st half, but anyone could see the difference in the 2nd, much better tempo, completely controlled it and doesn’t matter when you score - more than deserved the 2 goals in the 2nd half.
We scored 1 goal since the Spartan game. It was looking like another 0-0

Absolutely disgraceful second yellow for Candeias - can’t appeal against it but can strongly comment on it in post match interviews.

Just that on sky myself - anyone see what candieas done?

Saw Ferdinand being a prick and Samson giving him a hug, but other than that?!

Mental
Ferdinand made a point of moving towards Candeias, grabbed him round the neck and had a grab at his jaw and Candeias didn't retaliate in the slightest and they both get booked.
Fkn ridiculous decision but because it's two yellows rather than a straight red, I don't think it can be recinded.
Cheating...pure and simple!

If something isn’t said by the club about that quite outrageous red card then we might as well chuck it right now, every week we watch teams kicking, pushing, snarling at us and we end up will more cards them there’s something far wrong.

Who made this stupid rule up about not being able to appeal a yellow card. It's perfectly reasonable, especially these days, for a referee to get two yellow cards wrong never mind one. Every single decision a referee makes should be available for appeal. Refs need to be made accountable for each and every one of their decisions.

To win league you need to win when not playing well. A win, 3 points, move up a position in league, we'll take it and move on to next game
Said the same after Hamilton. We won't be away with continually playing shit against better teams.

Was proven right in midweek. Yes the 3 points are welcome but performances need to improve.

That cûnt of a ref 100% MUST call SG and apologies at the very least
He should also approach his supervisor and ask to withdraw the card

Collum needs to be called to task for that. He should be banned for a couple of weeks. We had four bookings today, all questionable and not given to other teams.

Any chance the folk in the house can stop listening to the braindead / agenda wankery of Andy Walker

Steven Gerrard - the wind the wind the wind

Happy to get in at halftime level and let wind go in in favour

As I said at half time

I think (and it's being harsh on Candeias) that it looks like he's said something while running over to celebrate. It's a part of the game that players are going to wind each other up and say things that annoy the opposition. Instead of just getting on with it, Ferdinand seems to have taken it personally and then you see him grab Candeias. If you're really booking Candeias for that then it's going to be 22 bookings a game. We should be questioning Collum for this. Absolutely terrible decision.

Explain go on the floor is yours!!

Well how about this. Highest ranked defender in the Europa League, top of our assist charts every season, always around the top of the scoring charts, only one of our players teams down south are sniffing around, made club captain by Steven Gerrard. Should I go on?

Ridiculous 2nd yellow. Candeias gave a bit of lip to Ferdinand and that is it. James McFadden says it was very harsh and Ferdinand was at fault.

Excellent, Morelos was fecking outstanding. A lot of patience to keep going and going, I was really impressed with that.

Some of the critic on here is fucking typical rangers support fuckwitism we are cursed with.

All’s well that ends well - maybe not in reality as that first half was a nightmare.
Up until the last few minutes of the match I was imagining what the nuclear fallout would be like on here over the next few days! As it is we’re contented if not happy.

listen we all know Collum is a dirty cheating wee Catholic fecker. He will dutifully trot off to mass tonight go into confession full of guilt about having failed in his duties and sending Candieas off. He will be absolved and come out already to do it again.

Well how about this. Highest ranked defender in the Europa League, top of our assist charts every season, always around the top of the scoring charts, only one of our players teams down south are sniffing around, made club captain by Steven Gerrard. Should I go on?

You left out consistently causes goals gets caught at the back post constantly Motherwell this season and in every qualifying round every side went after him and got in time and time again.

Excellent, Morelos was fecking outstanding. A lot of patience to keep going and going, I was really impressed with that.

Some of the critic on here is fucking typical rangers support fuckwitism we are cursed with.

Let's not kid ourselves on here. That was a terrible performance for much of that match. I'm as delighted as everyone else about the three points but it shouldn't mask the fact we should be playing an AWFUL lot better than that.

our club need to come out screaming now ,we have to lose a player for no reason whatsoever ,we can rightly bring up the halliday one at Morton, and throw into the mix the carry on at tynecastle last week, at the very least our player and our club must receive a public apology and an acknowledgement that he did no wrong

All that may well be, but today Tav was honking until Candeias came on, then he was like a different player. They play so well together.

An utter piss poor performance but at least we get to use our get out of jail card that keeps our season alive.
The club need to call Collum out for the red card decision. It looks like sour grapes from him just because we won it late on.

As
Let's not kid ourselves on here. That was a terrible performance for much of that match. I'm as delighted as everyone else about the three points but it shouldn't mask the fact we should be playing an AWFUL lot better than that.
as I said, you’re a case in point cheers

Aye and ma wife should be given me the ride of my life every night. Away form still concerning and a lot to do to improve but at end of day winning and 3 points is everything at the moment

I think (and it's being harsh on Candeias) that it looks like he's said something while running over to celebrate. It's a part of the game that players are going to wind each other up and say things that annoy the opposition. Instead of just getting on with it, Ferdinand seems to have taken it personally and then you see him grab Candeias. If you're really booking Candeias for that then it's going to be 22 bookings a game. We should be questioning Collum for this. Absolutely terrible decision.
Collum would have to have heard what was said to act on and he was no where near it plus the incident you mention was a full 15 to 20 seconds before Collum got involved. I doubt he'll offer an explanation for the card but it's beyond staggering that Candias got a yellow for anything there.

We were woeful for the majority of the game. Got out of jail

Some are being way over critical. 2nd half we played well imo - we pressed higher, created chances and fought and battled all the way. Halliday and Morelos were the standouts.

I think one of the reasons we struggle at times is broken play by the opposition, *****rdly fouls not bad enough to attract a card but collectively they disrupt our flow, also from the start I noticed at dead ball situations St boo's reluctance to get on with it in particular their goal keeper at bye kicks I timed one at a minute, a marked diff when they went behind, understandable but it highlighted their tactics, also the ref at the end ushering one of our players off the park after being subbed, no probs with that but why not all the time as the St boo subs looked like they were taking a curtain call rather than being substituted, one rule for all Mr Ref.

Back