Match Thread St Mirren v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

First half was the worst I’ve seen us all season. Second half was so much better and could have been more goals. Even Grezda looked good second half.

Just so your clear dear, I was really impressed how we kept pressing in the 2nd half, patience and didn’t lose control. Morelos was outstanding.

And the over the top panty wetting is childlike naive fuckwittery

Aye you're totally right. We were really impressive today. If we play like that every week we'll have a great season.

Thinking any different is childlike naive fuckwittery.

AND I got called "dear", I just don't know how i'll sleep tonight.

Wasnt easy to watch at times,ad say 85 mins worth but we are low on confidence and nervy and it shows at times.. we wont win games all the time by quick passing n tikki takki football.. we need to learn to win ugly .Will say only one thing about the team or single out a player.. tav the jersey and naybee being captain is maybee too much to bare.
You are taking too much on free kicks corners etc.. We took the arm band off amo and to be honest he improved and a huge weight was off his shoulders.
Im still not convinced by our centre half pairing.. also another good show by haliday.. .

Grinded that out

But thats what we need to do

Beats silky football with no end product

Early goal/s and high tempo from the off is essential against teams that sit in

If you dont they just settle in the game and their shell.

Let's not kid ourselves on here. That was a terrible performance for much of that match. I'm as delighted as everyone else about the three points but it shouldn't mask the fact we should be playing an AWFUL lot better than that.
We should be playing better. But the second half was excellent against a team playing out their skin cause The Rangers were in town. Much to improve on but really good to see us fight and take the game. Much better 2nd half.

Aye you're totally right. We were really impressive today. If we play like that every week we'll have a great season.

we won 2-0 in atrocious conditions when confidence was low and nothing seemed to be dropping for us against another team sitting in against us I think we,ll do fine the rest of the season

we won 2-0 in atrocious conditions when confidence was low and nothing seemed to be dropping for us against another team sitting in against us I think we,ll do fine the rest of the season

As I said i'm delighted with the win. But there's still big problems in the team that need to be addressed.

I don't think it's ridiculous to point that out.

Maybe i'm just bringing people down at a time when we need some optimism though? I'll bow out.

A game away from home in shit conditions and on the back of a few disappointing displays.... which we comfortably closed out in the second half.

The Rangers won 2-0 lads. The usual suspects still seem upset at that......
Same wankers every week. I love that guys that vanish after we score. Loathe to call these miserable bastards 'fans', they clearly don't enjoy the sport.

I forgot about the early KO and only saw the second half, but it was all Rangers and we could have scored a couple more. We need to score earlier to calm the nerves but there was only one team in the game I watched.

It was always goingvto be a game of 2 halfs today due to that strong wind. We played well 2nd half and if Goldson scores his header or we score from the scramble we win 3 or 4 nil. Onwards to Moscow

A must win game and we won.Not pretty but 3 points and some confidence ahead of Moscow.I'll take that right now.We'll save the tiki taka stuff for the Europa League final.:p
Oh,and I hope SG takes Gollum to task for some disgraceful refereeing today,especially the sending off.

No worries dude

As I said i'm delighted with the win. But there's still big problems in the team that need to be addressed.

I don't think it's ridiculous to point that out.

Maybe i'm just bringing people down at a time when we need some optimism though? I'll bow out.
its been a long road back and we aren't there yet ,the rest of our wonderful wee country will take great delight in any set back for us so we should maybe retain some balance , not suggesting you aren't but for some on here theres no middle ground we are either crap or brilliant

its been a long road back and we aren't there yet ,the rest of our wonderful wee country will take great delight in any set back for us so we should maybe retain some balance , not suggesting you aren't but for some on here theres no middle ground we are either crap or brilliant

I understand what you're saying but similarly there's no middle ground, no nuance in how we debate on here about performances. You either think we won so therefore we were good or we lose and we are the worst team ever.

I dunno what's more annoying; people who go over the top with their criticisms or the people who piss and moan about the people who criticise.

I understand what you're saying but similarly there's no middle ground, no nuance in how we debate on here about performances. You either think we won so therefore we were good or we lose and we are the worst team ever.

I dunno what's more annoying; people who go over the top with their criticisms or the people who piss and moan about the people who criticise.
I hear what your saying , think yours was far from the worst comment on here and im guessing it was said from a position of frustration and years of the let downs we have experienced lets just enjoy the win and look forward to the day when we finally lift a trophy again

Terrible in the first half, better in the 2nd half. Still miles off where we need to be.

3 points was a must today and we got there in the end.

I hear what your saying , think yours was far from the worst comment on here and im guessing it was said from a position of frustration and years of the let downs we have experienced lets just enjoy the win and look forward to the day when we finally lift a trophy again

Amen to that.

Huge result today but it's papering over the cracks.
No excuuse for that 1st 1/2 against a team in 11th place. A turgid,woeful performance.

"teams don't sit in against Rangers away from home"

"St Mirren didn't sit in and try to frustrate Rangers"

There's bad punditry then there is someone who has no idea what he is talking about. Jesus, this guy is a coach of our national team!

Who said that!?

No excuuse for that 1st 1/2 against a team in 11th place. A turgid,woeful performance.

It’s not papering over anything. We’re in a rut and we need to improve and get out of it, we know it, the manager knows it, the players know it.

3 points in difficult conditions on a poor run of form. Go whip open a bag of revels or something and enjoy your night.

As Collum couldn’t influence any of those goals, he was at risk of losing his Peter payment. At least he’ll get something in his envelope for sending off a Rangers player.

We need professional referees. When refs are paid a low amount, they are far more susceptible to corruption.

Build up far to slow , need to push further up pitch to give Morelos support. Ejaria only midfielder with vision Jack and Arfield too similar and Nothing offered down left hand side . Depressing !
is Andy Wanker a big St Boo fan?

seemed so during that match.........
Andy Wanker is an anybody but Rangers fan . His bias against us is embarrassing to say the least

We’ll deserved 3 points. Let’s see what happens re Morelos and Candeias. Bet the sfa will sweep both under carpet.

Build up far to slow , need to push further up pitch to give Morelos support. Ejaria only midfielder with vision Jack and Arfield too similar and Nothing offered down left hand side . Depressing !

Andy Wanker is an anybody but Rangers fan . His bias against us is embarrassing to say the least

we won

we will have better days, first half was terrible, 2nd was better

im in no way depressed lol

Jesus Christ

Just seen what candeias was actually sent off for.

That’s worse than halliday’s. And that’s bloody saying something

Ffs, just about a whole new team, new manager and staff and only about a couple of dozen games in. I'd have killed to be where we are considering the last half dozen years of f#cking agony.

A hard watch and an uninspiring performance, however a welcome 3 points.
I can't quite work out if the players are letting the manager down or vice versa. Prima facie our squad looks far superior to last seasons, yet we're still facing the same issues when faced with stubborn defences.
In saying that, I'll settle for boring 2-0 wins for the rest of the season :D

Woeful game but good 3 points.

Worse corruption i have seen from a ref for the red.

Ejaria was utter woeful again.

The less said about Gredza the better.

Last edited:
Same wankers every week. I love that guys that vanish after we score. Loathe to call these miserable bastards 'fans', they clearly don't enjoy the sport.

We hit the post and also had that shooty-in incident. Could easily have been 4-0. And yet folk would still have been moaning.

Stevie G's first season and a major rebuilding exercise. If we can hang in there until the last round of games then we will be in with a chance of winning this league. If that happens and we win every game between now and May 1-0 and boring everyone shitless in the process then I will still be fucking ecstatic. The lad has a 4 year deal. Let's see where we are 18 months and 3 transfer windows into that before we start moaning about not being Barcelona.

As Collum couldn’t influence any of those goals, he was at risk of losing his Peter payment. At least he’ll get something in his envelope for sending off a Rangers player.

We need professional referees. When refs are paid a low amount, they are far more susceptible to corruption.

I know the point you're making, but its still something like £800 per game. Its not a pittance on an hourly basis.

I don't believe its the money. I think they are just shit / biased (in some cases) period.

Laboured to beat a St Mirren side that have been terrible all season. Little improvement today, second half was better but final balls and finishing have to improve.

We kept going though and didn’t give up. Eventually - despite the quality - we get rewarded for constant pressure.

Back