Match Thread St Mirren v Rangers - 12:30 Saturday - Sky Sports

I know the point you're making, but its still something like £800 per game. Its not a pittance on an hourly basis.

I don't believe its the money. I think they are just shit / biased (in some cases) period.

At such a low figure, then it is easy enough to double that figure for a few favourable decisions. If they were paid properly as a full time job, then it would be more difficult to influence them.

At such a low figure, then it is easy enough to double that figure for a few favourable decisions. If they were paid properly as a full time job, then it would be more difficult to influence them.

Need to agree to disagree on that one. Despite how it looks at times I don't seriously believe any of them are paid off in backhanders to influence games.

I'm not saying that there isn't pressure put upon them. But actual financial bribery? Can't see it tbh.

Arguably, you could even turn it right round and say if they were getting say £100k per season from the SFA / SPFL then they would arguably be in greater "debt" to those running the game.

None of this takes away from the shite decisions we seem to be on the end of though.

Need to agree to disagree on that one. Despite how it looks at times I don't seriously believe any of them are paid off in backhanders to influence games.

I'm not saying that there isn't pressure put upon them. But actual financial bribery? Can't see it tbh.

Arguably, you could even turn it right round and say if they were getting say £100k per season from the SFA / SPFL then they would arguably be in greater "debt" to those running the game.

None of this takes away from the shite decisions we seem to be on the end of though.

I used to think the same but in the last 2 years the decions they have been making can not be excused as mistakes.

They are either being paid to make decisions against us or they simply hate us so much that they can’t be impartial.

I used to think the same but in the last 2 years the decions they have been making can not be excused as mistakes.

They are either being paid to make decisions against us or they simply hate us so much that they can’t be impartial.

So paying them even more to hate us then mate?

Like I say, I can understand a view that we need full time professional refs. I just don't think that's the issue when it comes to us though.

Full-time English or foreign refs.... THAT might be worth looking at more closely......

Pleased with the win. A bit of luck for the goal defo a cross not a shot but i'll take it and Alfredo with the clincher hopefully does wonders for confidence and we can kick on now.

He’s not a bombscare mate, far from it.

In fact, there’s nothing between him and Goldson in terms of who’s better.

giphy.gif

It wasn’t pretty today that’s for sure but it was always about points over performance. Thankful two moments of inspired genius saw us get the win

Just relieved to get the win today- as some alluded to earlier it had all the hallmarks of a Warburton game- difference was that we persisted and got the breakthrough with a wee bit of luck. That said we were all over them second half without creating loads of chances and it evened out the bizarre display from the referee.

dire performance again overall but at least we kept going today, wednesday night we just gave up

we're generally not ruthless enough, too slow in the build up not willing to take on and beat a man

i wonder if we're just looking for a second wind or if this is just a really dire squad that needs real quality brought in

Who was he crossing it too? Nobody was there

I can think of at least four crosses that he played against Aberdeen last Sunday where he did not even look before he hit it. There was also the ludicrous 35 yard shot from left of centre. Wee Danny tries harder than anyone in that team but his crossing/final ball is poor, anyway there was somebody there.

I can think of at least four crosses that he played against Aberdeen last Sunday where he did not even look before he hit it. There was also the ludicrous 35 yard shot from left of centre. Wee Danny tries harder than anyone in that team but his crossing/final ball is poor, anyway there was somebody there.
Do you actually support Rangers pal?..We won the game and I don't give a %^*& how we won it,but you obviously do

I'm Belgian so I've been following the corruption/match fixing scandal here and it's incredible how refs can be bribed. It doesn't have to be cash, often its just presents like watches, discounts on purchases at 'friendly' stores,...

About the game today: Tough, but so, so deserved.

I'm Belgian so I've been following the corruption/match fixing scandal here and it's incredible how refs can be bribed. It doesn't have to be cash, often its just presents like watches, discounts on purchases at 'friendly' stores,...

About the game today: Tough, but so, so deserved.

Not saying its impossible mate. However I think it would be highly unlikely that it would not be discovered in the goldfish bowl of scottish football. I still think it is more likely that it is down to sheer incompetence in parallel with some level of subconscious bias with certain referees, rather than some grand conspiracy which sees them being bought off. I just think it would leak somewhere along the line.

Just watched the game there...
Candeias can't appeal the sending off as it was two yellows.. second yellow an absolute joke.
Collum should be downgraded for that.

Back