MOTM Poll St Mirren v Rangers - 15:00 Wednesday - RangersTV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
That today was an extremely important win. St Boo have been playing well during the past 5 weeks and were really up for it today. Well done, Rangers.

Today we were solidly efficient without being spectacular.
Another 3 points and another clean sheet will do nicely thank you very much.
Again my MOTM was a toss up between Kamara and Aribo and it came out tails so Aribo won!

Hagi - jumped over the 2 St boo players trying to kick him and passed into the space for Roofe. First to find the critical space again. Great prospect.

Some good performances today. Alfie, Borna & Hagi in particular, but gave MOTM to Big Fil. Thought he was excellent throughout.
Made Borna my motm today. Seemed to constantly be mopping up after others making mistakes,

Also at risk of starting some people off - I love McGregor but he gave me the fear at least 3 times today. Particularly at corners/free kicks. He needs to deal with crosses better

That's another enormous result. So pleasing to get a couple away from home and right a wrong too. My only concern is Kent's form. Keeps losing the ball.

Made Borna my motm today. Seemed to constantly be mopping up after others making mistakes,

Also at risk of starting some people off - I love McGregor but he gave me the fear at least 3 times today. Particularly at corners/free kicks. He needs to deal with crosses better
And that one when he miss read the ball coming back to him and allowed the boo player to get it. Think a wee bit of pee came out.

Controlled performance, once we got the second we were never dropping points. Another game closer.

Thought Barisic played very well, my MOTM but can’t argue with Helander.
Mentioned that to my dad that Borna's defensive performance today was excellent. The gap that lately has allowed some dangerous crosses was definitely closed today.

Kamara motm for me.

Wouldn't have been too fussed if he were to be sold in the summer there but he's arguably one of the first names on the teamsheet now.

I thought Kamara was the best player on the park today and was the biggest reason we dominated the ball.
But I've voted Barisic for MOTM as even though we dominated the ball, we did that last time. The big difference was their quick winger who gave Bassey such a torrid time in the cup tie was in Borna's pocket.

Slow, nervous start but a crucial 3 points.
Kamara MOTM for me, amongst a few solid performances, Borna, Helander, Davis, but no one outstanding.
Think we need to up our game for Saturday, and I expect we will. Bring on the filth.

Glad we got three points but performance wise I thought it piss poor for the majority of the game.

We made them look good this was after they had spent the first 15-20 minutes diving & feigning contact , Tavs Ludicrous booking summed up Glum Jim's pre match ramblings regarding how this game would be officiated certainly wouldn't have disappointed him as yet another puppet masquerading as an official toes the party line & there's no disrepute charge to answer.

All in all a good day for the moany faced sneaky Bastard but as usual his type of football tactics are lauded the amount of diving from these cheating fucks was bordering on disgraceful dive after dive going unpunished how bad does the officiating get before action is taken as well as the usual amount of shitebag seconds with elbows & tackling from behind they are a shower of dirty bastards who clearly deserve what they are dishing out.

Ill happily say here & now our team are prone to the shite diving tactics of which I hate to see our players resort to it & Ive called out certain players who fall on their arse rather than keep a good run going when we are on the attack as all it does is allow their defence to regroup be it a corner,throw in or free kick gained the latter rarely in a favourable position.

Today was shit in all honesty I wanted them to ram the message home to those Bastards given the contempt they hold our team in & SG really should've addressed that Wankstains comments even if we answered the cunts by way of goals as a precedent has been set it what constitutes bringing the game into disrepute as cunts like Goodwin doing it through the press was no different to what SG said in fact it was even more pointed in what it alluded to at match officials .

Our passing today was woeful in the final third time & again players in space ignored who happened to be in great space yet were ignored in favour of the idiotic side pass that at times had the through pass been made would have cancelled out two or three players in one stroke but as usual Aribo,Kamara & Davis out wide faffed about far too often imo .

How they are even considered in the 60 or 70% pass marks given that continual indecision beats me it took weeks for others to see Kent was making the same mistakes running out wide allowing himself to get boxed in when he has the skill & footwork to buy a yard in a split second so when our midfielders do similar its no big deal yet its cost us possession with defenders put under undue pressure with counter attacks leading to a good number of goals that must now be in double figures going back to the double header against Benfica .

Every team since has that sussed if they apply enough pressure again not helped by pedestrian passing that inevitably goes out wide allowing players back in front of the ball to defend again .

Probing is one thing allied with patience . but we are continually being caught in possession in the middle of the park because the ball isn't being moved about swiftly enough in the right direction the spare man is there in space but is overlooked as Borna or Tav have barely provided the level of crosses the last few games as they had previously so The Midfield is charged with provision most of the time its an area badly needing tweaked in regards to passing short & long as well as taking a ball into feet & making something of it not letting it squirm away thus giving away possession.

its been dogging us for weeks despite the results and could ultimately be our real undoing in a do or die game or competition & opposition teams see it with their pressing of those not showing a consistent display in passing or ball retention a lot in part because they are too pedestrian at the wrong time in a key areas of the park which in turn opposition players see it & pounce on it .

We are & have been a great side at times this season untouchable in most areas of our game but these wee things will come back & bite us in the arse unless we sort it out as better teams have already capitalised on it so why make it easier at all.

Roll on Saturday :cool:

Tempted to give Alfie MOTM but I think that was mainly due to seeing him score again but went for Kamara, class act

Glad we got three points but performance wise I thought it piss poor for the majority of the game.

We made them look good this was after they had spent the first 15-20 minutes diving & feigning contact , Tavs Ludicrous booking summed up Glum Jim's pre match ramblings regarding how this game would be officiated certainly wouldn't have disappointed him as yet another puppet masquerading as an official toes the party line & there's no disrepute charge to answer.

All in all a good day for the moany faced sneaky Bastard but as usual his type of football tactics are lauded the amount of diving from these cheating fucks was bordering on disgraceful dive after dive going unpunished how bad does the officiating get before action is taken as well as the usual amount of shitebag seconds with elbows & tackling from behind they are a shower of dirty bastards who clearly deserve what they are dishing out.

Ill happily say here & now our team are prone to the shite diving tactics of which I hate to see our players resort to it & Ive called out certain players who fall on their arse rather than keep a good run going when we are on the attack as all it does is allow their defence to regroup be it a corner,throw in or free kick gained the latter rarely in a favourable position.

Today was shit in all honesty I wanted them to ram the message home to those Bastards given the contempt they hold our team in & SG really should've addressed that Wankstains comments even if we answered the cunts by way of goals as a precedent has been set it what constitutes bringing the game into disrepute as cunts like Goodwin doing it through the press was no different to what SG said in fact it was even more pointed in what it alluded to at match officials .

Our passing today was woeful in the final third time & again players in space ignored who happened to be in great space yet were ignored in favour of the idiotic side pass that at times had the through pass been made would have cancelled out two or three players in one stroke but as usual Aribo,Kamara & Davis out wide faffed about far too often imo .

How they are even considered in the 60 or 70% pass marks given that continual indecision beats me it took weeks for others to see Kent was making the same mistakes running out wide allowing himself to get boxed in when he has the skill & footwork to buy a yard in a split second so when our midfielders do similar its no big deal yet its cost us possession with defenders put under undue pressure with counter attacks leading to a good number of goals that must now be in double figures going back to the double header against Benfica .

Every team since has that sussed if they apply enough pressure again not helped by pedestrian passing that inevitably goes out wide allowing players back in front of the ball to defend again .

Probing is one thing allied with patience . but we are continually being caught in possession in the middle of the park because the ball isn't being moved about swiftly enough in the right direction the spare man is there in space but is overlooked as Borna or Tav have barely provided the level of crosses the last few games as they had previously so The Midfield is charged with provision most of the time its an area badly needing tweaked in regards to passing short & long as well as taking a ball into feet & making something of it not letting it squirm away thus giving away possession.

its been dogging us for weeks despite the results and could ultimately be our real undoing in a do or die game or competition & opposition teams see it with their pressing of those not showing a consistent display in passing or ball retention a lot in part because they are too pedestrian at the wrong time in a key areas of the park which in turn opposition players see it & pounce on it .

We are & have been a great side at times this season untouchable in most areas of our game but these wee things will come back & bite us in the arse unless we sort it out as better teams have already capitalised on it so why make it easier at all.

Roll on Saturday :cool:
I'll have a look at your post tomorrow if I can find a spare hour.

Think we have looked a bit nervy since the cup defeat but managed nine points from three games without losing a goal, whereas in previous seasons this may have been the point where the wheels would have came off. Would have been happier going into the next game with Arfield and Jack fully fit. On the other hand, they have steadied the ship but still have a crap keeper and a dodgy defence so still see us as favourite's on the day

Thought we started slow today, but certainly grew into the game. Ideal for pre match with the mentally challengeds. Thought Big Helander was awesome

Back