St Mirren v Rangers League Cup Wednesday 16th December 8pm kick-off Live on Premier Sports

rangeral

Tuesday December 15
Alloa Athletic v Hibernian - Premier Sports, kick-off 8.00pm
Dunfermline Athletic v St Johnstone, kick-off 7.45pm

Wednesday December 16
Livingston v Ross County, kick-off 7.45pm
St Mirren v Rangers - Premier Sports, kick-off 8.00pm

In the event of a draw

In the event of a draw after normal time, extra time of 30 minutes (i.e. 15 minutes each way) will take place and thereafter, if necessary, kicks from the penalty mark

Semi-final draw

The draw for the Betfred Cup semi-finals will be made live on Premier Sports following their coverage of St Mirren v Rangers on Wednesday December 16

Dates for future rounds

Semi-finals – Weekend of January 23/24
Final – Sunday February 28

Last edited:
Really annoying the final isn't until the end of February, would have been nice to lift the trophy before the new year.

Obviously not taking anything for granted but we should be winning this.
yeah just issue of fitting into a fixture schedule due to the later start to the competition

Ironic that this weekend would have been the Final had we still had the normal life we knew

S/F date we are due to play Ross County at Ibrox on 23rd
Final on three 28 Feb we are due to play Livingston away on 27th

Really annoying the final isn't until the end of February, would have been nice to lift the trophy before the new year.

Obviously not taking anything for granted but we should be winning this.
There are multiple free midweeks in January. They could've stuck the semi in a midweek game and then then moved a January game for the final.

yeah just issue of fitting into a fixture schedule due to the later start to the competition

Ironic that this weekend would have been the Final had we still had the normal life we knew

I still remember last years final. It was Lundy day parade in Londonderry on the Saturday and then off to the final in Glasgow on the Sunday. To say I was hungover to the balls travelling over to the game was an understatement lol. But how the hell we managed to lose that final last year I still don’t know. One of my most gutting old firms to date

I still remember last years final. It was Lundy day parade in Londonderry on the Saturday and then off to the final in Glasgow on the Sunday. To say I was hungover to the balls travelling over to the game was an understatement lol. But how the hell we managed to lose that final last year I still don’t know. One of my most gutting old firms to date
Complete freak game. We could play that game 100 more times and 99 times we win by 4 or 5. Just one of those games.

I paraded mate then we watched it in the Kneebreakers in Antrim before we flew home.
Gave a few beggars it tight back in Glasgow Airport.

RFC on shirt
Petrofac still gleaming
A decade of hurt
Never stopped me dreaming
It’s coming home
It’s coming home
It’s coming
Betfred coming home

Are Premier Sports showing all of the league cup games?
I think they had the rights to show three games from this round but have decided to only go with two(us and Hibs) and then both semis and the final. Could be wrong.

Disappointing on their part to not take up all available games at this stage given that no fans can attend the games but we all know that they have absolutely zero interest in growing the game up here and it's all about getting as many viewers as possible with costs as low as possible. With that in mind then they it almost certainly makes business sense for them not to pick up the extra game given that viewer numbers would likely be awful. Another brilliant, forward thinking decision from the visionaries at the SPFL(or SFA, whoever awards the rights).

Cheers mate. Is it that simple? I don't have to set up a false country or anything? If it's just as you say I'll give that a bash.
@Valley Bluenose always has good info, if he can be arsed typing it out again
Ha ha. Always happy to help. However, I don't have any experience of the VPN inbuilt with Opera browser. What I will say is that you would NORMALLY have to select another country in order for the RangersTV service to work. You have to be outside the UK and RoI for example, so selecting France, Belgium or The Netherlands is usually best. Not sure how you do that on Opera - others will advise.

As with most, if not all, free VPNs the quality may not be the best and you may get buffering or breaking-up.

I think they had the rights to show three games from this round but have decided to only go with two(us and Hibs) and then both semis and the final. Could be wrong.

Disappointing on their part to not take up all available games at this stage given that no fans can attend the games but we all know that they have absolutely zero interest in growing the game up here and it's all about getting as many viewers as possible with costs as low as possible. With that in mind then they it almost certainly makes business sense for them not to pick up the extra game given that viewer numbers would likely be awful. Another brilliant, forward thinking decision from the visionaries at the SPFL(or SFA, whoever awards the rights).

Yes they could have a 3rd game but opted not to. The other 2 games can be made PPV by the home club

SPFL own the rights and awarded them to Premier Sports who can select upto 16 live games

Ha ha. Always happy to help. However, I don't have any experience of the VPN inbuilt with Opera browser. What I will say is that you would NORMALLY have to select another country in order for the RangersTV service to work. You have to be outside the UK and RoI for example, so selecting France, Belgium or The Netherlands is usually best. Not sure how you do that on Opera - others will advise.

As with most, if not all, free VPNs the quality may not be the best and you may get buffering or breaking-up.
With Opera go the the little cog wheel on the left for settings then go to advanced settings and switch on the VPN , it is free.
Job done and you will find yourself in Scandinavia .
You are then good to go and you can log in to watch the game on RTV.

With Opera go the the little cog wheel on the left for settings then go to advanced settings and switch on the VPN , it is free.
Job done and you will find yourself in Scandinavia .
You are then good to go and you can log in to watch the game on RTV.

Do you ever get buffering problems using that browser?

Do you ever get buffering problems using that browser?
I’d never recommend a free VPN as the experience can be variable. If you get buffering then sometimes going to the Settings cog when streaming on RangersTV and switching from Auto to 1080p - or even lower - can help. I’ve been at 360p in the past.

Back