St Pauli v Hamburger SV, 19.30 ko, BT Sport 1

There's a huge gap between the second tier and Bundesliga 1, from what I've seen watching HSV this season. If they get promoted it'll be all about survival next season.

The more things change the more they stay the same

80dfdefa91695e43426b14777bc8035d.png

Can watch live for free on Skybet, all you have to do is log in and go to the match screen.

No a great standard but a fairly even game. One if those ones that needs fans to lift it. Hamburg will need to strengthen a lot when they get promoted.

Anyone an idea on the budgets for HSV ? I’d imagined they could still be sizeable and offer them the chance to be quite strong

Well, it had its moments, but mainly at the wrong end. HSV need to get themselves sorted during the break, they're absent in midfield and giving SP too much room around the box.

It's time to get "All men on board!"

Not a great first half.. Although a win would be great .. a draw is not the end of the world. St Pauli are certainly a bogey side for HSV at present.

First reaction was penalty, replay showed it probably isn’t.

However, I honestly wouldn’t have been surprised if it was given for the way he lunged in.

He does block the shot, but in terms of actually ‘tackling’ he does follow right through and takes out the mentally challenged.

At first I thought so but in the replay it seemed to me he was in full control of the tackle and the St Pauli player went down.

Even seeing it 2 or 3 times I still think it is.

The freeze frame when going to the VAR was enough, he's about 6 inches off the ground going in with studs up.

He played the ball surely ?

That doesn't really matter here, to me the HSV player was "lunging" with high feet.

To the letter of the law that's foul play.

Doesn't matter really in the end, but that's certainly how I viewed it.

Back