Stade Reums club Dr commits suicide after contracting Covid-19.

Doesn't sound like he committed suicide because he had the virus. Obviously had a lot of other mental health issues going on.

Sad news nonetheless.

Very sad. Many people will suffer mental health issues as a result of the current situation. Hopefully that can still get access to the help they need.

Feeling it myself.
Lack of routine.
Possible financial issues.
Trying to maintain my family life as before.
Have depression for ongoing 24 years.
Need to try and stay positive but it isn't so easy when your thoughts run faster than ever with no work to distract them
The best thing you can do is make a new routine mate, what about a list of DIY and chores? What about creating a to do list for the future? Think about volunteering too if you can, there are many people out there who could do with your help and that in itself will in turn help your mental health.

keep yer chin up buddy, but work to find a new routine if you can.

Feeling it myself.
Lack of routine.
Need to try and stay positive but it isn't so easy when your thoughts run faster than ever with no work to distract them
If you ever want a chat, dm me and we can swap numbers buddy. You’re not alone in this

I don’t know the guys circumstances but it seems likely Covid drove him over the edge rather than being the reason for his suicide. I was listening to someone last night talk about the importance of keeping a routine going in these time. I dare say it’s critical if you suffer from clinical depression. Very often contact with others is what keeps you going.

It’s a bit off topic but I found out the importance of it myself today. I slept in and was effectively late for work, missing a scheduled confrence call. I could blame it on tiredness and the fact I’ve been working 10-12 hr days since this quarantine started. However, given yesterday was Sunday it’s more likely the fact I’ve been staying up all hours since being forced to stay home. Need to try and get back to a regular sleep pattern before it starts causing me real problems.

The message coming from experts is that mental health effects of this will be felt for a long time after the disease has gone so hopefully there is huge investments in these fields to combat it

Feeling it myself.
Lack of routine.

Obviously unsure of your situation mate but I’ve always found exercise helps to clear the head when you’ve got a lot on, even a 10 minute walk down the street can help think clearer, making to do lists and setting challenges for the day is also an easy way of passing time. Keep the chin up bud, it’ll get easier.

Feeling it myself.
Lack of routine.
Please exercise as much as your body and mind will let you, lay off the booze and drink at least 4 lts. of water daily
When things get really tough remember the patients in hospital and when this virus is over vow to do something to better their lives.
Remember it’s better to give than to get.Don't forget there is a huge family behind you on this site.

Feeling it myself.
Lack of routine.

Never struggled like it mate, and that's without any MH concerns prior to this shit show. I think MH might harms as many folk as covid 19 in the coming months.

As someone who's suffered with depression/anxiety since my late teens, this has been tough to contend with due to lack of regular routine and every time you look at the news it's something negative. It's very easy to find yourself falling down the rabbit hole.

Sounds like this chap has had pre-existing issues and this has just tipped him over the edge.

Horrible! Thoughts are with his family.

If you ever want a chat, dm me and we can swap numbers buddy. You’re not alone in this
Likewise buddy, wife and I are psychiatric nurses and for over 70 years between us.
We know it's hard, we find it difficult ourselves at times, but as bishybear has said speak to people, exercise and certainly utilise family, friends or someone you don't really know ( as some people find it easier to talk to someone that they have no connection too.)
All contact is confidential so no need to worry about that,
Take care stay safe and healthy

Back