Stadium Improvments

To the add to the Improvements we've bought a big ball.

D6zHpQuW0AE-ygO.jpg

Further to my above original post, I can confirm that "Main Stand Refurbishment" contract covers changing the "Warm Up Area" to a "Players & Wives Lounge", a bigger managers office and shower room. Surely not top priority for a half a million quid...Given the other works going on around the stadium we must be spending a bloody fortune.
Yet you’ll get folk on here saying “theres other prioritys for the board” when talking about safe standing.

A players & wives lounge ffs. :D Top priority.

Yet you’ll get folk on here saying “theres other prioritys for the board” when talking about safe standing.

A players & wives lounge ffs. :D Top priority.

Speaking of players and wives you wonder if these would be allowed in a new weekly Rangers News

Had these on my imagur page for a while :)

( scroll right or down )

Last edited:
success on the field first to give us the income to do the following

safe standing on the lower decks of the stands, maybe starting with east / west enclosure, as long as it didnt affect stadium capacity . i think since all seaters came in, the atmosphere has died at most games

museum / ticket office.

upgrading the external look of the stadium as well as working with council to improve the immediate area around the stadium and some of the surrounding areas to make even the walk to the game a bit more enjoyable, sometimes feel like your in an run down industrial estate at times

I agree. Hanging about for over an hour in the freezing cold with 70s catering from old vans isn't a great great fun. OK it sort of is coz I am going to see the Gers so I get that.

However after going to an LA Galaxy game I was amazed at how good the yanks can create a brilliant experience pre match. There isn't any clever going on. Just nice modern (clean) facilities, shops, cafes, bars, entertainment etc. People spending fortunes everywhere. People hang about after the game using the facilities spending more money. I cant understand why all the space around Ibrox (and even inside) isn't getting used for the fans benefit other than for crap catering and betting. Yeah I know our weather is crap compared to LA but surely that can be catered for with clever infrustructure.

Ibrox is a massive building that costs a fortune to run so why not use it and make money all year every day. A wasted opportunity. Everything about football in Scotland seems stuck in 1960's.

Barasic was £2m and contributes little (arguably!). Think what (at least) £2m could do to create infrastructure benefits for the fans, which will will be repaid many time over until Barasic will be a grandfather. A fan zone is all well and good but we should be thinking much bigger than that. Rangers are a massive brand with a huge customer base i. e. us, so we should be using that for our future. Seems a no brainer to me.

ld suggest electronic advertising similar to the pitchside ones fitted between the upper and lower of the stands. Would look great and maximise income and no need to cover permanent boards for Europe..

The gaffer was talking about the new Desio pitch in his interview the other day. Are Hearts not getting one too this year?

Strange if we were to buck the trend.
I was on the Stadium tour today and Lawrence said the Desio pitch is being put back until next year as the funds are needed for work in the main stand.They got 1 laid at the training centre and the players weren’t happy with it at first(too spongey) but it seemed to settle and they like it now

safe standing on the lower decks of the stands, maybe starting with east / west enclosure, as long as it didnt affect stadium capacity . i think since all seaters came in, the atmosphere has died at most games

museum / ticket office.

upgrading the external look of the stadium as well as working with council to improve the immediate area around the stadium and some of the surrounding areas to make even the walk to the game a bit more enjoyable, sometimes feel like your in an run down industrial estate at times

Great post about the surrounding areas,

See it was around 1989 when Campbell Olgivie made the step up with the Scottish league management from club secretary and brought in Peter Kingstone that’s when like he said in this article below the quality of food e c t was seriously about to change and it did from the players on the park that summer investment wise.

So now reading this thread we have to do the same again maybe though on a tighter budget.

(Had some images loaded up a while back - just click up or down I thought would be good addition to this thread)

It fires footballs out the same way the tennis one fires tennis balls out. Different speeds, different angles - for the players to deal with.

Very smart whom ever built that,

It also makes perfect sense, type of machine you would see a inventor bring on to dragons den before a football club realised its potential.

It must save a lot of energy a ball boy / youth player sending out the balls and improves techniques in so many ways, agility, speed.

Very clever and probably worth every penny ten times over what ever the club paid for it.

Pools money will go towards Stadium upkeep. It will help along with funds from the Board to deliver the 2022 vision Dave King planned out a few years ago.

Memorial Garden,
Edmiston House renovation to accommodate the TO, Museum, needed office space and a Cafe.

Cladding replaced.

New Illuminated Club crest signage on exterior.

Looking to have Edmiston Road closed off past the stadium side and pedestrianised with a Blue walkway, benches, trees etc.

Also looking in to lighting in order to light the place blue in the nights sky.
That sounds fucking tremendous if all true

Is there anyway us as a support can get involved and put ideas across to help create the best for fans going to Ibrox and that can be purchased and maintained within budget

That sounds fucking tremendous if all true

Is there anyway us as a support can get involved and put ideas across to help create the best for fans going to Ibrox and that can be purchased and maintained within budget

This here would make the real change -

“Looking to have Edmiston Road closed off past the stadium side and pedestrianised with a Blue walkway, benches, trees etc.”

Could have like Manchester City have pre match outdoor activities a proper fan zone and many other brilliant opportunities to make money for the club

museum / ticket office.

The museum would be a fantastic opportunity to generate income be it tourists throughout the week or the fans in general I have many images of our famous club to upload.

Hear is a couple of nice examples of medals we could show case

( scroll left or right for scans )

The museum would be a fantastic opportunity to generate income be it tourists throughout the week or the fans in general I have many images of our famous club to upload.

Hear is a couple of nice examples of medals we could show case

( scroll left or right for scans )

I've done a few stadium tours and the museum would be fantastic. Displaying team photo's of years gone by, ex players shirts/boots/gloves if we can source them from the club or families. I think a touch screen area showing clips of famous goals, trophy wins etc would be a treat inside similar to Madrid at the Bernabeu. We have so much history it definitely needs to be displayed for all to come and see.

It would good to try and invest money into the area surrounding the ground to make it a bit more appealing. Things like printing your ticket off at home decreases the stress on the ticket office even them in the East have that where they scan their tickets instead of a steward ripping the ticket. It would save costs as well for stewarding. I just wish we could have a fan zone like they have at Hamburg etc but obviously the council won’t let us.

Newer televisions could be implemented within the concourses with Sky Sports News so fans can check scores.

Another thing which they have in Germany is that fans can use a card that can be topped up with credit which they can scan to allow them to buy food. This would decrease queue times which are really bad during halftime.

A further thing that could be improved upon would be the ability to buy matchday programmes within the stadium as not every fan may be able to go to a vendor in time to buy a programme. This would then increase the sales of programmes and rising stars.

Toilets need to be totally revamped as well and brought into the 21st century. Little things like this makes the place more appealing.

Catering drastically needs improved upon for the amount of money being charged is unacceptable. Having a wider range of high quality products will help improve sales instead of everyone buying a pie.

A further improvement would be the ticket office to actually have a building instead of those portakabins such as Edmiston House where it was originally if I’m correct.

Changing rooms need to be improved both bathing areas and the changing room itself.
Why can’t they take things out of it and keep them for the creation of a museum. I get older fans like the tradition but if we’re going to attract better players they’ll want top of the range facilities.

I was on the Stadium tour today and Lawrence said the Desio pitch is being put back until next year as the funds are needed for work in the main stand.They got 1 laid at the training centre and the players weren’t happy with it at first(too spongey) but it seemed to settle and they like it now
Cheers for the update on the pitch mate. I had been wondering what was happening with the Desio pitch.

It would good to try and invest money into the area surrounding the ground to make it a bit more appealing. Things like printing your ticket off at home decreases the stress on the ticket office even them in the East have that where they scan their tickets instead of a steward ripping the ticket. It would save costs as well for stewarding. I just wish we could have a fan zone like they have at Hamburg etc but obviously the council won’t let us.

Newer televisions could be implemented within the concourses with Sky Sports News so fans can check scores.

Another thing which they have in Germany is that fans can use a card that can be topped up with credit which they can scan to allow them to buy food. This would decrease queue times which are really bad during halftime.

A further thing that could be improved upon would be the ability to buy matchday programmes within the stadium as not every fan may be able to go to a vendor in time to buy a programme. This would then increase the sales of programmes and rising stars.

Toilets need to be totally revamped as well and brought into the 21st century. Little things like this makes the place more appealing.

Catering drastically needs improved upon for the amount of money being charged is unacceptable. Having a wider range of high quality products will help improve sales instead of everyone buying a pie.

A further improvement would be the ticket office to actually have a building instead of those portakabins such as Edmiston House where it was originally if I’m correct.

One third of Edminston House ( the third nearest the Govan Stand side) where the Rangers Pools and Ticket Office used to be is now occupied by Govan Housing Association. The other 2/3rds of the building is mothballed and is in bad nick internally. There are asbestos and damp issues in this section of the building, it will be costly to upgrade, hence why it hasn’t been developed and turned back into a bar etc.

The changing room does need modernised in my opinion. I get that there is a history there that people dont want to lose. But would we rather move our club along with the times and create more history rather than keep basking in former glories??

As people have said above, if done properly the changing rooms could be a thing of beauty. By using the right materials or even using some of the material already in there and refurbing it then we could even retain some of that historic appearance while modernising the place.

I'm all for allowing Gerrard and Allen to implement their ideas as they have been around two of the biggest clubs in World football and seen first hand the facilities that the modern player appreciates or rather, expects.
I think modernising whilst retaining the historical importance can be achieved. As long as the balance is right.

Another thing not mentioned is seat discolouration due to the sun. Obviously not a big problem and somewhere near the bottom but just a wee bug bearer I guess that they arnt all the same shade of blue.

If we don’t have card machines in place next season that’s a disgrace. Card machines are not deer and Ibrox should have WiFi even if it’s for club use and not public so no reason why they wouldn’t work. It’s 2019 I don’t know many people that carry cash on them at least younger bears. Many a time I want to buy food but can’t because I’m not carrying cash. No ATM’s around Ibrox either at least that don’t charge you to withdraw your own money. The coop or the Asda might be the nearest non charging ones

The club are certainly doing themselves out of revenue by not having card facility.

Print at home tickets should be introduced to save people having to q to collect briefs for Euro games etc

I’m surprised that alistair Johnston , who has spent a lot of time in America , hasn’t suggested implementing the things they take as standard in the NFL and baseball . The catering side of Ibrox is literally 30 years out of date . Cash only ffs what year is it .

Do the club make any money on the catering sales? I was under the impression they just rent the space out to the company that provides it.

This here would make the real change -

“Looking to have Edmiston Road closed off past the stadium side and pedestrianised with a Blue walkway, benches, trees etc.”

Could have like Manchester City have pre match outdoor activities a proper fan zone and many other brilliant opportunities to make money for the club

Says this before, we should look to close off the section infront of main stand with large customized style fencing at either end and pedestrianise the area into a proper fan zone with entertainment, food, beverages, large screens, ex players/club official stage for QAs etc.

It's a huge ask given its a through road but surely worth a try?

The club are certainly doing themselves out of revenue by not having card facility.

Exactly as a younger bear of 21 I hardly ever carry physically cash on me . 99% of places accept card or even more popular with people my age Apple Pay. You can buy a card machine for 25 quid and as long as you have it connected to WiFi it will work. Most people I know my age are the same about not carrying cash. I reckon the issue is more the tills at Ibrox are that old they would need to replace them all to be able to accept card transactions

Do the club make any money on the catering sales? I was under the impression they just rent the space out to the company that provides it.
Wouldn’t surprise me if we made no money on catering sales.

Remember it was Charles Green who tied us under all these onerous contracts.

The whole menu and payment system needs a revamp.

As a season ticket holder it's clear we need another tier on the govan as every get is sold out.
Sure may cost a few Bob just get a major company to sponsor Ibrox and job done.

The fact you can’t at least pay by contactless or card stops me buying stuff 90% of the time
The food and drink is a lot of shite anyway.

Pies are over priced and the Coke tastes like medicine (no exaggeration).

Look at Killie and Hamilton, their pies are something else and are nowhere near the region of £3.

It would be good if the club would give us some clarity on the present catering situation. For all we know the club could making no money from it whatsoever.

Says this before, we should look to close off the section infront of main stand with large customized style fencing at either end and pedestrianise the area into a proper fan zone with entertainment, food, beverages, large screens, ex players/club official stage for QAs etc.

It's a huge ask given its a through road but surely worth a try?

I agree it would be tremendous but the chance of GCC approving this are virtually 0.

Julian Woldhart was at the recent game v mentally challengeds. I hope he had a look around to see the set up and hopefully he can maybe throw a few bob out way for upgrades and improvements.

Back