Stadium Improvments

59zckp.jpg
Looking better.

I'm more and more at the point of driving up with my Karcher to blast all that that shite off the concrete sections !! It's messing with my OCD !! :))

You could use a small section of the shop once we get it back. Most done online so most would be able to be done behind closed doors. Just temp expand on match days etc but on the quiet days out of sight

Looking better.

I'm more and more at the point of driving up with my Karcher to blast all that that shite off the concrete sections !! Its messing with my OCD !! :))
I’ll meet you there:))

Should get a group of us up in the middle of the night. Surely they wouldn’t call security on us giving the place a clean:))

How much do they cost (for those who actually know/are close to the company doing it)?

I see Rangers Pools donated £20k for panel replacements on the Broomy & Copland. Well done bears who have contributed

Now can we please have Safe-Standing in the Copland Front
According to the UB, the board plan to move forward with safe standing for the 2020/21 season.

King talks about having the stadium renovated and modernised for our 150th anniversary (2022), so I think there could be substance to it. Safe standing will be a part of his plans I’m sure.

Not sure about the CF though. The CF would be my preferred choice but noises from the board mean it’s most likely to be the Broomloan Front instead.

Looks like Morris and Spottiswood are taking care of the refurbishment of the interior of the main stand.

If you take a look at their website, some of the refurbishment work they have done is unreal. If you scroll down to the bottom of their website you can see the work they’ve done.

https://www.morrisandspottiswood.co.uk/
I love their vans with the double acts on them!
vans_110715_00361-768x511.jpg

The comments on that twitter post are fucking weird.

Edit. Not that one, the main Rangers page.
They’re fucking obsessed.

Youth Development Co also run the Pools which goes to stadium maintenance as well as all the fundraising they do for our youth teams.

They know we have the best stadium in Scotland and once it’s all spruced up it’ll look magnificent.

They’re just attempting to take the piss the now as they know Rangers are returning to our former glory.

This quote you make OP

“A further thing that could be improved upon would be the ability to buy matchday programmes within the stadium as not every fan may be able to go to a vendor in time to buy a programme.

This would then increase the sales of programmes and rising stars”

I remember when my nephew worked for Glasgow Programmes late 1980’s most of the 90’s we had a seller at the turnstiles I went into when you entered the stadium even at half time, they did a really good job back then but this was before the internet when I suppose you could read content online and the club maybe let sellers go I don’t know know ?

But your correct about many things in this post.

Great add here I had from months back about programmes being available like you say half time and inside the stadium on my imagur page

( just scroll left or right or down for images )

As would I mate.

All this 'health and saftey' shite and 'insurance' is a piece of nonsense. Get a load of bears up there with pressure washers and let's get the job done for free and save the club some cash ! ;)

Health and safety these days , on the one had OTT in many walks of life but on the other I suppose over years must have saved many accidents e c t again not just in football but society as a whole

Especially when certain cash machines around Ibrox (not them all) charge for withdrawing cash.

Not the end of the world I know but it pisses of the lads who haven't got cash in the hip going into the Stadium.

Yes this been discussed before mind

( 2nd scan along) we where the 1st club British club to introduce cash regesters at the till ever

I.e pay at the till using a machine rather than in hand

Yet as you say we don’t have even one wireless card machine per outlet not saying has to be every till as obviously that could be costly

But revenue lost for sure

Especially when certain cash machines around Ibrox (not them all) charge for withdrawing cash.

Not the end of the world I know but it pisses of the lads who haven't got cash in the hip going into the Stadium.
Ibrox is literally the only place I attend these days that doesn’t have contactless payments. It’s worse than amateur, I’ve heard about beggars running round with card machines ffs

Your good authority info has been known for months and posted many times about it on here.

The changes are mainly to allow the players to eat together and relax before games in privacy,kitchen is also being built.

Isn’t it to avoid them eating at a hotel pre game? Also sure the managers office is going to be downstairs same as changing room. Was told this on a recent Ibrox tour

The council are focused on keeping cars out of the city centre not recreational facility's,If they were concerned about the dangers of pollution with kids present,then every road outside a school would be closed,half the city's roads would be closed.

Turning a four lane road into a two lane one is a recipe for plenty of accidents,especially if coming round the Broomloan roundabout and then having to take a sharp left onto oncoming traffic,there is also the problem of planning permission and as we have seen being denied a very simple fanzone with everything in place,there aint a hope in hell of them granting us permission to close half the road and alter the road layout along with having to deal with no doubt lots of protests from the Ibrox and Cessnock community council.

Would be far better resurfacing the surrounds of the stadium behind the stands,re-cladding with more modern stuff which looks nice and doing something with Edmiston house which still costs the club money every year regardless of not being used.

The kids fanzone is absolutely laughable,allowing people and kids to play football on a car parks concrete surface when it would be much easier to just buy astroturf and put that down and when done roll it up and put in a safe place and it's much safer for the kids.

People on here have come up with some great ideas for the stadium surrounds and how to improve the matchday experience,same thing with highlighting the facia of our main stand,there is nothing difficult about it and was done previously when it was lit up blue by Green and the lighting was removed,LED lighting to highlight the two ends of the main stand along with lighting the facade,when you have something to show off you highlight it for all to see,the main stand falls into that category and something that should be done on a permanent basis,the tech is available but sometimes i think our board still live in the 1980's in the land of uplighters and spotlights.

Similar applies to our floodlights as we still use old halogen bulbs,LED lighting is far superior and a 1/4 of the cost of running halogen bulbs, I also don't know why we haven't installed energy efficient solar panels on the vast roof space and utilised it to cut our costs regarding lighting and heating throughout the stadium,free energy and we don't use it.
Ffs we’ve came up from lower leagues the cost of running Ibrox is unreal , can’t just flick a switch and all done. Been spending money on team gradually getting things done to Stadium takes time and money. Apart from the team next year should see a big difference on the stadium.
Main thing successful team first.

Ffs we’ve came up from lower leagues the cost of running Ibrox is unreal , can’t just flick a switch and all done. Been spending money on team gradually getting things done to Stadium takes time and money. Apart from the team next year should see a big difference on the stadium.
Main thing successful team first.

I think really your post on this thread is the best yet and really is subject closed, we forget was only 2012 struggled to get a team together over that summer and the licence for Brechin in the cup.

We have had I feel a tremendous season in Europe and opinions vary on the league but yes spending money on the team to win the league be it next season or at the very latest the season after is the piorty Melbear,

As we can always come back to making the stadium all singing all dancing looking smart upgrading everything, let’s just be gratefully we are where we are and that we still have what we have.

Thread closed I feel.

Back