Stadium Improvments

LM1872

Official Ticketer
Sorry if this thread is already here, couldn't find it.

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything to do with stadium improvements and what is happening with the Rangers Pools money?

Thanks in advance

I'll start, that "Welcome to Ibrox" sign above the megastore is one of the tackiest things i've seen at a football stadium.

The "Rangers FC" is pretty much the exact same font as on here

RANGERS pools goes towards stadium upkeep and Rangers lotto goes towards improving the youth setup.
The money raised is way behind what the mentally challengeds raise apparently, so if you don't play and can afford to then please join, it's goes to a worthy cause.
Yeah, I seen somewhere that the first 25k the pools made is going towards new Score Boards, however not 100 sure.

Yeah, I seen somewhere that the first 25k the pools made is going towards new Score Boards, however not 100 sure.
Yep i saw a post on twitter saying 25k had been raised since August but didn't see what the money was going to be used for. Every little bit helps.

Club have been really reticent about pushing boat out to publicise these things...get Gough, Laudrup and every other well loved player and make TV ads, radio ads, and emails to everyone on ticket database. There are people who still don't know about these things. How can bheasts be ahead when we dominated for YEARS in this area?

Club have been really reticent about pushing boat out to publicise these things...get Gough, Laudrup and every other well loved player and make TV ads, radio ads, and emails to everyone on ticket database. There are people who still don't know about these things. How can bheasts be ahead when we dominated for YEARS in this area?

They already do regular emails (I've received a few). I'm not sure of the cost of radio/tv adverts but perhaps it's prohibitive although I do appreciate you sometimes have to speculate to accumulate. There are adverts on the big screens at Ibrox as well as the match programme so even half of those attending signed up and got one family member to do likewise it could make a big difference.

This article gives a bit about the relaunch of the pools. Incredibly back in the day 1.3 million people played weekly.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/club/sign-up-to-rangers-pools-now/

If you don't already play you can sign up at

https://www.rangerspools.com/

A proper ticket office is a must .

A club our size having portakabins with barbed wire and barred windows is an unsightly disgusting humiliation and a blight on our club .

I’ll never forget taking Australian relatives to a game and their faces when they saw the portakabins and asked me what they were . Never felt shame like it .

Please Rangers do something .

@Greg Marshall do you know if any plans for a real ticket office ?

Last edited:
A proper ticket office is a must .

A club our size having portakabins with barbed wire and barred windows is an unsightly disgusting humiliation and a blight on our club .

I’ll never forget taking Australian relatives to a game and their faces when they saw the portakabins and asked me what they were . Never felt shame like it .

Please Rangers do something .

@Greg Marshall do you know if any plans for a real ticket office ?

Their existence is a disgrace for a club like ours. And you're right, they are a humiliation.

If this doesn't concentrate the relevant minds then nothing will. Does ANYONE at Rangers even have the most basic grasp of public image?

You either have standards or you don't. It's as simple as that.

The ticket office doesn’t actually bother me at all. I visit it about 4 times a season max, and it does everything’s it needs to do for me.

Just my own opinion.

I'd say so also, we sell out most games in advance to season ticket holders and locals so it's not as if were getting loads of tourists turning up at the ticket office, and tbh if they do come as far as Ibrox, they're not gonna turn back due to the portakabins.

It's something that would improve the look of the area surrounding the stadium but I'm not sure it's of vital importance.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the electronic scoreboards in the Copland and Broomloan were being replaced at that time?

They looked the same to me on Sunday with the same wee annoying red light beside our name on the Copland one. At first glance it usually looks like we've had a man sent off. Only this time the wee red light was joined by yellow and green lights in a traffic light sequence!

The first pools money is being used to replace the existing LED scoreboards. The fact that is the first project, frustrates me. There are numerous issues which need resolved before something that should be a capex cost of the football business.

Pools money will go towards Stadium upkeep. It will help along with funds from the Board to deliver the 2022 vision Dave King planned out a few years ago.

Memorial Garden,
Edmiston House renovation to accommodate the TO, Museum, needed office space and a Cafe.

Cladding replaced.

New Illuminated Club crest signage on exterior.

Looking to have Edmiston Road closed off past the stadium side and pedestrianised with a Blue walkway, benches, trees etc.

Also looking in to lighting in order to light the place blue in the nights sky.

Pools money will go towards Stadium upkeep. It will help along with funds from the Board to deliver the 2022 vision Dave King planned out a few years ago.

Memorial Garden,
Edmiston House renovation to accommodate the TO, Museum, needed office space and a Cafe.

Cladding replaced.

Looking to have Edmiston Road closed off past the stadium side and pedestrianised with a Blue walkway, benches, trees etc.

I remember reading a while back that there would be big plans for the 150th anniversary but other than the memorial garden which was mentioned later, I can't recall reading anything else about the detail. The development of Edmiston House and especially the inclusion of a museum I find particularly interesting. Is there anywhere online I can read about this?

Memorial Garden,

Cladding replaced.

Whats happening with the empty land infront of the Main Stand? Surely the club can build on this on Hinshelwood Drive? Council aren't building houses on that part.

The ticket office doesn’t actually bother me at all. I visit it about 4 times a season max, and it does everything’s it needs to do for me.

Just my own opinion.

The only thing that kip would be good for is to corral any misbehaving soapdodgers on derby day. Why else would you have barbed wire and bars on the windows?

They are doing this with the gable cladding panels, unsure if it will be in place for this season. Don't know if they are blue either I think it may be White LED's

I remember reading a while back that there would be big plans for the 150th anniversary but other than the memorial garden which was mentioned later, I can't recall reading anything else about the detail. The development of Edmiston House and especially the inclusion of a museum I find particularly interesting. Is there anywhere online I can read about this?

Not much of us it is yet out there. But I know someone who has already been offered to move his department to a new office in the Edmiston House when it’s done and declined because they want to remain in the stadium. A few planning Applications outstanding.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the electronic scoreboards in the Copland and Broomloan were being replaced at that time?

They looked the same to me on Sunday with the same wee annoying red light beside our name on the Copland one. At first glance it usually looks like we've had a man sent off. Only this time the wee red light was joined by yellow and green lights in a traffic light sequence!
I’ve always wondered what the light was for. It is red more often than not. I thought it might have been a signal to the ref to send Alfie off.

Then it was green one day. Which confused me as to its meaning. But it infuriated me because it was green.

Whats happening with the empty land infront of the Main Stand? Surely the club can build on this on Hinshelwood Drive? Council aren't building houses on that part.

No idea, lot of Govan regeneration as part of a project which the Club are likely to benefit from by being a key stakeholder in the Community.

RANGERS pools goes towards stadium upkeep and Rangers lotto goes towards improving the youth setup.
The money raised is way behind what the mentally challengeds raise apparently, so if you don't play and can afford to then please join, it's goes to a worthy cause.
Who maintains the tarred areas around the stadium?
I noticed some work getting done at the ticket office side and thought how much this would improve the whole area.

No idea, lot of Govan regeneration as part of a project which the Club are likely to benefit from by being a key stakeholder in the Community.

Well you would think so but as we all know things aren't easy to be done around Ibrox with the council rejecting something positive for fans.

Been talk of a train station for years so I hope we get the old Ibrox station back considering SPT have been doing work on the old line outside the ground.

Well you would think so but as we all know things aren't easy to be done around Ibrox with the council rejecting something positive for fans.

Been talk of a train station for years so I hope we get the old Ibrox station back considering SPT have been doing work on the old line outside the ground.

Train was knocked on the head after Airport connection project got binned by Scotrail and Scotgov

Back