Stadium Improvments

Looking to have Edmiston Road closed off past the stadium side and pedestrianised with a Blue walkway, benches, trees etc.
Never going to happen,that road is far to busy and our stadium isn't set up the same way the unwashed is with their walkway.

Besides it couldn't also be blocked off given emergency vehicles would need access and how would you prevent other vehicles going down it.

Pie in the sky stuff and will never happen.

Pools money will go towards Stadium upkeep. It will help along with funds from the Board to deliver the 2022 vision Dave King planned out a few years ago.

Memorial Garden,
Edmiston House renovation to accommodate the TO, Museum, needed office space and a Cafe.

Cladding replaced.

New Illuminated Club crest signage on exterior.

Looking to have Edmiston Road closed off past the stadium side and pedestrianised with a Blue walkway, benches, trees etc.

Also looking in to lighting in order to light the place blue in the nights sky.

Superb if official .

A few things I'd like to see done.. probably take time though...
In no particular order
1/ edminston house.. a eye sore.. a 70s relic.. it needs flattened ...be cheaper 5o demolish it and build something that represents our club in the 21st century..that doing it up..
2... edminston drive we need it closed off and make it own walkway..
3 concourses and food outlets look dated..
4 . Toilets in need of some TLC..
5..The walkway up to the stadium.. . Hopefully the remembrance garden gets the go ahead..
6..the ticket office maybee not on everyone's agenda but they look like the huts I use in work..
7..the Cris cross on the main stand really needs a paint and spruced up rust is setting in..
8.. new seats
9... I know I'm prob being pedantic but I'd love the original gates to be put back at the copland rd..
A long winded post but needs must

P

I've been banging on about this for ages.

Edmiston Drive, at the very least on the stadium side, definitely needs pedestrianised and the ugly street lighting that ruins the vistas of the historic stadium frontage have to go. Those ugly street lights should be replaced entirely with uplighter spot lights, possibly in Royal Blue

(all protected by GCC funded state of the art CCTV to capture good clean images of the inevitable can't help themselves behaving like tramps timmy attempted vandalism).

In no particular order
1/ edminston house.. a eye sore.. a 70s relic.. it needs flattened ...be cheaper 5o demolish it and build something that represents our club in the 21st century..that doing it up..
5..The walkway up to the stadium.. . Hopefully the remembrance garden gets the go ahead..
6..the ticket office maybee not on everyone's agenda but they look like the huts I use in work..
7..the Cris cross on the main stand really needs a paint and spruced up rust is setting in..
8.. new seats
9... I know I'm prob being pedantic but I'd love the original gates to be put back at the copland rd..

Agree with everything on that list

2nd back row. The speakers nearest me don't make a sound.
I see , I'm row m and can hear it fine.

Kind of know what you mean though , got a couple mates who sit in the 2nd back row in gf1 who I sometime sit with if there's a spare seat , the speaker works but you can struggle at times hearing what's being said. Cant see the screens either.

Never going to happen,that road is far to busy and our stadium isn't set up the same way the unwashed is with their walkway.

Besides it couldn't also be blocked off given emergency vehicles would need access and how would you prevent other vehicles going down it.

Pie in the sky stuff and will never happen.

Do you really need me to answer that?
Clearly level would match to the kerb to the opposite side where traffic would change to split lane both directions. Pretty sure in a situation the area would be cleared and cordoned off to allow services access. The GCC are very much focused on keeping cars out the City and away from recreational facilities where Children are present such as the pitch opposite. Pie in sky so you say, but that is what is being planned.

Do you really need me to answer that?
Clearly level would match to the kerb to the opposite side where traffic would change to split lane both directions. Pretty sure in a situation the area would be cleared and cordoned off to allow services access. The GCC are very much focused on keeping cars out the City and away from recreational facilities where Children are present such as the pitch opposite. Pie in sky so you say, but that is what is being planned.
The council are focused on keeping cars out of the city centre not recreational facility's,If they were concerned about the dangers of pollution with kids present,then every road outside a school would be closed,half the city's roads would be closed.

Turning a four lane road into a two lane one is a recipe for plenty of accidents,especially if coming round the Broomloan roundabout and then having to take a sharp left onto oncoming traffic,there is also the problem of planning permission and as we have seen being denied a very simple fanzone with everything in place,there aint a hope in hell of them granting us permission to close half the road and alter the road layout along with having to deal with no doubt lots of protests from the Ibrox and Cessnock community council.

Would be far better resurfacing the surrounds of the stadium behind the stands,re-cladding with more modern stuff which looks nice and doing something with Edmiston house which still costs the club money every year regardless of not being used.

The kids fanzone is absolutely laughable,allowing people and kids to play football on a car parks concrete surface when it would be much easier to just buy astroturf and put that down and when done roll it up and put in a safe place and it's much safer for the kids.

People on here have come up with some great ideas for the stadium surrounds and how to improve the matchday experience,same thing with highlighting the facia of our main stand,there is nothing difficult about it and was done previously when it was lit up blue by Green and the lighting was removed,LED lighting to highlight the two ends of the main stand along with lighting the facade,when you have something to show off you highlight it for all to see,the main stand falls into that category and something that should be done on a permanent basis,the tech is available but sometimes i think our board still live in the 1980's in the land of uplighters and spotlights.

Similar applies to our floodlights as we still use old halogen bulbs,LED lighting is far superior and a 1/4 of the cost of running halogen bulbs, I also don't know why we haven't installed energy efficient solar panels on the vast roof space and utilised it to cut our costs regarding lighting and heating throughout the stadium,free energy and we don't use it.

In no particular order
8.. new seats

All of the above for me

Another thing not mentioned is seat discolouration due to the sun. Obviously not a big problem and somewhere near the bottom but just a wee bug bearer I guess that they arnt all the same shade of blue.

If we don’t have card machines in place next season that’s a disgrace. Card machines are not deer and Ibrox should have WiFi even if it’s for club use and not public so no reason why they wouldn’t work. It’s 2019 I don’t know many people that carry cash on them at least younger bears. Many a time I want to buy food but can’t because I’m not carrying cash. No ATM’s around Ibrox either at least that don’t charge you to withdraw your own money. The coop or the Asda might be the nearest non charging ones

Another thing not mentioned is seat discolouration due to the sun. Obviously not a big problem and somewhere near the bottom but just a wee bug bearer I guess that they arnt all the same shade of blue.

If we don’t have card machines in place next season that’s a disgrace. Card machines are not deer and Ibrox should have WiFi even if it’s for club use and not public so no reason why they wouldn’t work. It’s 2019 I don’t know many people that carry cash on them at least younger bears. Many a time I want to buy food but can’t because I’m not carrying cash. No ATM’s around Ibrox either at least that don’t charge you to withdraw your own money. The coop or the Asda might be the nearest non charging ones

It’s an eyesore anyone who walks around our stadium sees .

A grey portakabin covered in barbed wire ? Horrendous .

Agreed. Posted before the ‘Charles Green’ plan was the ticket office into the current mega store and the derelict Edmiston House redeveloped with a new bigger mega store a coffee shop and a Rangers cafe bar. Now we all know what Green was but a broken clock is accurate once or twice a day. Whilst this was hot air from Green it’s exactly what should happen.

The area round Ibrox is a dump and is getting worse. Something has to happen surely?

Sit up near the back of the club deck, all the lights have been replaced with led ones, I wish they’d replace the old fluorescent lights with the curly flex, that currently light the glass staircases, put in led lighting and the glass would look fantastic

They already do regular emails (I've received a few). I'm not sure of the cost of radio/tv adverts but perhaps it's prohibitive although I do appreciate you sometimes have to speculate to accumulate. There are adverts on the big screens at Ibrox as well as the match programme so even half of those attending signed up and got one family member to do likewise it could make a big difference.

This article gives a bit about the relaunch of the pools. Incredibly back in the day 1.3 million people played weekly.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/club/sign-up-to-rangers-pools-now/

If you don't already play you can sign up at

https://www.rangerspools.com/
No point in moaning about the stadium bears. We need to support things like the pools as much as we can afford to. Get signed up.

;)
Sorry if this thread is already here, couldn't find it.

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything to do with stadium improvements and what is happening with the Rangers Pools money?

Thanks in advance

Yes have been loads of threads on this recently many very sensible suggestions have been made in relation to the matchday pools funds.

I do have a imgur page or two with just a few reminders for the younger bears on here what can be possible , we can be No 1 again.

( Just scroll right or down to see how large our pools where )

Yep i saw a post on twitter saying 25k had been raised since August but didn't see what the money was going to be used for. Every little bit helps.

Everything in this post is correct we where simply the best before and it’s not expensive to be so again ? Just a little thought and focus can go along way with this summers board room plans

Just scroll right or down for images

The council are focused on keeping cars out of the city centre not recreational facility's,If they were concerned about the dangers of pollution with kids present,then every road outside a school would be closed,half the city's roads would be closed.

Turning a four lane road into a two lane one is a recipe for plenty of accidents,especially if coming round the Broomloan roundabout and then having to take a sharp left onto oncoming traffic,there is also the problem of planning permission and as we have seen being denied a very simple fanzone with everything in place,there aint a hope in hell of them granting us permission to close half the road and alter the road layout along with having to deal with no doubt lots of protests from the Ibrox and Cessnock community council.

Would be far better resurfacing the surrounds of the stadium behind the stands,re-cladding with more modern stuff which looks nice and doing something with Edmiston house which still costs the club money every year regardless of not being used.

The kids fanzone is absolutely laughable,allowing people and kids to play football on a car parks concrete surface when it would be much easier to just buy astroturf and put that down and when done roll it up and put in a safe place and it's much safer for the kids.

People on here have come up with some great ideas for the stadium surrounds and how to improve the matchday experience,same thing with highlighting the facia of our main stand,there is nothing difficult about it and was done previously when it was lit up blue by Green and the lighting was removed,LED lighting to highlight the two ends of the main stand along with lighting the facade,when you have something to show off you highlight it for all to see,the main stand falls into that category and something that should be done on a permanent basis,the tech is available but sometimes i think our board still live in the 1980's in the land of uplighters and spotlights.

Similar applies to our floodlights as we still use old halogen bulbs,LED lighting is far superior and a 1/4 of the cost of running halogen bulbs, I also don't know why we haven't installed energy efficient solar panels on the vast roof space and utilised it to cut our costs regarding lighting and heating throughout the stadium,free energy and we don't use it.
Purchasing the Sports complex across from the club's main entrance on Edmiston Drive would answer a lot of those questions. A joint venture between the club and C1872 would be a great idea imo.

Regardless of your opinion mate, it is relatively far on in terms of planning with the Council. There is a genuine appetite from it and not just at Rangers end.

In no particular order
8.. new seats

Arnt those the original gates at the copland road end?

It would help if the council actually put money into the surrounding area. The Celtic Way over at the shit pit was paid by the commonwealth games funds and its a massive improvement on what they had which was basically wasteland

For any bears that were in Vienna, that card model was class. Big Portakabin, rock up fire a set sum on the prepaid card and simply tap at any food or beverage counter when purchasing. Makes everything significantly quicker. End of season, take whatever is on card back off as cash. Easy to do. Why we haven't replicated Motherwell with the scanners for tickets is also beyond me.

Last edited:
They have contactless payment at the Tynecastle pie stalls. It takes forever at Ibrox to add everything up then count out your change.

Regardless of your opinion mate, it is relatively far on in terms of planning with the Council. There is a genuine appetite from it and not just at Rangers end.
I'm not against anything the club try and do,I'm simply stating that the council haven't been exactly welcoming in regards to helping the club along with those other fools on the Ibrox and Cessnock comminity council.

I'm not against anything the club try and do,I'm simply stating that the council haven't been exactly welcoming in regards to helping the club along with those other fools on the Ibrox and Cessnock comminity council.
Total difference with the documented idiots and those involved at Glasgow City Council in terms of getting stuff done.

Purchasing the Sports complex across from the club's main entrance on Edmiston Drive would answer a lot of those questions. A joint venture between the club and C1872 would be a great idea imo.

Would love too see that happen and with the pitch their it makes perfect sense but think that’s already been invested in and sadly taken care of , although hope I am proved wrong, would be ideal for training

Because it’s sensible that’s why we don’t do it :))

The club needs to get into modern times. Things like the 4 monthly instalments can’t even be paid online for some weird reason. The stadium needs to be brought into the 21st century, and little things like improving toilets, catering can go a long way.
How can bheasts be ahead when we dominated for YEARS in this area?

“That Megastore is nothing but a complete and utter embarrassment. Infact, that whole corner of the outside of the ground is an eyesore[/QUOTE]

Agree with you OP when you look at the mega store ( photo 3) it is a eye now compared to the St Enoch Centre all white and the new Belfast one, so much more could be done with that premium retail space walking up from the Subway and parking areas it’s very frustrating.

should give fans option to buy their seat or a seat then put money into replacing it with brand new one.

The problem their is “seats for life” “ own your own seat “ been done before their are even some seats in fact many in the club deck still with names on them around 7000 ish that been to expensive to remove at this point the name tabs.

25 year seat for life” certificates where issued I keep meaning to upload a copy, so not sure the appetite with the fans would be thier ?

But it is a good idea you make

For any bears that were in Vienna, that card model was class. Big Portakabin, rock up fire a set sum on the prepaid card and simply tap at any food or beverage counter when purchasing. Makes everything significantly quicker. Saves a 16 year old retard trying to count change as well. End of season, take whatever is on card back off as cash. Easy to do. Why we haven't replicated Motherwell with the scanners for tickets is also beyond me.
16 year old retard ?

Pools money will go towards Stadium upkeep. It will help along with funds from the Board to deliver the 2022 vision Dave King planned out a few years ago.

Memorial Garden,
Edmiston House renovation to accommodate the TO, Museum, needed office space and a Cafe.

Cladding replaced.

New Illuminated Club crest signage on exterior.

Blue trees, ya beauty!!

Cleaning the top of the main stand should be a priority. Hasn’t had a wash for years.

I generally remember being so excited when the main stand plans where unveiled aome write up here, ( scroll right or down )

But again it’s down to investment , we don’t need renovation work as such more of a polish and much areas of the stadium can look like these images again.

Reactions: wpj
Back